2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Have I missed the freak out yet?

But seriously the Rams have the best cap people in the business. 

Just your daily reminder that the cap is nonsense. It’s really pumped up temper fans when owners/teams don’t want to pay popular players. I think we’ve all seen that by and large, if a team wants someone, they can make it happen.

• Like 1

Just now, Chocolateman78 said:

Just your daily reminder that the cap is nonsense. It’s really pumped up temper fans when owners/teams don’t want to pay popular players. I think we’ve all seen that by and large, if a team wants someone, they can make it happen.

It just sucks seeing the AFC teams becoming better while as of right now, the Titans are worse. Sure the offseason isn’t over by a long stretch but when you’re biggest FA signing is a guy who honestly is barely even 53 roster material. Oh and giving Geoff freaking Swaim 3 mil….

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Have I missed the freak out yet?

But seriously the Rams have the best cap people in the business. 

The Saints are about to go from $80 million over the cap to taking on a franchise QB contract. I’m just not sure if it’s actually complicated to work around it. But maybe it is. Packers could go from $50 million over to giving Rodgers $50 million per. It’s just almost always maneuverable.

Cap is a myth…. Always has been. It’s not about having some studs in the front office who know how to work the cap. Vin Marino has been around forever. I’m sure he knows how to do his job. Robinson just has to do his job with restructures/cuts and go after players not named Jamarco Jones and Geoff freaking Swaim.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

So with restructuring, aren’t you just pushing the cap hit to later years? Isn’t that why Tannehill has his huge cap number this year making him pretty much untradeable? 

Yes.

You can just continually do it though as there's currently no penalty for it.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Yes.

You can just continually do it though as there's currently no penalty for it.

Coach Mac talked about it and explained it pretty well. 

You eventually do have to address it. 

I think. Lol. 

But he recommended not doing it to players you don't have long term plans for. Or 

You are in a situation where you are stuck like Tannehill. 

19 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Cap is a myth…. Always has been. It’s not about having some studs in the front office who know how to work the cap. Vin Marino has been around forever. I’m sure he knows how to do his job. Robinson just has to do his job with restructures/cuts and go after players not named Jamarco Jones and Geoff freaking Swaim.

This is how the cap works & to your point yes it’s a myth however it works in favor of really wealthy owners. When you restructure a contract you’re converting backend salary & kicking up front like a signing bonus, okay that money goes into an escrow account so basically cutting a check guarantees money is there, from what I’ve been hearing past few yrs the adams family are kinda dysfunctional Money wise like everyone has their hand in the pot, so In a way I kinda believe it because how we go about restructures. My opinion we could’ve easily kept Julio he was guaranteed 15 mill okay give him an extension to lower his cap hit but keep the guaranteed money between 10-15 mill some like a 2yr extension 3 yr 48 mill concert his guaranteed money into a signing bonus up front & lower his cap hit. 

Edited by TitanRedd

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Coach Mac talked about it and explained it pretty well. 

You eventually do have to address it. 

I think. Lol. 

But he recommended not doing it to players you don't have long term plans for. Or 

You are in a situation where you are stuck like Tannehill. 

I think you might be able to do it forever actually. Saints are still going after restructuring at every turn for at least seven or eight years.

Though I also still don’t think we’re “stuck” with Tannehill. We just don’t have the assets to acquire an upgrade. It’s not some albatross deal.