Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

Everybody wants the Buffalo guys.  

The NE guys always fail.   

KC was hot after Reid turned them around.   

Remember 2019  when Doug Pederson had won a superbowl and Nagy the coach of the year after 2018 and all the media was talking about and doing long pieces on what great HC training it was to be one of Reids ACs?

They all said Eric Bieniemy was going to hottest candidate the next year or two for this reason.

Poor Eric.  

John Dorsey got bounced in Cleveland pretty quick too.

Things change fast.

Pace came from NO who was kicking butt at time with Drew Brees.  

I think you can't predict success by the org. a guy came from.   Especially when he wasn't final decision maker.

Like saying all QBs or LBs or whatever from this school succeed or fail.   It has to be a case by case basis on their ability.

And without a track record of their own there is really no way for us to properly judge as fans.   We don't get to be in interviews.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Everything I have read on Eberflus says he is the ultimate culture guy...he would be a great fit there after everything Urban put them through...truthfully he would be a great fit here with Dodds or even Brown if we miss out on the offensive guys.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Everything I have read on Eberflus says he is the ultimate culture guy...he would be a great fit there after everything Urban put them through...truthfully he would be a great fit here with Dodds or even Brown if we miss out on the offensive guys.

He absolutely would be. But he's a perfect fit for Jacksonville. Exactly what they need. 

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I can't describe how bad a move that would be.

I personally think Frazier would be a very underwhelming hire but again it all depends on who he brings along with him as his staff. If he can put together an all star staff, especially at OC, then I'd feel a lot better about it

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

I personally think Frazier would be a very underwhelming hire but again it all depends on who he brings along with him as his staff. If he can put together an all star staff, especially at OC, then I'd feel a lot better about it

This is my concern right here...looking at a team like Carolina they have interviewed guys like Jay Gruden, Ben McAdoo and Tim Kelly to be their OC...that list could not be much more uninspiring…like everything in the NFL things ebb and flow and IMO quality coaches especially on the offensive side of things are in short supply right now.

Even with the right staff Frazier still doesn't give you anything like "toughness & grit" like George apparently wants.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

This is my concern right here...looking at a team like Carolina they have interviewed guys like Jay Gruden, Ben McAdoo and Tim Kelly to be their OC...that list could not be much more uninspiring…like everything in the NFL things ebb and flow and IMO quality coaches especially on the offensive side of things are in short supply right now.

Even with the right staff Frazier still doesn't give you anything like "toughness & grit" like George apparently wants.

Well Matt Rhule is also on his way out the door too. So candidates might not be jumping to get on that sinking ship. 

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

Well Matt Rhule is also on his way out the door too. So candidates might not be jumping to get on that sinking ship. 

True...but who is out there? Ken Dorsey? James Urban? Maybe Dan Pitcher? there is just a lack of quality coaches.

Brad Spielberger, Esq.

@PFF_Brad

·

41m

Don’t think the Bears will be too pressed about Joe Schoen perhaps landing with the Giants as GM. Got a feeling they’re keeping a close eye on this development, though

Quote Tweet

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

· 44m

The #Jaguars will conduct a second interview Thursday with #Colts DC Matt Eberflus, source said. The first known finalist for the head coaching job in Jacksonville.

If true this is very interesting.

I still don't see why you would bring in a defensive HC no matter how good.    

Fangio is best defensive coach outside of Belichick in the country and he just bombed out in Denver.

Defense is easy to change up on a year to year basis.   Offensive continuity year over year is vital. 

We are already starting over in year two of Fields which was predictable and stupid. 

If we are doing it again in year 3 we likely just wasted that pick and this years first rounder as well.  

• Like 2