Report: Adrian Wilson in, Trent Baalke out as Jaguars G.M.

Manny/Patrick

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

It’s laughable how clueless he is. I miss Wayne Weaver so much.

How the heck did Khan get so rich? He absolutely sucks and it’s hard to imagine him doing well at anything in business. I’d feel more comfortable with random Joe Jags fan than this bum. The bar is set impossibly low. That is my greatest fear. The Jags get a great coach, a great GM, and great QB but in spite of that suck because of their owners incompetence. I didn’t know that was even possible…but here we are

20 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

How the heck did Khan get so rich?

Hmmm... Of all the owners, he's legitimately the ONE guy who earned every dollar of his billions. He started off an a dirt poor immigrant from Pakistan, was washing dishes and living at the YMCA when he got to the US, legit poverty/homeless type stuff.

He paid his own way through college, got his degree in Industrial Engineering and ended up buying the Auto Manufacturing company he worked for after he graduated. He started getting contracts to make bumpers for the big three (Ford, Chrysler and GM) and then expanded to Japanese and German makes.

Shad Khan is a bad football owner, sure. Shad Khan the person/businessman sweated and bled his way to the top. That's more than I can say about Irsay, McNair and Adams-Strunk, silver spoon babies...

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

How the heck did Khan get so rich? He absolutely sucks and it’s hard to imagine him doing well at anything in business. I’d feel more comfortable with random Joe Jags fan than this bum. The bar is set impossibly low. That is my greatest fear. The Jags get a great coach, a great GM, and great QB but in spite of that suck because of their owners incompetence. I didn’t know that was even possible…but here we are

He got a engineering director job at a car manufacturer after he got his Masters. Left to start his own business and eventually bought his old employer. Grew the company to the point they manufactured for the Big Three.

Khan may be a dumbass when it comes to football, but he definitely knows business.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Why would the Jags go with two guys that have so little experience? 

Perhaps because the experienced guys sucked?

A person cannot simply gain experience by not doing at some point someone has got to give them an opportunity

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Perhaps because the experienced guys sucked?

A person cannot simply gain experience by not doing at some point someone has got to give them an opportunity

No is is 100% ready for the next career step. It comes down to the support given by those giving them the opportunity. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

No is is 100% ready for the next career step. It comes down to the support given by those giving them the opportunity. 

I agree completely in fact this is the 1st time I feel really strongly that they actually got it right. I like both of these hires and as long as they give these guys the resources that, they need allow them to build the rest of the staff the way they need to and so on  I see no reason both of these guys cannot be extremely successful that, being Wilson and Leftwich

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Hmmm... Of all the owners, he's legitimately the ONE guy who earned every dollar of his billions. He started off an a dirt poor immigrant from Pakistan, was washing dishes and living at the YMCA when he got to the US, legit poverty/homeless type stuff.

He paid his own way through college, got his degree in Industrial Engineering and ended up buying the Auto Manufacturing company he worked for after he graduated. He started getting contracts to make bumpers for the big three (Ford, Chrysler and GM) and then expanded to Japanese and German makes.

Shad Khan is a bad football owner, sure. Shad Khan the person/businessman sweated and bled his way to the top. That's more than I can say about Irsay, McNair and Adams-Strunk, silver spoon babies...

Hey hey hey, leave our Queen out of this.

58 minutes ago, StatKing said:

By what standard do either Wilson (Director of Player Personnel for the Cardinals) and Leftwich (OC for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers) have little experience?

This isn't Lane Kiffen getting a HC gig with the Raiders, this isn't John Lynch getting the 49ers GM job straight from his gig at Fox - both of these guys climbed the ladder and have a resume that says this is the next logical step for them.

If not now... then when for these two guys?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Better to choose possible success than known failure.

Granted, a tree stump would be a vast improvement over Toxic Trent, but I'd expect Jaguar fans to be intrigued, if not excited, here.  Two years from now they could contend in the AFC-South.