FA 2022

ravishingone

No idea where to put this lol.

Speaking at a presser, Bucs LB Lavonte David revealed that he played with a Lisfranc injury in the playoffs last season.

He noted that he was at about "60 percent" during the playoffs. That explains some rather tough pass coverage from the normally reliable middle linebacker. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Ian Rappaport continues to feel/hear  that we're one of 3 teams Baker Mayfield lands with (Carolina, Seattle and us).

I would be surprised CAR, he'll start, but Rhule is one foot out the door.  SEA makes the most sense, but their roster is arguably worse then CAR.  Long term Baker to the Bucs makes the most sense for him if he is willing to wait a la Steve Young with the Niners.

On 4/15/2022 at 1:41 PM, ravishingone said:

I would be surprised CAR, he'll start, but Rhule is one foot out the door.  SEA makes the most sense, but their roster is arguably worse then CAR.  Long term Baker to the Bucs makes the most sense for him if he is willing to wait a la Steve Young with the Niners.

if we made a trade - we'd have to have Cleveland eat most of that 18MM. We have what 4 mil in cap space? 

I'm for this move bc i don't believe in Trask and unless Brady gets hurt or calls off the planet in a weak south - chances of us picking a top QB in next years draft are slim to none. 

I still wouldn't rule out the Giants either. I think he gets moved on day 2 of the draft to be honest. The steelers make the most sense but cleveland will not deal him to a division Foe. 

I also wouldnt be shocked if Carolina makes a move for Garopolo. If Malik Willis goes 2 - then i see seattle making the deal bc I think Carolina is going to draft Pickett unless the Saints move up for Pickett (LOL to either team that drafts him btw) 

19 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

if we made a trade - we'd have to have Cleveland eat most of that 18MM. We have what 4 mil in cap space? 

I'm for this move bc i don't believe in Trask and unless Brady gets hurt or calls off the planet in a weak south - chances of us picking a top QB in next years draft are slim to none. 

I still wouldn't rule out the Giants either. I think he gets moved on day 2 of the draft to be honest. The steelers make the most sense but cleveland will not deal him to a division Foe. 

I also wouldnt be shocked if Carolina makes a move for Garopolo. If Malik Willis goes 2 - then i see seattle making the deal bc I think Carolina is going to draft Pickett unless the Saints move up for Pickett (LOL to either team that drafts him btw) 

I think this is going to be the case for CLE regardless if it's us, or anyone they try to trade him too. I think that's part of the hesitancy we've seen in him not being dealt. Teams know CLE is in a hard place with him (by their own doing) and teams are waiting it out to see if he just ends up getting released. If a deal does get done, CLE will assuredly be eating majority of the salary and won't be getting much for him.

I think most likely scenario for him coming to TB is if he ultimately gets released, clears waivers (which he would) and decides Tampa is his best chance to rehab his image/value and have a shot to succeed TB12 possibly as early as 2023.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

How Pinion keeps surviving without even being asked to take a pay cut is truly bizarre.  However, not as bizarre as the team's determination to continually re-sign QB3 or QB4 Ryan Griffen year after year.

Pinon not being cut is wild. Maybe they’ll wait until fall

I think we bring in another punter to Training Camp to push Pinion and potentially replace him. Possibly a UDFA. 

I think with Brady's contract restructure- Suh is probably the most likely to be brought back. I think Gronk is still not sure hes up for it. We'll know more after the draft. I think the injuries he sustained in 2021 were the main reasons why he retired in 2019 - He couldn't move with a back and broken ribs at the same time that sidelined him for weeks. Adding another week to an already long NFL season is probably making him reconsider playing. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2022 at 11:59 AM, Caaddy24 said:

He comes off as just lazy to me too. Which questions how motivated he'd be after getting a decent contract. At the same time, I don't know of any better options right now. Probably would have to be a trade. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-coaches-not-happy-with-leonard-fournette-weighing-in-at-roughly-260-pounds-per-report/