Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

5 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

How anyone can defend the Palmer trade is beyond me tbh

don't get it twisted, not defending it. trade was awful as it gets. mearly saying I thought this was worse. traded pick and solid payer plus eating up ton of cap on an average qb. A qb that is on back end of career is worse to me imo. doesn't mean Palmer trade was solid. But Redskins did this before off-season even started. raiders made desperate move in season. makes more sense to me to grab qb and over pay at that moment.

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Lots of solid vet RB's out there. Hyde or Hill would be very solid pickups for us to pair with a rookie RB. 

I'd much rather draft one than spend $5-6 million on Hyde. Hill would be a major step back from both Lynch and Murray.

4 hours ago, roi34 said:

don't get it twisted, not defending it. trade was awful as it gets. mearly saying I thought this was worse. traded pick and solid payer plus eating up ton of cap on an average qb. A qb that is on back end of career is worse to me imo. doesn't mean Palmer trade was solid. But Redskins did this before off-season even started. raiders made desperate move in season. makes more sense to me to grab qb and over pay at that moment.

If there's a gun to your head..sure but if you look at the fallout that occurred...honestly I can't think of too many worse trades. At least when the Redskins made that mega trade for RG3 they went to the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Chali21 said:

If there's a gun to your head..sure but if you look at the fallout that occurred...honestly I can't think of too many worse trades. At least when the Redskins made that mega trade for RG3 they went to the playoffs.

Sure but we have the luxury of hindsight. what if we made playoffs?

11 hours ago, roi34 said:

Makes sense to bring in a QB during the season more so than the offseason?  Not defending the trade, but this is an ideal time for all parties involved.  Smith gets the full offseason to practice and prepare with his new team.  Our trade was way worse, imo.  Smith has already agreed to terms whereas Palmer was in “retirement “ and had all the leverage in negotiations.

We spent all that to have him for 1.5 years.  

40 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Makes sense to bring in a QB during the season more so than the offseason?  Not defending the trade, but this is an ideal time for all parties involved.  Smith gets the full offseason to practice and prepare with his new team.  Our trade was way worse, imo.  Smith has already agreed to terms whereas Palmer was in “retirement “ and had all the leverage in negotiations.

We spent all that to have him for 1.5 years.  

I'm saying we gave up a lot because we were in season and trying to make a power move but hue was desperate. which is why they fleeced us. an off-season moves makes more sense and you're in no rush which is why to me barring him being a stud for the skins its worse when u combine the money aspect. 

Skins weren't in a rush to complete deal for Alex Smith in January were they? with all other options still on table? That's my point. Palmer trade was awful as well but different situation.

5 hours ago, roi34 said:

Sure but we have the luxury of hindsight. what if we made playoffs?

Okay but  if they didn’t make the super bowl they would have ended up in the same spot. The Raiders would have no means of getting more talent. 

On 2018. 02. 01. at 4:52 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Lots of solid vet RB's out there. Hyde or Hill would be very solid pickups for us to pair with a rookie RB. 

I'm not sure about lots of solid vets...with that said I also see a few options for us.

Carlos Hyde will be expensive IMO, we might just keep Lynch and draft one.

Isaiah Crowell could be another option to replace Lynch and we could save some there IMO.

Alfred Morris could be a solid stop gap option with a zone running scheme...

Jeremy Hill is an interesting option for a prove it deal...

As you said we need Lynch or a FA to pair up with a rookie IMO...Richard and Washington should battle out the 3rd down RB spot...

Hyde is only guy who can catch and run well enough to want but always hurt outside of his contract year of course. 

Morris is decent but I'm sure we can grab a RB in 5th that's better honestly of need be. 

Crowell pass

I get that a guy like Morris is not a sexy pick up, but I think if we let Lynch go/retire we can't simply run into the draft with Richard, Washington and Hood. We should sign a veteran guy for cheap and then go after a good prospect in the early/middle rounds then we have everything. Bodies, veteran knowledge, potential and nice competition.

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Orleans Darkwa is still young and should come relatively cheap. He's not going to turn into an all-pro but he can be a serviceable projected starter as we head into the draft.

I doubt the Giants will let their only useful RB leave

Archived