FA 2022

ravishingone

Just now, ravishingone said:

I expect Gronk and Suh to sign after the draft,  no rush.  

I expect Gronk is about 100%, despite his 50/50 claim.

Suh, I think, is 50/50. He's gonna wanna get paid. And we want more speed at the position. I think the draft determines whether or not we "settle" for a reunion.

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I expect Gronk is about 100%, despite his 50/50 claim.

Suh, I think, is 50/50. He's gonna wanna get paid. And we want more speed at the position. I think the draft determines whether or not we "settle" for a reunion.

If Suh doesn t come back they would have to draft 2 DL or re sign another UFA to fill a spot.  I would be surprised if they draft 2 DL in this draft class.

34 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

If Suh doesn t come back they would have to draft 2 DL or re sign another UFA to fill a spot.  I would be surprised if they draft 2 DL in this draft class.

I'll be honest - theres really only 2 that are worth the pick at 27 - Wyatt and Davis. I think the rest of the prospects aren't worth a 2nd day pick. I think the bucs are really hoping for Wyatt to fall to 27. But even then - he'll still be a rookie that will struggle a bit. Tryon was an absolute beast during offseason and Preseason - and he still saw his fair share of rookie struggles. A vet would still be needed if we draft a guy. 

totally off topic for Bucs FA acquisitions but seeing some rumors of Stefon Diggs potentially wanting out of Buffalo after seeing both Hill and Adams get 28-29 MM deals - Makes me super happy to have Mike Evans. Chiefs had to trade Tyreek all bc of his contract demands and now theres potential rumors of Diggs and other receivers like Metcalf and AJ brown being expendable due to their asking price. Evans restructured his contract again despite Godwin getting more money than him. Hopefully Evans retires a Buc and I think Licht is willing to make that a priority. 

Outside of AB - Licht has acquired receivers with a team first attitude for the most part. 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns

Bowles was asked recently if he would consider bringing in his future son-in-law (Tyrann Mathieu):

Everybody’s under consideration,” Bowles said. “He’s a heck of a player and he’s been a heck of player. We actually drafted him in Arizona, so his track record speaks for itself. If the situation is right, everybody’s a viable player in this game.”

57 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Bowles was asked recently if he would consider bringing in his future son-in-law (Tyrann Mathieu):

Everybody’s under consideration,” Bowles said. “He’s a heck of a player and he’s been a heck of player. We actually drafted him in Arizona, so his track record speaks for itself. If the situation is right, everybody’s a viable player in this game.”

It's gotta just be a money thing. Otherwise, I'd think he'd have already been a Buc.

On 4/2/2022 at 6:31 AM, RedandPewterReturns said:

He won a playoff game in 2020 and finished the year as a top 10 rated QB and injured his shoulder twice and played hurt all year in 2021. Missed 14 days due to covid and literally got cleared to play the night before the packers game. Players arent robots. 

The fact you claim you'd take Trash - a guy who only was on the roster bc Ryan Griffin wasn't going to be claimed off waivers bc he couldn't beat him out all year for practice reps despite being on the active roster - shows you know nothing. 

Baker Mayfield was never a top 10 rated QB, ever. QBR does not define a qbs season. In his best season as a pro that year dude had the 6th worst completion % in the entire NFL. He was bottom 5 in pass yards per game as well with a measly 222.5 yards. There are plenty of dud QBs in the history of the game that has won a playoff game. In regards to Baker, he was 15th in on target throws (79.1), ranked 4th worst in own pressure rate at 24%. Browns were third best run game in the NFL that year. So lets not sit up here and pretend his 2020 season he was the main culprit behind it. He was game managing and thats all he proved so far he can do in his career.

So yes roll with Trask and see if he can be better than Baker game managing Mayfield. Trask will obviously have to work for his shot but Im not going beat him over the head for not beating out Griffin. Did you beat Robert Hainsey last years third round pick who couldnt unseat UDFA Stinnie? No. Point is these rookies came in through COVID times and arent up to speed like they usually are. This off season things will be back to normal. If Trask cant beat Griffin out THIS off season then sure I’ll have to question his ability as a qb. Not going to put any stock in last years rookie class when barley anybody played. Bucs were prepared for a Trask v Gabbert for the starting role before Brady unretired..no mention of Griffin anywhere. So clearly they arent putting any stock of his rookie season. But I know nothing 😂😂

Edited by indifference

Just now, ravishingone said:

Is this really going to happen?  My first thought is Julio is done.  However, when the Pats traded for Moss from the Raiders, the thought he was done. More Brady special powers again?  🤔

Might explain why we haven't signed Suh or Honey Badger.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Might explain why we haven't signed Suh or Honey Badger.

Could be, I never thought Honey Badger was viable at any point this offseason.  I don t see Julio ending up in GB.  With his injury history, not a great career move playing in cold weather.  Julio is 33 and career earnings of 152 million.  Could be in ring chaser mode.  Easier path to the SB is thru the NFC. Realistically, Rams or Bucs are his best option if he wants to ring chase.  

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Could be, I never thought Honey Badger was viable at any point this offseason.  I don t see Julio ending up in GB.  With his injury history, not a great career move playing in cold weather.  Julio is 33 and career earnings of 152 million.  Could be in ring chaser mode.  Easier path to the SB is thru the NFC. Realistically, Rams or Bucs are his best option if he wants to ring chase.  

What Mathieu does would be a huge upgrade for our defense. And the connections here are far more than anywhere else. His versatility would be a huge improvement over what Whitehead offered. We just lack the cap space to make it happen.

Honestly, I'm skeptical about Julio signing at all. Or even any real interest he/we might have. I'd guess he'd want at least two years worth of guaranteed money. Especially at his age with his previous injuries. Seems doubtful we'd be able to offer up something like a 2 year ~$25M contract with over half guaranteed. Even if we added void years. Or if we'd even be willing to offer something like that.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

What Mathieu does would be a huge upgrade for our defense. And the connections here are far more than anywhere else. His versatility would be a huge improvement over what Whitehead offered. We just lack the cap space to make it happen.

Honestly, I'm skeptical about Julio signing at all. Or even any real interest he/we might have. I'd guess he'd want at least two years worth of guaranteed money. Especially at his age with his previous injuries. Seems doubtful we'd be able to offer up something like a 2 year ~$25M contract with over half guaranteed. Even if we added void years. Or if we'd even be willing to offer something like that.

If Julio signs, it would be a 1 yr deal, IMO.  Definitely ring chaser contract.  The issue with Mathieu if he gets signed, probably reduces the chances of getting Dean re signed next season.  Obviously, Edwards would be gone.  I believe long term Dean and Winfield will join Davis on multi yr deals.