Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

Just now, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Carr has never spoken out has he? And he's been through some dark times why would he start now. It will only be for a new contract if he does imo.

It's coming out that he doesn't want to be apart of a rebuild, or another 'dark time'. He's at a place in his career where he wants to win now. I edited my above, I think it's unlikely because McDaniels came here to win now, and that's what Carr wants too, but I'm just wondering out loud

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Read that too and when you bring in a new culture there are going to be those that want what they are used to. We may see some fan favorites either have to adjust or be shipped out. Jacobs could be one, but I don't see the others having any issues. 

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I hope the players man up and don't get all butt hurt about Rich B being gone.

The players need to get over it, Rich did a good job but he wasn't the long term solution. 

1 minute ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Carr has never spoken out has he? And he's been through some dark times why would he start now. It will only be for a new contract if he does imo.

His brother has been stirring the pot in the media.

I could see Jacobs being on the outs. He's had his off the field issues, injury concerns and overall poor play (up until the last few weeks + playoffs). 

I certainly hope we don't offer him a new contract but if he does seem like an issues, I wouldn't mind him getting the boot for a pick or OL.

Just now, NickButera said:

It's coming out that he doesn't want to be apart of a rebuild, or another 'dark time'. He's at a place in his career where he wants to win now. I edited my above, I think it's unlikely because McDaniels came here to win now, and that's what Carr wants too, but I'm just wondering out loud

I think McDaniels going from Brady to Newton to Mac showed him the value of stability at QB.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I could see Jacobs being on the outs. He's had his off the field issues, injury concerns and overall poor play (up until the last few weeks + playoffs). 

I certainly hope we don't offer him a new contract but if he does seem like an issues, I wouldn't mind him getting the boot for a pick or OL.

I think Jacobs is definitely back, he only has a $3.7M cap hit next year and McDaniels loves to run the ball, he should thrive in his system. He just saw his former college teammate, Damien Harris, have a ton of success with Josh. I don't think that we'll pick up his 5th year option though.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Jacobs is definitely back, he only has a $3.7M cap hit next year and McDaniels loves to run the ball, he should thrive in his system. He just saw his former college teammate, Damien Harris, have a ton of success with Josh. I don't think that we'll pick up his 5th year option though.

I can see Josh McDaniels trading him just to make a point

54 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think that McDaniels is planning to immediately trade Carr after seeing what trading Cutler did in Denver.

Different NFL now that when McDaniels coach Denver. 

The Carr Dilemma is more than if Ziegler or McDaniels wants him. Carr and his representatives gotta agree to our contract offers. I can’t imagine them going for a hometown discount and also can’t imagine Ziegler overpaying Carr worth his value on their 1st offseason.

Joe Burrow is another example of a rookie contract scale QB led team going to the super bowl 

43 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Different NFL now that when McDaniels coach Denver. 

The Carr Dilemma is more than if Ziegler or McDaniels wants him. Carr and his representatives gotta agree to our contract offers. I can’t imagine them going for a hometown discount and also can’t imagine Ziegler overpaying Carr worth his value on their 1st offseason.

Joe Burrow is another example of a rookie contract scale QB led team going to the super bowl 

Perhaps….but Joe Burrow was also the #1 pick and certainly one of the better QBs in the last few years. And he was an elite prospect, who is that this year? Are the Raiders even a QB away from the super bowl? I doubt it. Carr and the Raiders honestly are better together than apart. Carr’s talked about how he’s made a lot of money and  he just wants to win a title.