Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

fwiw

If say Eberflus and Leftwich are the two finalists it will be really interesting to see which direction we go in...one is a very intense & experienced coach who has been in a number of different places and called plays with success for a long time who is probably seen as a safe pair of hands…the other is a young upbeat seemingly laid-back coach who has only worked under BA and is a risk but with a really high ceiling…

I still suspect Eberflus but would be really happy with both these guys.

9 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I doubt McDaniels goes anywhere, based on his weird lack of presence in all the off-season discussion...

I wonder if it has something to do with how Kraft convinced him to ditch Indy job and stay.

Be weird to do that and then just let him go a handful of years later.  I think they made a side deal of some kind that isn’t public.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Poles seems to be interviewing extremely well…only concern with him is he is similar to Pace…only worked for one franchise in an extremely successful period…what about when things are bad?

Im worried he might want Bieniemy to be the HC. No more Reid-puppets. 

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Im worried he might want Bieniemy to be the HC. No more Reid-puppets. 

This is another massive issue for me...forget as a coach...Bieniemy is a scumbag who shouldn't even be a coach in the NFL given his history...that would be the last thing I would want...

On Poles himself he speaks very well...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This is another massive issue for me...forget as a coach...Bieniemy is a scumbag who shouldn't even be a coach in the NFL given his history...that would be the last thing I would want...

On Poles himself he speaks very well...

Sigh.... what's the deal with Bienemy?  I'm all for accountability but the last couple years it seems like you can't like a single public figure without then finding out they drown puppies recreationally. 

6 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Sigh.... what's the deal with Bienemy?  I'm all for accountability but the last couple years it seems like you can't like a single public figure without then finding out they drown puppies recreationally. 

Legal issues

As a player at Colorado, Bieniemy was arrested along with a teammate following a February 1988 bar fight.[12] He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and fighting in public, and was sentenced to community service.[12] He also received discipline from head coach Bill McCartney.[12]

In 1989, Bieniemy was ticketed in Westminster, Colorado for driving a defective vehicle, and in Aurora, Colorado for speeding. In October 1990, Bieniemy's license was suspended for a year after another traffic violation. On March 21, 1991, Bieniemy was caught speeding and driving with suspended license on I-70 near Rifle, Colorado, going 92 mph in a 65 mph zone. On April 17, 1991, Bieniemy failed to appear in court on charges relating to the March 21 incident. A bench warrant was issued in Colorado for his arrest on April 23, 1991, two days after he was drafted in the 1991 NFL Draft.[13]

On July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest to interfering with a firefighter who had been performing his duties to extinguish a fire in Bieniemy's mother's garage.[13] Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[14] and was suspended for one game.[15] Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session.[13] An assistant city attorney said Bieniemy failed to attend the firefighting training session as stipulated in the plea agreement, but Bieniemy asserted the session was optional.[13]

On September 27, 1993, Bieniemy was arrested in Boulder, Colorado, for allegedly harassing a female parking attendant. According to the police report, while with his friends, Bieniemy put his hand on the attendant's neck, startling her. She told police he also made a comment about "a bunch of black males all at once being her worst nightmare,"[14] and that Bieniemy and his friends took off their pants and began urinating nearby. Bieniemy was also named in an outstanding warrant on a charge of driving with a suspended license. As a result of this incident, Bieniemy was banned from the University of Colorado Boulder campus for one year.[7][16]

In April 2001, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month's pay.

If he has anything to do with this franchise I don't have.

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Poles seems to be interviewing extremely well…only concern with him is he is similar to Pace…only worked for one franchise in an extremely successful period…what about when things are bad?

I think this is a bit of a caveat though. He's only been with 1 franchise but he's been with the Chiefs for 13 years and prior to 2018 the Chiefs weren't even close to as successful as they are now. He's also worked with quite a few GM's. 

One of my favorite things about him is that he played OL in college and the Chiefs have had awesome success drafting OL recently- Trey Smith, Creed Humphrey, Lucas Niang.

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think this is a bit of a caveat though. He's only been with 1 franchise but he's been with the Chiefs for 13 years and prior to 2018 the Chiefs weren't even close to as successful as they are now. He's also worked with quite a few GM's. 

One of my favorite things about him is that he played OL in college and the Chiefs have had awesome success drafting OL recently- Trey Smith, Creed Humphrey, Lucas Niang.

No doubt Poles would have an affinity with the OL given his history and that would be massive here…I still worry about the one franchise history and who he might want as an HC…if he has some kind of link to a Leftwich then that would be pretty good…apparently, he is friend with Joe Schoen so maybe that opens up something…

Still think he will lose out to Morocco Brown who just seems like an easy and great fit here…another guy who really understands the importance of the OL with Nelson, Kelly and Smith upfront.

Honestly the only one of those things that concerns me is the one with the parking attendant and i feel like there’s more to the story than just that.  These incidents are all like 30+ years ago.  The NFL has a short memory if you’re good at your job, so i doubt these alone would be stop a team from hiring him if they truly thought he was the best option to be their HC.