Bills OC Brian Daboll to be hired as next head coach

Acgott

This is great news, I would have been disappointed if Daboll went to Miami. We need an offensive minded coach to fix our train wreck of an offensive. I am confident Joe Schoen can bring in the right players and I am confident that Daboll can come up with a scheme to make best use of those players on offense.  Now we just need to see who our defensive coordinator is.  I want to keep Patrick Graham if he does not stay I am confident the Giants will get the right defensive coach. They been doing things right so far this time around.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

according to dan orlovsky, daboll loves danie jones.  do you think its likely that we pick up his 5th year option at this point? and if so, do we go OL x2 at 5 and 7?

No, the 5th year option is at least $20M guaranteed contract. If Jones balls out, we will franchise him and extend. It cost a little more, but it’s the safer option, based on his play and injury.

There is a good chance we will go OL at both firsts no matter what. The draft is before the option deadline.

6 minutes ago, Acgott said:

No, the 5th year option is at least $20M guaranteed contract. If Jones balls out, we will franchise him and extend. It cost a little more, but it’s the safer option, based on his play and injury.

There is a good chance we will go OL at both firsts no matter what. The draft is before the option deadline.

makes sense...obviously plenty of time left, hoping we trade down with one of our firsts, unless multiple qb's get pushed up the board.  just looking at the order of the top 10, i think carolina is in a position where they almost have to trade up, barring a significant trade for a veteran QB.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

makes sense...obviously plenty of time left, hoping we trade down with one of our firsts, unless multiple qb's get pushed up the board.  just looking at the order of the top 10, i think carolina is in a position where they almost have to trade up, barring a significant trade for a veteran QB.  

The Panthers are in the terrible position of having a lame duck coach, that would need to win now. I see it very hard for them to trade up for a QB in that predicament, but hey, the Bears did it last year.