NEW ERA MOCK

squire12

7 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

I'm on the same page. OL needs to be the biggest strength with a young WR. Rodgers makes our Oline look better than they are. Switch on of those early WR picks with oline and Im a happy camper :)

I think the IOL of Runyan - Meyers - Newman is a foundation you let grow together.  Jenkins injury means those 3 likely start inside.

Bahktiari at LT and the open competition at RT between Nijman/ Rasheed Walker / Volcan until Jenkins returns.

I am relying on Stenovich to develop the recent draft picks

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think it was a major surprise that Matthews was so good so quickly.  He was a one year wonder in college.  

It was a surprise, but that it kind of the point.  The idea that you're likely to trade up and find a player who makes that kind of impact as a rookie is a misguided goal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

No project prospects.

I like everything about it except for you saying the dude's a high upside, Rashan Gary type.

I want someone who comes in and you see the HOF career start in the rookie year.

The way Clay did. You watched Clay in his first year. Ten sacks 3 fumble recoveries, and then the play where he ripped the ball out of Peterson's hands and ran it back for a TD.

He followed up his rookie year with 13.5 sacks, a pick six of 62 yards, 2 forced fumbles in the regular season, then he had 3.5 sacks in the postseason and capped it with one of the most iconic, memorable plays in Packer postseason history. If injuries didn't derail his career, Clay was a clear and obvious Hall of Fame player.

That's what we need. An immediate impact player.

FWIW, CMIII was about 9 months younger when he took his first NFL snap than Rashan Gary is right now.

Expectations out of the block just shouldn't be the same for players that started that far apart age wise as rookies.

I do agree that if you are looking for an immediate impact a redshirt senior type should probably get the nod over a younger project.

Immediate impact vs. potential upside is aways an interest part of drafting. I don't think that either one is right or wrong overall.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, squire12 said:

Fair thought. 

I think Patrick is an easier trade cap hit wise for Denver that Jeudy.

Wouldn't Sutton be the guy in this scenario? I think they just signed Patrick so the dead hit is probably significant. And they way Sutton's contract is broken down they probably cut him in 2023 anyway. Nevermind either really works.

Edited by oldmansmell

I like a lot about this, and you have a lot of my favorite guys in this draft. One small note, you have Coby Bryant but you have his teammates measurements. Bryant is only 6'0 and about 200 pounds. He's actually built pretty well. His teammate, however; is a likely top 15 pick, Ahmed Gardner is 6'2 190. 

Like the draft, but one other thing is that I just can't believe Devonte would play ball and sign his tag to get traded to Jax. I think you could see it if it's part of the Denver deal, but I'm not sure how many other teams have the space/desire to do this trade who Devonte would also agree to.

1 hour ago, oldmansmell said:

Wouldn't Sutton be the guy in this scenario? I think they just signed Patrick so the dead hit is probably significant. And they way Sutton's contract is broken down they probably cut him in 2023 anyway. Nevermind either really works.

Look at how both Patrick and Sutton's contracts are structured.  Both have bigger roster bonus due on March 20th.  League year starts March 16th.    It's like those contracts were structured to offer maximum flexibility and possible trade pieces.  Minimal dead cap for Denver if they are traded before March 20th

year Base Roster bonus dead cap
Jeudy 2022 1.991 - 4.3
  2023 2.681 -  
5th year option

Fant 2022 2.2 - 1.79
5th year option

Albert O 2022 0.89 - 0.37
  2023 1.01 -  

Patrick 2022 1.535 6.965 2.25
  2023 8 0.5  
  2024 9.5 0.5  

Sutton 2022 1.5 10.5 4.8
  2023 14 0.5  
  2024 13 0.5  
  2025 13.5 0.5  
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Too much investment in WR and not enough in OL for me. Time to switch to the Niners model, run the hell out of the ball and open up the defense for your QB to make some plays.

Fair thought.  I think an OL of....

Bahktiari- Runyan - Meyers - Newman - ( Nijman/ Jenkins / draft pick) 

....is a pretty solid OL

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

Like the draft, but one other thing is that I just can't believe Devonte would play ball and sign his tag to get traded to Jax. I think you could see it if it's part of the Denver deal, but I'm not sure how many other teams have the space/desire to do this trade who Devonte would also agree to.

Fair.  Jacksonville a big chunk of cap space and getting a top tier WR for Lawrence could be in play for them.  I don't know what/ where Davante wants to go.  It's reported he wants a big contract and LV has some, but Carr is going into his last year on his contract.   

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Fair thought.  I think an OL of....

Bahktiari- Runyan - Meyers - Newman - ( Nijman/ Jenkins / draft pick) 

....is a pretty solid OL

Id like to draft a RT and swing Jenkins back inside. Runyan isnt anything special and Newman and Meyers arent locks for me. 

Great job Squire,  

You put some time into this. Good for you.

Couple things:

Rodgers won't be traded

Can't see Adams agreeing to go to Jax.  The Packers can tag and trade him, but Jax isn't giving up much without a long term deal.  Can't see Adams being happy in the Trevor Lawrence experiment.

Injury and all, I can't see London lasting to pick 28.  Somebody will take him sooner.

I always appreciate a good mock draft.

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I like a lot about this, and you have a lot of my favorite guys in this draft. One small note, you have Coby Bryant but you have his teammates measurements. Bryant is only 6'0 and about 200 pounds. He's actually built pretty well. His teammate, however; is a likely top 15 pick, Ahmed Gardner is 6'2 190. 

Just went with the listed ht and wt.