Report: Adrian Wilson in, Trent Baalke out as Jaguars G.M.

Manny/Patrick

13 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Seriously though, the Titans lucked out that she isn’t like the other silver spoon fed owners or her dad.

She seems like she has a level head and understands her role in the organization - sign the checks, provide tools to succeed and act as an arbitrator in the event of disconnect between various silos in the organization. Owners who empower their people to do their jobs with autonomy, provide the tools so they can do their jobs effectively and give input only to eliminate empasses are ideal owners - not just in football, but pretty much everywhere.

Too much engagement in the organization and you have Dan Snyder. Too little engagement in the organization and you have Martha Ford. Key thing is to find a balance and moderate said balance regularly.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Why would the Jags go with two guys that have so little experience? 

Guess what comes before experience, opportunity. You’ll never know how great someone is/can be without giving them a chance. Every successful person started out inexperienced, some grew to be great and others didn’t but each time a chance was provided.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/27/report-adrian-wilson-in-trent-baalke-out-as-jaguars-g-m/

looks like Byron had the cojones that Harbaugh and Meyer didn’t, congrats on your new HC Jacksonville

Is this final? It just feels like the news has been fluid because of various entities in the Jacksonville organization.

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

I’d say AW is more athletic plus he’s younger. John can’t argue with that

Kind of like the old Ted Williams joke that he'd only hit about .260 against todays pitchers, but only because he'd be 100 years old and doesn't have a head.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If Trent Baalke brought Leftwich in to interview and Leftwich then in turn demanded he be fired that is some cold poop right there.

Isn't Baalke known to be abrasive? Like I know that you don't have to be likable, but if people actively don't want to work for you, its bad for business.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Isn't Baalke known to be abrasive? Like I know that you don't have to be likable, but if people actively don't want to work for you, its bad for business.

I don't know much about him and it seems Jacksonville is cleaning house anyway. 

I just thought it would be a weird scenario if Baalke recommended Leftwich and Leftwich then demanded he be fired.  I have no idea if that is what happened.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I don't know much about him and it seems Jacksonville is cleaning house anyway. 

I just thought it would be a weird scenario if Baalke recommended Leftwich and Leftwich then demanded he be fired.  I have no idea if that is what happened.

Would definitely be interesting to see/hear some details on if that was the case, but I imagine that just because someone interviews them, doesn't mean they were recommended.

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Baalke by all accounts is a horrible GM not just because he sucks at the main function of the job (draft and FA signing), but also because he is a toxic schmuck.

Edited by biggie.

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Guess what comes before experience, opportunity. You’ll never know how great someone is/can be without giving them a chance. Every successful person started out inexperienced, some grew to be great and others didn’t but each time a chance was provided.

This is such a good post

• Like 2