Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

4 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Question to all -

If we could sign 2 out of 4 of Curry, Junior Galette, McPhee and/or Clayborn for around 10-12mil combined, would you do that and cut Irvin 

or

Just sign one of them and keep Irvin.

Sign Curry and keep Irvin. 

7 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Question to all -

If we could sign 2 out of 4 of Curry, Junior Galette, McPhee and/or Clayborn for around 10-12mil combined, would you do that and cut Irvin 

or

Can I have Suh? 

8 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Question to all -

or

Sign Curry, keep Irvin. 

Gallete is talented but a screwup waiting to happen. I imagine he'd be a lockerroom headache.

I've never been a Clayborn fan.

I'd just take Curry over McPhee. Nothing wrong with either imo. But I have hope for Irvin still, so I'm hesitant to cut him to sign 2 of the 4.

12 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Sign Curry and keep Irvin. 

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Sign Curry, keep Irvin. 

Gallete is talented but a screwup waiting to happen. I imagine he'd be a lockerroom headache.

I've never been a Clayborn fan.

I'd just take Curry over McPhee. Nothing wrong with either imo. But I have hope for Irvin still, so I'm hesitant to cut him to sign 2 of the 4.

That's what I came up with as well. It makes the most sense production and depth wise.

Hopefully Mario and Haddy can progress, stay healthy and contribute at DE.

6 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I guess we should just re-structure all the olinemen so we can sign Honeybadger and Suh. /s

If it means adding actual talent, yes. Shareece Wright is garbage. He's 30, so there is no upside. Remember Crabtree taking him to the woodshed for 3 TDs in '16? Baltimore fans hated this guy. He was their DJ Hayden for 2 seasons. 

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If it means adding actual talent, yes. Shareece Wright is garbage. He's 30, so there is no upside. Remember Crabtree taking him to the woodshed for 3 TDs in '16? Baltimore fans hated this guy. He was their DJ Hayden for 2 seasons. 

Actual talent and huge red flags. Plus the added bonus of messing up the cap work we've done for the next few years.

Wright isn't garbage. Stop overstating for effect. Yes, I remember the Bal game. One wasn't on Wright, one was a double move and one was tight coverage and a good catch.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is a solution or a reason to not sign someone else but calling him garbage is a bit much.

Just take it as it is. He is depth.

6 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Actual talent and huge red flags. Plus the added bonus of messing up the cap work we've done for the next few years.

Wright isn't garbage. Stop overstating for effect. Yes, I remember the Bal game. One wasn't on Wright, one was a double move and one was tight coverage and a good catch.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is a solution or a reason to not sign someone else but calling him garbage is a bit much.

Just take it as it is. He is depth.

Wright... I don't want him on the field for my team period. I stand by what I said. If you want to call that depth okay. Depth IMO should be able to play. He's has no business being on the field. 

Look... I'm just tired of getting average results with this team. Basically the hope now is that Carr can play at 2016 levels and compensate for a terribly talented defense. 

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Wright... I don't want him on the field for my team period. I stand by what I said. If you want to call that depth okay. Depth IMO should be able to play. He's has no business being on the field. 

Look... I'm just tired of getting average results with this team. Basically the hope now is that Carr can play at 2016 levels and compensate for a terribly talented defense. 

Saying that Wright is garbage and doesn't belong on the field means that the half the players in the league are trash and we should only have 16 teams made up of the best of the best.

Just emotion talking. I get it as I have said.

Carr gets paid 125mil to play great ball and lead us to victory on theoffensive side as Mack will soon be on the defensive.

Archived