Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

43 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

It was my fallback option since I don't really want to be away from home. Thankful to have one though. Lol

I was out of work a few times for extended periods in mid 2000s.  Both times with a pregnant wife.   It sucked.   I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Like 1

I saw that a KC insider website posted an article that Bieniemy may not return to Chiefs largely due to beef with Mahomes.   It alleged he blames Mahomes poor play in SB for his lack of HC gig   

So, if true, not only has he not gotten a HC gig, he may not have an OC gig.  

Maybe Nagy gets it back.  

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I still can’t believe PFF gave Roquan Smith an overall grade of 46.3 for the 2021 season. How can you watch any Bears game and come away thinking that that guy is a subpar player? 

The problem with PFF is they are so formulaic that they don't trust their eyes...for example Evan Mathis for years was their darling on the OL...you watched him play and he was good...when he had Jason Kelce & Lane Johnson either side of him...anywhere else below average but they will never take that into considering...

Their new one seems to be Tom Compton...a guy who couldn't start in 11 games for us back in 2017...is now one the the highest rated OL in football and I think their highest RT with an 86.5 and has a higher run blocking grade than Trent Williams 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I still can’t believe PFF gave Roquan Smith an overall grade of 46.3 for the 2021 season. How can you watch any Bears game and come away thinking that that guy is a subpar player? 

Now...are you sure you can't believe PFF did something stupid? 😉

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Never had PFF service so I don’t really know their numbers or how off they are to way I see things   

Read about way they grade players in past.  I think there is no perfect way to do it and you should always be adjusting your methods if goal was to get it right, but then that would make comparisons year over year worthless.   

What I do know is they do it very quickly and with limited people.  

All I know is I have graded my own players before.  Knowing my own scheme and all assignments and the players intimately and it was a slow and painstaking process.  

I don’t trust shortcut, speedy methods.  It is not without some value as no one has time to watch everything, but take it for what it is worth.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Ryan Pace got a job with the Falcons...alongside Phil Emery...

Atlanta...where former Bears GMs go to die 😂...

In all seriousness I suspect Pace will get another shot down the line somewhere as a GM.

He's young enough I could see it. Especially if ATL hits at a few spots that he failed at and if his 2021 draft class here rocks out. 

18 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Demar for MVP

Man I was a fan of the signing but had no idea he would ball out like this. Best move for of the offseason for the whole league and it isn't even close. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I still have no idea why Lovie has taken that job.

breaking-bad-money.gif

With how TB went and how he failed at Illinois I couldn't imaging him getting another shot in the pros. I like Lovie but who else would have signed him as anything more than a DC? 

Even then he would probably be the 4th or 5th best option available. 

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He's young enough I could see it. Especially if ATL hits at a few spots that he failed at and if his 2021 draft class here rocks out. 

Man I was a fan of the signing but had no idea he would ball out like this. Best move for of the offseason for the whole league and it isn't even close. 

If pace learns from his mistakes, he'll be a very very good gm. His hits were good hits, just sucked when he missed because he had a solid vision I thought.

Demar is easily the best pick up of this year and if they go deep in the playoffs, EVER. AK and Donovan are godsends too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sugashane said:

With how TB went and how he failed at Illinois I couldn't imaging him getting another shot in the pros. I like Lovie but who else would have signed him as anything more than a DC? 

I don't think he really deserved to lose the Tampa job, though. They never gave him a real shot. And Illinois, well, things are a lot different running a college team, and the Big Ten is brutal. I'm not saying he was probably the Texans first choice, or anything, but it could turn out to be a good hire for them.