Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

22 minutes ago, brownie man said:

The more I think about it, its just interested that Poles didn't even give Bieniemy an interview. Coming from KC knowing Bienemy up close I would've thought hed at least get an interview. 

I think that might say alot about Bienemy idk. If anyone would want to take you as a serious candidate you'd think it'd be Poles in this situation. 

Given his history I doubt he ever gets an HC gig.

• Like 1

Anyone else think that Miami & the Jags desperately trying to find offensive HCs shows exactly why we went with a defensive guy who judt so happened to be the best fit?...some of the names linked to those jobs would be way down the list for most franchises. 

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

· 25m

The #Vikings plan to conduct second interviews for their head coaching job next week with multiple candidates, including #Rams OC Kevin O’Connell and #49ers DC DeMeco Ryans, per sources … and it wouldn’t be a surprise if Jim Harbaugh makes a visit, too.

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

@Heinz D. values "sanity" in a coach so Harbaugh is at a disadvantage. Lol

That's part of it. I also think that Zimmer really is a quality coach, and that his firing in Minnesota was the result of a whole slew of things that piled up over the years, many of which were basically beyond his control. It reminds me a lot of the Lovie firing--I didn't agree with it, but I understood why ownership felt it necessary. 

I also think that, mental faculties aside, Harbaugh isn't as great a coach as people suddenly seem to think he is. 

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

The more I think about it, its just interested that Poles didn't even give Bieniemy an interview. Coming from KC knowing Bienemy up close I would've thought hed at least get an interview. 

I think that might say alot about Bienemy idk. If anyone would want to take you as a serious candidate you'd think it'd be Poles in this situation. 

No one has really talked to Bienemy, have they? Maybe he is locked in as HC if Big Red retires?

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Given his history I doubt he ever gets an HC gig.

Or maybe this is why? 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Anyone else think that Miami & the Jags desperately trying to find offensive HCs shows exactly why we went with a defensive guy who judt so happened to be the best fit?...some of the names linked to those jobs would be way down the list for most franchises. 

I don't. I think Poles got his guy and just zoned in quickly. I wouldn't want to go to my plan B or C if my job is tied to him. He likely (hopefully) just got who he wanted.

33 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That's part of it. I also think that Zimmer really is a quality coach, and that his firing in Minnesota was the result of a whole slew of things that piled up over the years, many of which were basically beyond his control. It reminds me a lot of the Lovie firing--I didn't agree with it, but I understood why ownership felt it necessary. 

I also think that, mental faculties aside, Harbaugh isn't as great a coach as people suddenly seem to think he is. 

No one has really talked to Bienemy, have they? Maybe he is locked in as HC if Big Red retires?

Or maybe this is why? 

What is the mysterious history of bienemy i keep hearing about?

41 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don’t think people just suddenly think Harbaugh is a great coach. I think that’s been the opinion of many for a long time. He’s had success at every stop. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think people just suddenly think Harbaugh is a great coach. I think that’s been the opinion of many for a long time. He’s had success at every stop. 

There were serious grumblings about him when Michigan was kind of faltering, just a few years ago. Now he's rocksolid, bulletproof and bonafide. 

But whatever. We'll see if the Vikings hire him...as far as I know he hasn't interviewed with Miami, which I find weird. 

13 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

There were serious grumblings about him when Michigan was kind of faltering, just a few years ago. Now he's rocksolid, bulletproof and bonafide. 

But whatever. We'll see if the Vikings hire him...as far as I know he hasn't interviewed with Miami, which I find weird. 

I mean, Belichick and Reid have both been fired too. College is highly dependent on recruiting, which is why Saban is a coaching god there but was crap in the pros.

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I mean, Belichick and Reid have both been fired too. College is highly dependent on recruiting, which is why Saban is a coaching god there but was crap in the pros.

Sort of getting of the subject here--but Saban failing in the pros has always confused me. It's like, HUH? Truly weird. 

6 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

He’s a good coach whose dominance at Bama is heavily tied to the talent gap between his team and others.

True. I also believe he figured that he'd have instant success cuz he's Nick Saban. So, he gave up too early. Still...just a really bizarre deal. The guy had coached in the pros before and everything. 

12 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

· 25m

The #Vikings plan to conduct second interviews for their head coaching job next week with multiple candidates, including #Rams OC Kevin O’Connell and #49ers DC DeMeco Ryans, per sources … and it wouldn’t be a surprise if Jim Harbaugh makes a visit, too.

I'd be pretty upset if Harbaugh ends up being the coach for the Vikings, especially if his deal is reasonable and is less than the rumored 10 year $100M contract that the Bears reportedly didn't want to entertain.

Not that I'm disappointed with Poles & Flus...but if we could have had Harbaugh he would have still been my preferred choice

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'd be pretty upset if Harbaugh ends up being the coach for the Vikings, especially if his deal is reasonable and is less than the rumored 10 year $100M contract that the Bears reportedly didn't want to entertain.

Not that I'm disappointed with Poles & Flus...but if we could have had Harbaugh he would have still been my preferred choice

I think he is just too brash for this ownership...figured the Raiders would have been perfect for him...don't think the fit with the Vikes is very good...Miami the relationship there is obvious but I think that franchise would drive him mad.

20 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think he is just too brash for this ownership...figured the Raiders would have been perfect for him...don't think the fit with the Vikes is very good...Miami the relationship there is obvious but I think that franchise would drive him mad.

I actually think he could be good in Minnesota. Their owner tends to let things play out. They have a 1st-time GM who comes from the analytics/cap side of things. And Adolfo-Mensah comes from a GM tree that stresses building the type of physical OL Harbaugh likes. 

Edited by abstract_thought