Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

I use Random Thoughts a bit as time capsules. 

Please don't combine it again with all of them.   Or I guess I am not in charge, do as you will.   But know I was labeling them purposefully for a purpose.   When I go back to find a certain set of things, I don't like searching through a 500 page thread.    

Plan is do one from now until draft.   Then draft through camp.   Then the season and start again.   So should be 3 a year.   I don't have to start them.

----

My first random thought - is wow - last weekends games turned out amazing.  All of them.   NFL got really lucky.   Funny how after a loss fan base wants to fire everyone even after crazy success all season.   

Second is my son saved up for a playstation 5 with his Christmas and birthday money and chores.   They are still hard to find because of chip shortage and people buying them up to resell them.  

So I got that quest going.   If you see one pop up for sale let me know.   They have drops in major stores weekly.

We give Eric Bieniemy no credit for KC success. 

Remember when KC hit a scoring draught and Nagy and media reported that Nagy took over play calling from Reid and they turned around? 

That incident really made Nagy a hot candidate.

33 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

We give Eric Bieniemy no credit for KC success. 

Remember when KC hit a scoring draught and Nagy and media reported that Nagy took over play calling from Reid and they turned around? 

That incident really made Nagy a hot candidate.

Im good with the separate threads for Random Thoughts. I'll lock the other one.

I'm not giving him much credit. If he becomes a HC and the offense soars for more than a stretch then I can admit I was wrong but IMO Reid is the driving force with that staff and has ridiculous talent to work with.  This isn't an OC running the offense for a defensive minded HC like in NE, BUF, etc. Its closer to Patricia coaching under Belichick. I hope someone else buys that snake oil. 

30 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Im good with the separate threads for Random Thoughts. I'll lock the other one.

I'm not giving him much credit. If he becomes a HC and the offense soars for more than a stretch then I can admit I was wrong but IMO Reid is the driving force with that staff and has ridiculous talent to work with.  This isn't an OC running the offense for a defensive minded HC like in NE, BUF, etc. Its closer to Patricia coaching under Belichick. I hope someone else buys that snake oil. 

Watch Bieniemy turns out to be an amazing HOF HC, LOL.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Watch Bieniemy turns out to be an amazing HOF HC, LOL.

It would really fit my "yo-yo" them for the Bears: they flip flop away from an offensive HC, avoid Reid guys like the plague, end up mediocre (but in a different way!) and Nagy 2.0 sets the league on fire (which he has the training to put out)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

It would really fit my "yo-yo" them for the Bears: they flip flop away from an offensive HC, avoid Reid guys like the plague, end up mediocre (but in a different way!) and Nagy 2.0 sets the league on fire (which he has the training to put out)

I think people get too far into patterns sometimes.

I don't know if Bieniemy will be a good coach.   I don't know if any of these guys will be.   I don't get to interview them and their bosses and players confidentially which is best way to find out.

But these guys aren't robots.  Like people saying no Mike Leech tree QB will succeed in NFL or no Texas Tech QB will succeed and then we get Mahomes.

I don't think you can say everyone from Reid tree is a bum going forward.    Reid is a good coach, I mean someone has to learn something from him.   

Let me do a quick google search of guys that coached under Reid, I bet there are some good ones ...

Let's see - John Harbaugh, Sean McDermott, Todd Bowles, Ron Rivera and Doug Pederson won a Super Bowl even though bloom came off his rose a bit.

But you could also argue those were defensive guys - aside from Pederson.   Hmmmm... 

Who knows.

Edited by dll2000

20 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

But you could also argue those were defensive guys - aside from Pederson.   Hmmmm... 

Who knows.

That's been my argument against Reid disciples the whole time. The only offensive one that wasn't outright trash was Pederson

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think people get too far into patterns sometimes.

I don't know if Bieniemy will be a good coach.   I don't know if any of these guys will be.   I don't get to interview them and their bosses and players confidentially which is best way to find out.

But these guys aren't robots.  Like people saying no Mike Leech tree QB will succeed in NFL or no Texas Tech QB will succeed and then we get Mahomes.

I don't think you can say everyone from Reid tree is a bum going forward.    Reid is a good coach, I mean someone has to learn something from him.   

Let me do a quick google search of guys that coached under Reid, I bet there are some good ones ...

Let's see - John Harbaugh, Sean McDermott, Todd Bowles, Ron Rivera and Doug Pederson won a Super Bowl even though bloom came off his rose a bit.

Who knows.

It’s more than that. He doesn’t call plays. He doesn’t coach QBs. And he’s had several off-field incidents.

Just now, abstract_thought said:

It’s more than that. He doesn’t call plays. He doesn’t coach QBs. And he’s had several off-field incidents.

I don't know anything about him other than he is KC OC and he played for Colorado back in day.

I just thought it was interesting that he was hottest candidate when Pederson and Nagy were on fire and then he suddenly dropped off everyone's list.

If it was off field stuff, maybe that would help explain it.  I thought it was because Nagy and Pederson started sucking.  Maybe it's both.

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I thought it was because Nagy and Pederson started sucking.  Maybe it's both.

For us for sure we won’t go Bienemey because of the Nagy experience. Even George isn’t gonna try to sell that. Elsewhere, who knows. I’d bet the stuff 30 years ago isn’t even really on anyone’s radar. Maybe he just doesn’t interview well. He has had looks in the past if I recall correctly. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

For us for sure we won’t go Bienemey because of the Nagy experience. Even George isn’t gonna try to sell that. Elsewhere, who knows. I’d bet the stuff 30 years ago isn’t even really on anyone’s radar. Maybe he just doesn’t interview well. He has had looks in the past if I recall correctly. 

I did a quick google and nothing bad popped up right away.

I think it’s mostly Nagy and Pederson and all credit now going to Reid.  

Mahomes swears by him.  My theory is Nagy and Pederson torpedoed him. 

If Nagy has a great 2019 offensively Bieniemy is a HC right now.  

When fans call into shows and say Chicago is about running the ball and playing good defense it is upsetting.  

That's what Green Bay and Pittsburgh were about too.  In 60s and 70s.  

Loser mentality.

We should be about good defense and an effective offense with an effective running game.  

We should be about crossing the goal line and stopping other team from doing same.   How that gets done is irrelevant.  There are no style points.  Just points and lack thereof for other guy.  

We should be about winning.  

• Like 1

If Raiders do hire McDaniels results will be interesting.

If he ends up doing bad I am going to take some shots here LOL.

Don't think I can weasel out of that one.  Ah well, you can't hit a pitch you don't swing at.