Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Don't we know it man hahaha...

I actually like Poles...I think he comes across really well, clearly very bright and like you said has all the qualifications...I just think if it really came down to a close battle between him and someone else I would put the fact he has only worked one place as a negative...not something to take him out the running at all but just something that might separate him and someone else in a close contest.

I hear ya. One place but multiple regimes though. For me that alleviates a lot of those concerns. 

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

I suspect that is why the Vikes are on Wednesday for him...I reckon they will want him more...

My best guess...

Monday - Brown & Khan interview...Khan is passed over because he isn't from a scouting background...Brown comes back on Wednesday for his 2nd Interview.

Tuesday - Poles has his 2nd interview with us and still impresses.

Wednesday - Brown back for round 2 with us...Poles interviews with the Vikes.

Thursday - we announce Brown as GM...Vikes announce Poles...we announce another two finalists for the HC role maybe Leftwich & Caldwell

Friday & Saturday - HC interviews take place.

Sunday - New HC announced...probably Eberflus.

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

·

50m

Eberflus' second interview was moved to Wednesday morning, because the first round of HC interviews went long (Dennis Allen's the last known one, set for Tuesday), and this will allow for first round GM interviews to wrap too (Ryan Poles' second interview is Tuesday).

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

NSFW language... I hate this franchise.

Kap sounds like a whiny ***** and a meatball. Most teams do a broad search, especially for GM. 

My only beef with the process is that had we fired Pace once we were eliminated from playoff contention like we should have we would already be done with it. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Kap sounds like a whiny ***** and a meatball. Most teams do a broad search, especially for GM. 

My only beef with the process is that had we fired Pace once we were eliminated from playoff contention like we should have we would already be done with it. 

Kap is the definition of a guy who gets paid to say this franchise is wrong no matter what they do...had we interviewed 3 GM candidates and 4 HC candidates and hired someone after 6 days he would have said we rushed into the search and didn't do enough research...now that we are taking our time and looking at all options he says we don't know what we are doing and just fumbling around in the dark...it's just his job and probably not even his actual opinion.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

·

50m

Eberflus' second interview was moved to Wednesday morning, because the first round of HC interviews went long (Dennis Allen's the last known one, set for Tuesday), and this will allow for first round GM interviews to wrap too (Ryan Poles' second interview is Tuesday).

With this news you could even bring back Brown on Tuesday and interview both him & Poles before then announcing who the new GM is before Eberflus interviews...they had Pace in an interview on the day he was hired so why not?

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Why does Polian have to push for a guy?  Isn’t it his call?

Im hoping by "them" it means Polian too. If he is thinking this guy is super impressive then great. If "them" means our moronic FO only then this just guys with the last 30 years of incompetence. 😒