2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

I just feel like you can express concern without thinking the sky is falling. Our WR/TE situation is dire. We don’t have a RT. We need a backup RB. ILB depth and CB depth are important. Some of that will be addressed in the draft, but we also pick late and don’t have a second.

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Our biggest thing was to sign Landry and Jones. 

We did. That. 

I guess cause it's a re-sign it feels like we didn't do anything b

No our biggest things were those 2 plus improve the WR and TE room. We have made those 2 worse and done nothing else of significance. It's ok to worry and think we've gotten worse. I know it's first day but yeah we have gotten worse. Got to hope there is something else coming. Cutting Julio makes 0 sense without a bigger move

EDIT: Also this team has done nothing but let us down since the end of the regular season. Really mostly let us down since halfway through the season. 1 seed laid an egg in the postseason. Instead of bringing back Julio hoping for him to be healthy we resign NWI (not a bad piece but not a top 3 guy). Let Julio go to save no money or wait to save money but can't use money to sign a piece. If this ends with us signing Allen Robinson or trading for Lockett/Metcalf ok that's acceptable. The fact the only TE we have rostered is Geoff Swaim, and WR not named AJ is NWI and Dez is concerning.

Edited by MdTitansFan56

2 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

No our biggest things were those 2 plus improve the WR and TE room. We have made those 2 worse and done nothing else of significance. It's ok to worry and think we've gotten worse. I know it's first day but yeah we have gotten worse. Got to hope there is something else coming. Cutting Julio makes 0 sense without a bigger move

Well Julio just happened. If they enter the season with AJ and NWI then riot. 

But can we practice a little patience? 

I'm not trying to be a jerk but it's legit the same complaints every year. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But can we practice a little patience? 

I edited original response. I'm not ready to riot but it's worrisome currently. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

But can we practice a little patience

Patience??? Nooooo.

Seriously though, we’re literally hours into the new league year. Can we give it a week or two to judge how this team is looking? If we’re still looking dire with our skill positions in a couple of weeks, then I think the concerns are valid. Right now though, just wait it out and see how things fall.

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Patience??? Nooooo.

Seriously though, we’re literally hours into the new league year. Can we give it a week or two to judge how this team is looking? If we’re still looking dire with our skill positions in a couple of weeks, then I think the concerns are valid. Right now though, just wait it out and see how things fall.

I'm not gonna bump the old thread but it's almost copy and paste the conversation last year's free agency thread. 

"Worried"

"Mediocre team now"

"Got worse"

Maybe that’s what’s driving me nuts. All this patience talk and look at last offseason stuff. I don’t know if we’re focused on seeding, because we weren’t better in 2021 than we were in 2020. Same amount of losses, worse point differential. And we also weren’t better in 2020 or 2021 than we were in 2019 after Tannehill took over. 

That probably is it honestly. Some of you guys are like trust the process. It’ll be fine. And I’m watching the other contenders get better as we’ve stagnated for the last 33 months.