2023 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking 259 picks:

Ozzy

Week 11:

*Tuli Tuipuloutu JR DE/OLB USC:  What an amazing talent, destroyed the tackles in that game.  Has amazing movement skills for a 290 pound guy.  Great quickness off the line, good burst, good power and hand usage.  His stock is skyrocketing and he could easily be a top 5-10 pick in the draft.  Really coming on and is playing better than any edge player in the nation, put together a few more big games against good competition and he is a lock top 10 pick.  Rare talent, cannot really recall any 290 dudes that can do what he does on the edge.

*Christian Gonzalez RS SOPH CB Oregon:  I need to watch him more but dude is a potential super star corner.  Great technique and skills for the position.  Strong as a tackler as well, very smooth and fluid.  Could be a 1st rounder if he declares, is easily one of the best CBs in the nation potentially with his movement skills.

*Harold Perkins Jr FR/OLB LSU:  Dominated that game just like the one previous.  Odd to say but he is basically making LSU into a top of the line football team.  He is not an absolute force on the edge and totally changed the game.  Amazing talent and the best pass rusher in the nation currently.

*Michael Penix Jr RS JR QB Washington:  Made some crazy throws in this game that showed off awesome arm strength.  Is playing better than any QB in the nation arguably, is right there with Hooker in terms of the best play by any QB this year.  Penix has arguably less talent around him though which is even more impressive.  Does have a big injury history but he has been lights out and that was a huge win for Washington on the road against Oregon.

*Quinshon Judkins FR RB Ole Miss:  Love his quickness and change of direction ability, very hard to bring down as well.  Really promising talent in that Ole Miss run game, is playing behind a very talented OL though and those three interior guys will all be gone to the NFL, or at least two will be so we will see if he can keep up this production as the years go on.

*Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson SR CB TCU:  Has been around for awhile, hard to argue with his pedigree, but the dude can play and is crazy tough for his size.  Great change of direction ability, competes hard and made some huge plays in this game.  Easily one of the better corners in the nation and should be a great draft pick next season.  Could play anyway at corner, slot or boundary and is a rare talent considering that.

*Ryan Watts JR CB/S Texas:  Mentioned him before, I think he could easily come out and be one of the better DB prospects in the draft.  Love how he tackles and how big he is for the position.  Strong corner will good coverage skills and his versatility to play CB or S is what makes him potentially special.  

*Byron Young SR DE/DT Alabama:  Played his best game of the year, arguably the best of his career.  Was all over the field, extremely active and really stood up and produced in this one.  Was able to get Dart down multiple times especially when he was trying to do a QB run.  He has disappointed a bit in his career but will see if he can keep this play level up and end his career on a high note.  Ideal 3/4 DE with pass rush skills.  

*Kendre Miller JR RB TCU:  Amazing movement skills for a running back.  Very agile and quick, low center of gravity and hard to bring down.  Really has come on strong this season and is a huge reason for the success TCU has had.  

*Josh Williams RS JR RB LSU:  Is a big reason for the success LSU has had of late.  Very physical runner that can get hard yards.  Also can make defenders miss in a small space.  Solid back, could be a good developmental RB in the NFL and be one of those late round steals that is very productive.  

Others who impressed:

Bo Nix SR QB Oregon 

Brenden Rice JR WR USC

Caleb Williams SOPH QB USC

Miles Battle RS SR CB/S Ole Miss

Tyler Nubin SR S Minnesota

T'Vondre Sweat SR DT Texas

Johnny Hodges JR ILB TCU

Mar'Keise Irving SOPH RB Oregon

Jared Wiley SR TE TCU

On 1/29/2022 at 12:50 PM, Ozzy said:

(edited 11/14/22)

44. Miami Dolphins: Garrett Nelson Nebraska RS JR DE/OLB - 

We just traded for Chubb and have Jaelen Phillips. That position is most likely off the board for us in the early rounds, especially with some glaring holes on the roster right now. 

Our big needs are:

LG/RT

Starting TE who can block

CB (maybe a starter)

Nose Tackle

ILB

Going off your board, Darnell Washington, or Smith/Benton in R2

Edited by Tetsujin

11 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

We just traded for Chubb and have Jaelen Phillips. That position is most likely off the board for us in the early rounds, especially with some glaring holes on the roster right now. 

Our big needs are:

LG/RT

Starting TE who can block

CB (maybe a starter)

Nose Tackle

ILB

Going off your board, Darnell Washington, or Smith/Benton in R2

Sure, I have not went into the Miami selections since that trade, should have.  I will have to make that change for sure in the future.  TE I agree is a need potentially and OL is probably #1 because that is not totally solid yet.

11 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I know it's early, but it's really hard to see all those TE's go before Latu.

Darnell Washington Georgia JR
Zach Kuntz Old Dominion RS JR
Brenton Strange Penn State RS JR
Brant Kuithe Utah RS
Dalton Kincaid Utah RS
Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota RS
Payne Durham Purdue RS
Travis Vokolek Nebraska RS
Sam LaPorta Iowa

I would not take Latu over any of these guys, the top 6 no way, maybe over Payne Durham but I do love his pass catching ability.  and Travis Vokolek has really come on this year and the dude is huge.  LaPorta is super talented as well and a heck of a pass catcher.  Latu is doing well but that Bama offense has been so disappointing, if he was so great they would be a lot better, granted it is not his fault and he is more consistent that those crap WRs on Bama.  And Irv Smith Jr looked very good on Bama and he has kind of sucked in the NFL and gets hurt a ton, Latu I wish he was a big bigger and more physical to be honest.  He could be really good though in the pros sure, especially in the right situation.  Zuntz maybe I am too high on, but that dude was a beast on Penn State, is huge and was great last year, not sure if he is hurt this year or what but I think he is.  And those two Utah TEs, hard to argue with that production and how tough they are despite being not huge TEs.  Love Kuithe and his ability to block and run after the catch, too bad he got hurt.  

10 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Denver is going to roll with Bonitto, Browning and Gregory most likely. The former Colorado kid Christian Gonzalez across from Surtain would give them a potentially dominant duo with length on the outside. That’s where I would go. 

True, maybe they go Peter Skoronski, that other OT spot is a massive issue I think, could go Dawand Jones also.  I really like Bonitto and Browning but have either one really been that productive?  Both have talent, and Gregory is good but is hurt a lot it seems.  On paper that still seems like a big need for them but again so is RT.  

CB possibly, Darby is still there and they have K. Williams who is decent.  They have Mathis, Ojemudia and Bassey so seems like CB might be less of a need but who knows, Darby does get hurt a lot, also have Darius Phillips but that is just a one year deal.  Gonzalez I love, that dude is a potential star and is so smooth in coverage!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sure, I have not went into the Miami selections since that trade, should have.  I will have to make that change for sure in the future.  TE I agree is a need potentially and OL is probably #1 because that is not totally solid yet.

Darnell Washington Georgia JR
Zach Kuntz Old Dominion RS JR
Brenton Strange Penn State RS JR
Brant Kuithe Utah RS
Dalton Kincaid Utah RS
Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota RS
Payne Durham Purdue RS
Travis Vokolek Nebraska RS
Sam LaPorta Iowa

I would not take Latu over any of these guys, the top 6 no way, maybe over Payne Durham but I do love his pass catching ability.  and Travis Vokolek has really come on this year and the dude is huge.  LaPorta is super talented as well and a heck of a pass catcher.  Latu is doing well but that Bama offense has been so disappointing, if he was so great they would be a lot better, granted it is not his fault and he is more consistent that those crap WRs on Bama.  And Irv Smith Jr looked very good on Bama and he has kind of sucked in the NFL and gets hurt a ton, Latu I wish he was a big bigger and more physical to be honest.  He could be really good though in the pros sure, especially in the right situation.  Zuntz maybe I am too high on, but that dude was a beast on Penn State, is huge and was great last year, not sure if he is hurt this year or what but I think he is.  And those two Utah TEs, hard to argue with that production and how tough they are despite being not huge TEs.  Love Kuithe and his ability to block and run after the catch, too bad he got hurt.  

True, maybe they go Peter Skoronski, that other OT spot is a massive issue I think, could go Dawand Jones also.  I really like Bonitto and Browning but have either one really been that productive?  Both have talent, and Gregory is good but is hurt a lot it seems.  On paper that still seems like a big need for them but again so is RT.  

CB possibly, Darby is still there and they have K. Williams who is decent.  They have Mathis, Ojemudia and Bassey so seems like CB might be less of a need but who knows, Darby does get hurt a lot, also have Darius Phillips but that is just a one year deal.  Gonzalez I love, that dude is a potential star and is so smooth in coverage!

RT is definitely a big need. Could see that for sure. Just the Gonzalez/Surtain duo would be great for our defense and feel like he’s a top 10 player. 

33 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

RT is definitely a big need. Could see that for sure. Just the Gonzalez/Surtain duo would be great for our defense and feel like he’s a top 10 player. 

Yeah that is a big kick in the *** for that organization, most thought they would be Super Bowl contenders with Russell Wilson and now they are in the running for worst record in the league.  Pretty nuts but Russ has not played well and crazy that Seattle is almost better off without him because they are successful.  Curious what they would have looked like if Vic Fangio was still the head coach.  Because early on so far, Nathaniel Hackett sucks at being a head coach and leading that team and could easily be fired in a year or two.  

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah that is a big kick in the *** for that organization, most thought they would be Super Bowl contenders with Russell Wilson and now they are in the running for worst record in the league.  Pretty nuts but Russ has not played well and crazy that Seattle is almost better off without him because they are successful.  Curious what they would have looked like if Vic Fangio was still the head coach.  Because early on so far, Nathaniel Hackett sucks at being a head coach and leading that team and could easily be fired in a year or two.  

I wanted O’Connell. I hope Hackett gets canned. Nothing redeeming there. Give Evero the interim job and see how he does now.

On 11/13/2022 at 10:38 AM, Ozzy said:

Michael Penix Jr RS JR QB Washington:  Made some crazy throws in this game that showed off awesome arm strength.  Is playing better than any QB in the nation arguably, is right there with Hooker in terms of the best play by any QB this year.  Penix has arguably less talent around him though which is even more impressive.  Does have a big injury history but he has been lights out and that was a huge win for Washington on the road against Oregon.

I heard he thinks with his head

Just saw a stat during the Notre Dame game.

Jarrett Patterson apparently in well over 1500 pass blocking snaps has given up 0 sacks!  Not sure I have ever heard anything that impressive in terms of sacks allowed unless that is a typo or something, sure I have heard that with 300-400 pass blocking snaps but 1500?  Dude should be a top 10 pick.  

PS Benjamin Morrison is a freshman corner on Notre Dame and has 3 INTs in this game alone, dude is a super star corner and he had two INTs against Clemson earlier in the year!

13 hours ago, jebrick said:

TCU's Kendre Miller was impressive in their win.

Miller was not great in that game, he had much better games than that but sure he is a promising talent.  The real force is that TCU OL, Coleman is a monster and Coker is solid as well, and helps having a giant TE like Wiley also.  They have a great run game and a lot of it is those guys up front, and Emari Demercado is a solid #2 back with some power but helps with Duggan at QB who is tough and very mobile and is clearly a great leader.    

Week 12:

*Benjamin Morrison FR CB Notre Dame:  Amazing play by him, super ball skills and showed up huge in this one.  Such great reaction time to the football, has really come on late this season and become a dominating player for them.  Will be one to watch going forward, few if any CBs make the amount of plays he has made in the last few weeks, that is almost a career of INTs for most corners and he did it in three games.  

*Cooper DeJean SOPH CB Iowa:  Outstanding young corner, physically the dude is elite, is great on special teams and is a very strong corner.  Good size and can really tackle at that size, is super strong, could be a standout safety or a solid corner.  Has great ball skills also, dude is a stud and will be one to watch next year for the 2024 draft, outstanding prospect with his ability to tackle and how he reacts to the football in the air.  

*Spencer Rattler RS JR QB South Carolina:  Best game of his career arguably, was aggressive and on target.  Really attacked that Tennessee defense and really moved the football.  Awesome game by him and helps everyone remember why he was so highly rated before, dude has skills and if he has confidence and plays aggressively this is what he can look like consistently.  Great arm talent with ability to throw from multiple arm angles and positions, we will see if he can keep it up.  

*Mohamed Ibrahim RS SR RB Minnesota:  What a show he put on against one of the best run defenses in the nation.  Amazing performance really and it was all him for that Gopher offense.  Sad to end his final home game in a loss when they should have won but the dude is solid.  Fundamentally sound and is really hard to bring down and runs with great vision.  Super high character player that is physical as can be, only real question is his top end speed because in terms of being hard to bring down few are better than he is.

*Antwane Wells Jr JR WR South Carolina:  Awesome game by him, has big time ball skills and can go up and get it.  Interesting talent, probably needs another season but could be a good one with some more development.  

*Brandon Coleman RS JR OT/OG TCU:  The guy is a monster OT and really dominated that game, can move people around pretty easily.  Has played some guard but is probably a RT in the NFL or LT, love his length and size and he is really promising, will be interesting if he comes out for the draft this year or not.  

*Jaheim Bell JR TE/RB South Carolina:  Dude might need to make a position change, was very impressive as a running back and showed some surprising wiggle as well.  Big strong kid, and can clearly catch the football, dude helped his stock big time in this one and is a super versatile HB type especially if he can consistently run with the football.

*Zach Charbonnet SR RB UCLA: Guy is a force at running back, super looking athlete that is a great straight line runner, is easily one of the top backs in the up coming draft with his physical style of running.  Great looking athlete with power and speed.  

*Joe Alt SOPH OT Notre Dame:  Dude is a stud tackle and arguably the best in a pretty deep sophomore class of tackles.  Alt moves so well, can pull so easily and block on the 2nd and 3rd level, really promising player that is part of arguably the best OL in college football.

*Nate Adkins SR TE South Carolina:  Have not seen much of him but he was a force as a blocker in this game, love the attitude he blocked with and he was very active.  Big kid played with passion, need to watch more of him but he could be a sleeper late round pick or UDFA pickup if he consistently blocks with that type of aggression.  

*Michael Ezeike SR TE UCLA:  Talked about him before, love his length and he played great in this one as well.  Super long arms, looks the part and is a sleeper in the draft who could be a star in the NFL with that length and athletic ability.

*Nick Emmanwori FR S South Carolina:  Not sure he will stick at safety because he is so big and so good around the line of scrimmage.  But the dude is a physical force and could be a standout player at LB or S, great length and is one hell of a tackler for his size, absolutely is one to watch.  

*Barion Brown FR WR Kentucky:  Love his deep speed, kid is very thin and light but can really run and made some huge plays against a top of the line defense.  Went up and got the football a few times with contact, was not just a speed guy only, could be a star in the future with more development.

Others who impressed:

Javon Baker JR WR UCF

Jordan Addison JR WR USC

Isaiah Adams JR OG Illinois

Emari Demercado RS SR RB TCU 

Dillon Doyle RS SR ILB Baylor 

Gabe Hall RS JR DE Baylor

Drew Sanders is quietly having a monster season for Arkansas. Since 2000, only two FBS players have totaled 95+ tackles with at least 12 TFL, 8 sacks, three forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and an interception in a season.

Sanders and Khalil Mack.