Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It’s hard not to feel like the #Bears have a “prearranged marriage” in mind with Morocco Brown & Matt Eberflus both interviewing on Monday. Very curious if they’ll bring in another HC “finalist” or two as well early next weeks. Regardless, the process has official confused me

Leming clearly feels the same as me on this...really weird process.

I have a feeling they've already talked to Morocco at least once whether it was reported or not and that Monday's interview along with Eberflus are both their second.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Brown's name was the first to emerge as a candidate they were interested in as soon as this search began over a week ago

It's definitely a little confusing from a reporting standpoint but it's not hard for me to connect the dots here.

I think we most likely end up with a Brown and Eberflus combo.

Still hoping for Daboll somehow though..🙏

Edited by topwop1

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I have a feeling they've already talked to Morocco at least once whether it was reported or not and that Monday's interview along with Eberflus are both their second.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Brown's name was the first to emerge as a candidate they were interested in as soon as this search began over a week ago

It's definitely a little confusing from a reporting standpoint but it's not hard for me to connect the dots here.

I think we most likely end up with a Brown and Eberflus combo.

Still hoping for Daboll somehow though..🙏

Yeah I agree that everything points to Brown & Eberflus as the combination...

What I don't get is if they have felt this strongly about them why go through all these interviews only to then give the game away by doing this? Bears ownership being Bears ownership I guess🤷‍♂️

I am a big Daboll fan as well and think he would be an excellent appointment but I do also like Eberflus...he will install a toughness and intensity in this team we haven't have in years...Lovie wasn't a hardass...Trestman was a weirdo who looked scared of his own shadow...Fox was past it and going through the motions and Nagy was too busy using 33 words for something that could have been said in 5 and trying to be peoples friends...we need that guy with a clear vision of what he wants from the whole team...he then just needs to nail the OC pick to build around Fields.

• Like 1

I didn’t realise just how long Morocco Brown worked for the Bears…all the way from 2001-2007...Jerry Angelo called the Falcons last year to try and get this guy the job there so there is no doubt he has put in a call this time around...

Would love to know if Brown's interview on Monday is going to be over zoom or face to face...

Another thing to consider...Brown was a finalist in Atlanta last year but we are the only team of the three with GM openings this year to ask him in for an interview but someone like Glenn Cook is getting an interview with all three teams? Doesn’t that say to anyone else that those two other teams clearly know Brown is more than likely the fit here?.

Edited by Madmike90

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL

·

49m

Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus' meeting with the Jaguars with owner Shad Khan and general manager Trent Baalke is happening right now in Indianapolis, and this is regarded as more of a formal interview following a brief, previous Zoom conversation, per league sources

What is this guy saying in these interview's that is making him so appealing? If he can get his vision across like that it is no doubt impressive.

Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL

·

9m

As some have already pointed out, it has become clear that the #Bears are not “announcing” every interview they do with GM candidates. Just keep that in mind with any tracker (including mine) that you see. Can only track what is put out there.

30 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

DaBearsBlog

@dabearsblog

·

10m

Here’s what I will say: Jim Harbaugh has by no means ruled out the Chicago Bears. (And the Bears have not ruled him out.)

I have my doubts on this one.

I'm sick of hearing about it at this point. Either you want to go to the NFL or not.

JJ Stankevitz who works for the Colts but used to cover the Bears on the under the centre podcast says Eberflus always says of his D he needs a really good nose or 3 tech, a really good WILL and a really good nickelback...

If he does come here we better find a quality insider pass rusher and a nickelback while pushing Roquan to the WILL.

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think he does...with the Raiders.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the last time he came to the NFL it was the Dolphins that he was heavily rumored to be headed to, the. The 9ers swung in late and hired him, right?  I seem to remember the 9ers being a surprise, but that was so long ago i could be way off.

Maybe he’s just using these rumors to leverage more money out of Michigan.  Who knows.  Fortunately no team has hired a coach yet, so all the cards are still on the table.