2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

at the very least it seems like things have slowed down a bit at WR, so we could still bring in a juju or MVS type plus a draft pick...but that's still not a confidence-inspiring WR unit. and of course the handling of the TE situation thus far has been mind-bogglingly inexcusable, and we still have huge question marks along the OL. just seems very, very far away from "great around tannehill."

They can say all they want about Tannehill, the hesitancy and lack of ability to gather more talent around Tannehill is real telling to me. I know Jrob is conservative and patient in free agency, but something just seems off.

I am really interested to see what we do in the draft. 

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

They can say all they want about Tannehill, the hesitancy and lack of ability to gather more talent around Tannehill is real telling to me. I know Jrob is conservative and patient in free agency, but something just seems off.

I am really interested to see what we do in the draft. 

i mean, as it stands this supporting cast would be dreadful for literally any QB, by any standard. we're just asking for a garbage offense no matter who's throwing the passes.

Just now, titans0021 said:

WE DID SOMETHING

was discussing hooper the other day with some browns fan friends. some direct quotes:

"He sucked last year so bad, Easily berrys worst contract"
"Hoopers dual-threat were drops and falling on his *** short of the marker on 3rd down"

"Yeah Hooper is like a nice backup TE. He’s not a difference maker at all."

lol. guess the best we can hope for is the last one

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

was discussing hooper the other day with some browns fan friends. some direct quotes:

"He sucked last year so bad, Easily berrys worst contract"
"Hoopers dual-threat were drops and falling on his *** short of the marker on 3rd down"

"Yeah Hooper is like a nice backup TE. He’s not a difference maker at all."

lol. guess the best we can hope for is the last one

Meh. I’ll hold out hope he can refind it. He’s still young. It took literally like two minutes away from Cleveland for OBJ to go from lazy and washed right back to being OBJ lol. 

2 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I'd take Mario Valdez Scantling for a cheaper deal. Juju probably top of my FA list plus Olave in the first (a man can dream)

MVS is just such a one trick pony. Like, the Packers current WR1 is Allen Lazard, they just paid their QB $200 million, and they seemingly have no interest in resigning him. It’s kind of telling.

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i just can't figure out why you pay a guy like hooper 6mil when hayden hurst and oj howard went for cheaper. bizarre. but hey, it means less swaim, and that's always a positive.

Hooper is 27 and has shown a lot more in his career than either of them. Cleveland tenure was a mess, but I think the odds of him being a good starting TE is a lot higher than Hurst or Howard (either of whom I’d also have taken).