Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

39 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we are gonna pay big money to a receiver, I want Allen Robinson. Robinson to me is worth 10 mil a year easy, though he may get a lot more. He fits great with Carr's playstyle as well.

Agreed, love his game.  I'd be worried about coming off an ACL but if he can bounce back, man oh man would they be a perfect pair.  Especially with Coop and Cook around.

Doubt he'd spurn Jacksonville for us though.  They'll throw the kitchen sink at him to keep him there and are a good team now.  He has been frustrated with Bortles in the past but I don't think thats a big enough deterrent for him to leave.

43 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we are gonna pay big money to a receiver, I want Allen Robinson. Robinson to me is worth 10 mil a year easy, though he may get a lot more. He fits great with Carr's playstyle as well.

I think he gets franchised. Especially if the Jaguars plan on rolling with Bortles again.

9 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think he goes to Denver. Seems like the most logical fit to me. Another intriguing landing spot would be Minnesota.

I agree. That said, Cousins is a good not great QB. If he was a franchise QB, Washington would lock him long term. Denver spending franchise money on him would be a nice for the AFC West.

Denver IMO is going to continue to slide in the AFC West. They will cut Talib this offseason. Sanders looks like he's on the way out: 

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Report-Emmanuel-Sanders-as-good-as-gone-from-Broncos-114101447

Thomas could be as well as he's under performing on his contract.

Defense will be weaker as it stands now. Offense either get a vet or drafts yet another young QB. But there could be a lack of weapons to work with.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I agree. That said, Cousins is a good not great QB. If he was a franchise QB, Washington would lock him long term. Denver spending franchise money on him would be a nice for the AFC West.

Denver IMO is going to continue to slide in the AFC West. They will cut Talib this offseason. Sanders looks like he's on the way out: 

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Report-Emmanuel-Sanders-as-good-as-gone-from-Broncos-114101447

Defense will be weaker as it stands now. Offense either get a vet or drafts yet another young QB. But there could be a lack of weapons to work with.

I'd be floored if Thomas hit the open market. Considering the QB situation, I didn't see a drop off in Thomas' performance. Plus, few receivers have been as consistently good as Thomas over the past half decade.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd be floored if Thomas hit the open market. Considering the QB situation, I didn't see a drop off in Thomas' performance. Plus, few receivers have been as consistently good as Thomas over the past half decade.

I agree. Doubt they let him go. But he does command a 14 mil average and is a declining player. Really comes down to Elway and if he thinks he's a QB away from competing (they're not). If he was smart, he'd cut the top end, use that cap to round out the roster and draft a potential QB for the future.

However, I see them going all in on a vet and keeping the status quo and getting the same result. Vance Joseph isn't a HC and will they are throwing a year away on him in 2018.

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Maybe...I think it's wishful thinking that Talib Sanders and Thomas won't be wearing Orange. I think Elway is overrated as an executive but as a former QB I don't think that he'd get rid of his top two target. I think he thinks that they are close to another Super Bowl. I think hubris will eventually be Elway's downfall, because he probably thinks that he can catch lightning in a bottle again with Cousins. Cousins however is not Manning so the impact won't be the same.

Also on Cousins, I wouldn't look at Washington as a great evaluator of talent considering they haven't won a playoff game in awhile. I mean Washington also let go of some fairly good talent on the offensive side this past season. I will say though their coaching staff is top notch.

4 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Maybe...I think it's wishful thinking that Talib Sanders and Thomas won't be wearing Orange. I think Elway is overrated as an executive but as a former QB I don't think that he'd get rid of his top two target. I think he thinks that they are close to another Super Bowl. I think hubris will eventually be Elway's downfall, because he probably thinks that he can catch lightning in a bottle again with Cousins. Cousins however is not Manning so the impact won't be the same.

Also on Cousins, I wouldn't look at Washington as a great evaluator of talent considering they haven't won a playoff game in awhile. I mean Washington also let go of some fairly good talent on the offensive side this past season. I will say though their coaching staff is top notch.

Agree completely on Elway. Manning built that team up. Elway has been lackluster since he left. And totally agree in that he thinks he can catch lightning in a bottle with Cousins. Talib and Sanders are as good as gone by all reports. Thomas will likely stay.

As for Wash. I think Gruden knows QBs and hasn't gotten the most out of him. Their ex GM said Cousins isn't special. You could make the argument he's held them back. But honestly.... what else is Wash going to do at QB if they let him walk? McCoy?

If the Rams cut Robert Quinn for cap space (rumored possible, him and or Barron to extend Aaron Donald), how do you guys feel about offering him a start across from Mack? Probably take in the range of $10mil APY, perhaps a bit more (I think he makes about $13 now) and that is approx. what we pay each of our potential cut corners. Devesting in the CB position and then resigning Mack along with adding Quinn could be an option. Would need Conley to set up big and then hit up another CB in the first three rounds to make it work though I think.

Archived