49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure that Ross is making him keep most of the defensive staff, so I'll be curious to see what happens with regards to guys he will take with him. 

This is probably a good spot for Embree to go, if we are being honest. I'm assuming that we retain Slowik as some sort of coordinator (run game / pass game, whatever), but I have to imagine that McD is going to be allowed to poach some people. 

We didn’t really see many players follow Saleh to New York, but I could definitely see this as a landing spot for Raheem this off-season. I know you were talking coaches, but that seems like it’d make a lot of sense.

1 minute ago, jonnguy2015 said:

We wouldn't get anything for Embree since his contract was up, right?

Well, we wouldn't get anything for him because it's not a promotion to head coach. But I was thinking it would help McD to have someone he was very familiar with riding shotgun with him who just happened to have previous head coaching and assistant head coaching history 

Sucks to lose him, but think we'll be fine overall as Shanny is the key cog in our offense. 

Not a big fan of Miami's situation but i'm happy for McDaniel to get a HC shot. Wish him all the best and think they maybe got the best HC in this cycle. 

Shanny disciples all in the AFCE. Saleh & McDaniel

Wonder who, if anyone from our staff he'll take? 

Guess Lynn slides right into the OC/Asst HC role 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Sucks to lose him, but think we'll be fine overall as Shanny is the key cog in our offense. 

Not a big fan of Miami's situation but i'm happy for McDaniel to get a HC shot. Wish him all the best and think they maybe got the best HC in this cycle. 

Shanny disciples all in the AFCE. Saleh & McDaniel

Wonder who, if anyone from our staff he'll take? 

Guess Lynn slides right into the OC/Asst HC role 

Not sure we name an OC. We didn't have one before last year and I'm pretty sure that we gave that to McD so we could block interviews and since Lafleur was heading off to NYJ (pretty sure that we didn't name one in previous years because Shanny didn't want to choose). 

I think Lynn is going to be a true assistant coach and maybe take care of the run game while Slowik gets promoted and gets a crack at the passing game coordinator stuff. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

Not sure we name an OC. We didn't have one before last year and I'm pretty sure that we gave that to McD so we could block interviews and since Lafleur was heading off to NYJ (pretty sure that we didn't name one in previous years because Shanny didn't want to choose). 

I think Lynn is going to be a true assistant coach and maybe take care of the run game while Slowik gets promoted and gets a crack at the passing game coordinator stuff. 

Correct. I believe this question came up earlier as McDaniel was being interviewed and Kyle mentioned Slowik’s name (as OC/title). 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

well damn 

This report changes nothing, we knew that our original comp pick for Saleh/Mayhew was gone to Miami this year as part of the Trey trade.

If teams have the ability to have multiple comp picks, we should still receive one of the comps for McDaniel this year, especially since comp picks overall have not been solidified as of yet. 

there is still hope we get one this year

Edited by P_locniners

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

This report changes nothing, we knew that our original comp pick for Saleh/Mayhew was gone to Miami this year as part of the Trey trade. If teams have the ability to have multiple

comp picks, we should still receive one of the comps for McDaniel this year, especially since comp picks overall have not been solidified as of yet. 

there is still hope we get one this year

*edit* 

sorry, I misread. 

I guess that depends on whether they consider that the same. 

That being said, @49erurtaza didn't find anything in the rules that states we would have to wait. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

*edit* 

sorry, I misread. 

I guess that depends on whether they consider that the same. 

That being said, @49erurtaza didn't find anything in the rules that states we would have to wait. 

Only states in next two years of drafts. If anyone wants to look up the rule here's the name 2020 RESOLUTION JC-2A.

Edited by 49erurtaza