Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

3 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Ryans pulling out is a shame, but can’t fault him for wanting another go with the 9ers. 

As a niner fan, I know I'm just biding my time, but the thought of losing him already was pretty rough. Especially since I think we are going to lose Mike McDaniel to the dolphins. 

15 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Rooney rule requires two minority head coaching interviews. 

Does it specify that they have to be in person interviews? If it’s just a single interview, the Vikings have done more than necessary for the Rooney Rule. 

Just now, RpMc said:

Does it specify that they have to be in person interviews? If it’s just a single interview, the Vikings have done more than necessary for the Rooney Rule. 

I’ve seen a few people report that they need to be in person interviews. But I can’t say for certain. 

Harbaugh is pretty much confirmed then. Someone with his pedigree and status doesn't "interview" for a job. It will be a formality and to sign the papers.

Harbaugh also wouldn't publicly announce his intention of leaving Michigan by agreeing to an in-person meeting unless it was a done deal, because it would cause a big hit in recruiting. 

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

Harbaugh also wouldn't publicly announce his intention of leaving Michigan by agreeing to an in-person meeting unless it was a done deal

While I don’t disagree. Any interview is required to be reported per his contract with Michigan. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m ready for the Vikings to join the 21st century line of thinking. If Harbaugh is the choice, I guess I’ll have to wait a bit longer.

Power run football! Let’s bring back AP!!

Is Harbaugh actually committed to power running, or just utilizing the talent available to him? He was never going to run an air raid offense in the Big 10 (or with Kaepernick in SF).

• Like 1