Your favorite fast food place?

biggie.

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

Honestly, the only reason I ever liked Pizza Hut was because I had a friend whose roommate was the manager at one, so we could go over at 2am after going out to the bars and legit make our own pies for free.

College ruined me on pizza for this exact reason, except it wasn't Pizza hut. It was this place:

https://ramuntos.com/keene-nh/

My buddies lived above the restaurant and they would give us the leftovers when they closed (which used to be MUCH later but I see they have changed their hours). This also happens to be among the top 3 slices I have ever had in my entire life. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

Honestly, when I've had it, it makes me question how mundane the quality of chicken places must be in other areas if this is getting such hype.  I mean, it's solid, but nothing worthy of the clout people give it - especially for the price.

And yeah, maybe this is LBC getting on his "when I was a kid" soapbox, but even when I was in college, you didn't sniff at the quality of what you were getting from McDonald's or Del Taco because you were paying $.29/hamburger, $.39/cheeseburger, ~$4.50 for a 20-piece McNuggets, $8 for a Fiesta Pack with 6 burritos and 6 tacos.  If I'm paying upwards of $8 for fast food, I damn well better be getting quality ingredient.

And maybe I'm spoiled because I grew up not too far from Little Saigon, and if you want tasty, inexpensive fried chicken, the Vietnamese do it outstanding!

Yeah, I'm with you. I don't really eat fast food save for Chipotle and In-N-Out anyways. Places like Jack, DirtyDel, Tacobell and McDonalds are never even on my radar. I don't even get how those places do the amount of business they do. Stuff's nasty.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

College ruined me on pizza for this exact reason, except it wasn't Pizza hut. It was this place:

https://ramuntos.com/keene-nh/

My buddies lived above the restaurant and they would give us the leftovers when they closed (which used to be MUCH later but I see they have changed their hours). This also happens to be among the top 3 slices I have ever had in my entire life. 

Right, right. Ya'll crazy kids were going wild staying up til 9-10pm. Bet those stories are something else. 

15 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Right, right. Ya'll crazy kids were going wild staying up til 9-10pm. Bet those stories are something else. 

They used to close at 2am to catch all the drunk college kids, I imagine the cash wasn't worth the hassle lol

Keene used to cater to the late night drunk college kid but all the stories I hear coming out of there since I graduated they seem to be neutering the experience. I blame the pumpkinfest that devolved into this:

I've tended to find that in terms of national chain pizza, it generally depends on the area. Where I live, Pizza Hut is the best of the national chains. Anytime I've ever ordered from there, the pizza has been super fresh, and while the quality obviously is never going to be amazing, it's always been acceptable/decent. The Papa Johns here is god awful, and the Dominos is just kinda meh.

However, when visiting family/friends in other towns, have had experiences where the Pizza Hut there is god awful and the Papa Johns is good(again, relative to national chain pizza), same goes for Domino flipping around, etc.

I dunno if it's the difference in whoever runs the individual stores, the employees, or what, but almost awe inspiring how much the taste can differ from the same chain in different locations.

That being said, the pizza chain I generally order from here is Jets. Their detroit style pizza crust is really nice, and their toppings are the best of any of the other options here.

Wish I lived in an area that offered a lot of local pizza options, but alas, here we are.

• Like 1

1. Burger: Harvey's.  A&W if i have to go international.  McDonalds deserves a notation here tho, 'cause if i want Fries...there is no other comparable or option.  That's the place.

2. Chicken: KFC. I mean, it's not inspired, but their chicken tendies are real good, and the popcorn chicken is nice and versatile for dipping in something more exciting.  And their gravy makes their fries tolerable, even if they're perennially soggy as heck.

3. Mexican: There is none such thing as a palatable Mexican fast food chain.  Maybe Quesada, but probably not.

4. Sub: Quizno's i guess.  Subway turns my insides to gloop.  Not much else to choose from, and i do enjoy a Quizno's sub from time to time.

5. Pizza:  This is where it gets real contentious and challenging.  If it's a matter of fast food style value and efficiency...gimme a non-pizza alternative from somewhere.  a.Boston Pizza Bandera Pizza Bread.  I'll intentionally order like 3 of 'em and just have leftovers that make me happy for days.  b.Pizza Hut purely for stuffed crust, and the cheese breadsticks are possibly their best product.  c.Little Caesars leaving with a haul of Crazy Bread, Stuffed Crazy Bread, and maybe some deep dish Cheese Bread.  d.Pizza 73 Wedgies.

I feel like the trick to navigating the Cheap Pizza landscape, is to just not actually order pizza.  Do the other stuff.  It's usually so good.  But i'm cool with a cheap actual pizza too.  It is what it is.  Better than a frozen one, for about the same money.  Hard to argue with even like, Dominoes.

13 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

They used to close at 2am to catch all the drunk college kids, I imagine the cash wasn't worth the hassle lol

Keene used to cater to the late night drunk college kid but all the stories I hear coming out of there since I graduated they seem to be neutering the experience. I blame the pumpkinfest that devolved into this:

Best pizza place that handled the drunk college crowd I've seen was Uncle Vito's in Downtown Sacramento - because even logistically they did it the right way: NY style, sell by the massive slice out of the pizza cabinets up front and reheat in the pizza over to order.  Thursday-Saturday nights the lines were out the door starting at midnight.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I've tended to find that in terms of national chain pizza, it generally depends on the area. Where I live, Pizza Hut is the best of the national chains. Anytime I've ever ordered from there, the pizza has been super fresh, and while the quality obviously is never going to be amazing, it's always been acceptable/decent. The Papa Johns here is god awful, and the Dominos is just kinda meh.

However, when visiting family/friends in other towns, have had experiences where the Pizza Hut there is god awful and the Papa Johns is good(again, relative to national chain pizza), same goes for Domino flipping around, etc.

I dunno if it's the difference in whoever runs the individual stores, the employees, or what, but almost awe inspiring how much the taste can differ from the same chain in different locations.

That being said, the pizza chain I generally order from here is Jets. Their detroit style pizza crust is really nice, and their toppings are the best of any of the other options here.

Wish I lived in an area that offered a lot of local pizza options, but alas, here we are.

Every Pizza Hut around here is run terribly to the point most of my friends refuse to order there anymore. So wherever you are, you're lucky.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Every Pizza Hut around here is run terribly to the point most of my friends refuse to order there anymore. So wherever you are, you're lucky.

Same in my town. The very last time I got Pizza Hut, I ordered the bourbon chicken wings. Let me preface by saying I don't know how they make them, but I guarantee they are not supposed to taste like someone just marinated them in a bottle of bourbon overnight. The smell hit my whole house.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Same in my town. The very last time I got Pizza Hut, I ordered the bourbon chicken wings. Let me preface by saying I don't know how they make them, but I guarantee they are not supposed to taste like someone just marinated them in a bottle of bourbon overnight. The smell hit my whole house.

Yikes. We've never really had quality issues. They are just slow as hell. I can remember five orders from there in the last 5 years, one never arrived, three took two hours plus, and then one time I said F it I'll do carryout instead. I ended up waiting for about an hour after I arrived.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Yikes. We've never really had quality issues. They are just slow as hell. I can remember five orders from there in the last 5 years, one never arrived, three took two hours plus, and then one time I said F it I'll do carryout instead. I ended up waiting for about an hour after I arrived.

This was easily 6-7 years ago, so I have no clue now. I don't even know where there's a pizza hut near me. We have a place called Barros (Not to be confused with Sbarros near me that is really good. All the local PD is always there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

This was easily 6-7 years ago, so I have no clue now. I don't even know where there's a pizza hut near me. We have a place called Barros (Not to be confused with Sbarros near me that is really good. All the local PD is always there.

Yeah we cut them off about three years ago. Which was a bummer because I dug the stuffed crust. Definitely agree that local spots are the way to go now.

18 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Away with you

This is drunk food at best 

2 things my friends laugh at me for:

1) Thinking Dominos and Donatos suck

2) Loving Arbys more than the average person should.

Side note: Have you had Pizza Hut recently? A family member ordered them for the first time a month or two ago and got the stuff crust.. I laughed when it was ordered like 'okay is this 1993' but then I ate it and was incredibly impressed after not having it for probably 5-10 years. Also, their wings were freaking amazing for a budget pizza deliver place.

Edited by AkronsWitness