Joe Thomas gets a pay rise

hornbybrown

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wish it came with an extension but good for joe. Finally a good move by the team. 

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

As if this has been their only good move? o.O

It hasn't been a banner week for the front office, in case you just woke up from a week long nap. I'm still 100% in on the process, but it took a black eye publicly.

Just now, ditchdigger said:

It hasn't been a banner week for the front office, in case you just woke up from a week long nap.

Oh I'm aware... unfortunately. But I'm pretty sure they've made a decent amount of other good moves in the past.

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Oh I'm aware... unfortunately. But I'm pretty sure they've made a decent amount of other good moves in the past.

Agreed, but the recency bias is strong when these guys do something questionable. Sashi understands that, hence the timing of this raise.

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

It hasn't been a banner week for the front office, in case you just woke up from a week long nap. I'm still 100% in on the process, but it took a black eye publicly.

One very public blunder does not make all of the great moves before it suddenly just vanish.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

One very public blunder does not make all of the great moves before it suddenly just vanish.

This FO has been a blend of good and bad. The drafts have been generally good, but their overall team building and comprehension of how to structure the roster is questionable. The free agency periods have been awful in my opinion. The way in which they've spent their money has been goofy. The trade down in this past draft was dumb.

They've done some good, and they've done some bad. But to pretend like we couldn't do significantly better is false. They've had more assets to work with than anyone has had in ages and we still can't buy a win. It'd take some real idiots to screw up our drafts the past two seasons. I don't think they've hit homeruns, but they've done an admirable job of acquiring talent. I'm ok with missing on Wentz and Watson, but to not have the foresight that a Kessler/Osweiler/Kizer combo wasn't going to cut it is embarrassing. Especially when you have them throwing to a bunch of scrubs. We are one of the maybe 2-3 teams that have complete incompetence at the QB position, but at least these other teams have some surrounding pieces.

IDK....our whole organization is a dumpster fire right now. I'm usually more optimistic in my nature towards the Browns, but I'm beginning to become numb to the Browns. I'll still watch every Sunday, but it's no longer fun. It's a chore and a dose of reality as to how far away we really are. Getting smacked by the Jets, Colts, and Bengals three weeks in a row was really the "omg this team is somehow worse" realization for me. We get mollywhopped by bad teams.

Archived