2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

9 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Could it be possible that we don’t value a pass catching TE like we all think we should? Even Jonnu wasn’t used as much in the passing game and Firkser was barely used.. I think we want a TE that can block and catch when thrown to. I don’t think we’re really looking for a game changer at TE. That’s just what it seems like to me so far.

I think it is possible, but also seems crazy to not prioritize a position that you utilize as much as any team in the league.

24 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Could it be possible that we don’t value a pass catching TE like we all think we should? Even Jonnu wasn’t used as much in the passing game and Firkser was barely used.. I think we want a TE that can block and catch when thrown to. I don’t think we’re really looking for a game changer at TE. That’s just what it seems like to me so far.

It might be, but if so, that just raises the need for a number 3 WR since we'd be using them more often without a pass catching TE.

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Or he's just "good" and was given a franchise defining contract approaching QB contract numbers.

When your entire argument is nothing more than an insult at the poster it does little more than make you look ignorant to anyone capable of looking past an insult and an outdated and irrelevant anecdote.

He got the market value he didn’t get an outrageous contract like an elite player simply signs & reset the market for the next guy, your TJ watts, Donalds, Bossa, Mack. He got market value, coming off an ACL injury were 2 things was evident, 1 he wasn’t close to a 100% & 2 our defense was better games before played he simply impacts the game in ways stats don’t show he gives us more scheme versatility. Moving on you right though my guy 

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Or he's just "good" and was given a franchise defining contract approaching QB contract numbers.

When your entire argument is nothing more than an insult at the poster it does little more than make you look ignorant to anyone capable of looking past an insult and an outdated and irrelevant anecdote.

He got the market value he didn’t get an outrageous contract like an elite player simply signs & reset the market for the next guy, your TJ watts, Donalds, Bossa, Mack. He got market value, coming off an ACL injury were 2 things was evident, 1 he wasn’t close to a 100% & 2 our defense was better games before played he simply impacts the game in ways stats don’t show he gives us more scheme versatility. Moving on you right though my guy 

Who all remember when Tannehill got his contract & some were complaining he got paid too much. At the time I believe he got like 25-26 mill, turned out being like the 8 or 10th paid highest QB then the next season was in the teens. As the salary cap rises most guys typically get paid market value unless their elite, & the elite guys aim to reset the market by outdoing their predecessor & become the highest paid at their position. When you’re paid market value every yr as the salary cap rises you contract shrinks & looks like a bargain if the player is producing 

Edited by TitanRedd

18 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m not totally worried about the TEs since there are so many in the draft

However I am more worried about receivers 

There are a ton of talented receivers.  Coincidentally, there's also an absurd number of very very fast receivers in this class.  Seven guys ran under a 4.4, which is insane.  Another six ran under 4.45, and three more ran under 4.5.

And then Drake London, Jameson Williams, John Metchie, and Justyn Ross didn't run, and Burks ran a 4.55, which is fine for his size.  Pretty much the only guy who disappointed in his 40 was David Bell.

We can get a guy who is ready to contribute right away in the third round, if it comes to it.

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There are a ton of talented receivers.  Coincidentally, there's also an absurd number of very very fast receivers in this class.  Seven guys ran under a 4.4, which is insane.  Another six ran under 4.45, and three more ran under 4.5.

And then Drake London, Jameson Williams, John Metchie, and Justyn Ross didn't run, and Burks ran a 4.55, which is fine for his size.  Pretty much the only guy who disappointed in his 40 was David Bell.

We can get a guy who is ready to contribute right away in the third round, if it comes to it.

Just being fast doesn’t matter to me 

John Ross is the fastest guy ever and he sucks 

I also don’t want to see 2 Rookie WRs and 2 rookie TEs in the starting lineups on a weekly basis 

We still need NFL ready guys 

WR position a little harder to find than a TE IMO

17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

our track record finding instant contributors in the draft post-2019 is pretty weak, and even if we strike gold this year, depending heavily on two or three rookies to fix our offense is a recipe for disaster. gotta get some guys in FA or via trade, and frankly they have to be above zach pascal level if we want to actually have an effective offense again.

16 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Just being fast doesn’t matter to me 

I know, but a fast receiver is what we need on our offense, and the vast majority of the guys that ran fast were guys that were already hyped up pre-combine.  Which is why it's a really, really good class.

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

our track record finding instant contributors in the draft post-2019 is pretty weak, and even if we strike gold this year, depending heavily on two or three rookies to fix our offense is a recipe for disaster. gotta get some guys in FA or via trade, and frankly they have to be above zach pascal level if we want to actually have an effective offense again.

Yeah, but the Titans have done a good job at correcting errors in the past.  My point is that it's a really talented class.  JRob's problem tends to be trying to get cute with receivers.  Taking AJ Brown, the obvious pick in 2019: slam dunk.

Taking Taywan Taylor over Chris Godwin, the obvious choice, big flop.  Taking Dez Fitzpatrick over Amon-Ra St. Brown, the obvious pick, big flop so far.

If they've done any kind of analysis on how their picks have panned out, then they'll bring a better approach to a very very talented class.