49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

Honestly, this doesn't sound crazy at all. Something has been off the entire time with Brady never acknowledging retiring. Even when he thanks the Bucs, he didn't thank the Pats. If he was REALLY retired, don't you think he would have spent majority of the time thanking that organization? 

Saying that, we aren't in a great cap spot so how do we fit his 25M in with all the free agents we have? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, this doesn't sound crazy at all. Something has been off the entire time with Brady never acknowledging retiring. Even when he thanks the Bucs, he didn't thank the Pats. If he was REALLY retired, don't you think he would have spent majority of the time thanking that organization? 

Saying that, we aren't in a great cap spot so how do we fit his 25M in with all the free agents we have? 

Agreed. I would imagine his personnel have been in discussions with Lynch and co. 

4 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Former Broncos’ HC Vic Fangio received, and decided against, multiple offers to become a defensive coordinator for the 2022 season, per league sources. Fangio now is likely to take off this season before returning next year as the most coveted available defensive coordinator.

Sooooo could he still have desire to be a consultant?! 

55 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Sooooo could he still have desire to be a consultant?! 

He could or Lynch was just planting a seed for next season for the eventual departure of Ryans. Letting Fangio know to pay close attention to this defense next season since he will be their first option to replace Ryans. I could see something like that happening. 

• Like 1

The Super Bowl LVI @NFLGameDay Notebook with @MikeGarafolo and @TomPelissero: The #Bengals and Zac Taylor will work out a contract extension after today; The #Vikings will hire Kevin O'Connell & keep QB Kirk Cousins; The #49ers will try to trade Jimmy Garoppolo in the next month. https://t.co/RndlQQYYk6

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

The Super Bowl LVI @NFLGameDay Notebook with @MikeGarafolo and @TomPelissero: The #Bengals and Zac Taylor will work out a contract extension after today; The #Vikings will hire Kevin O'Connell & keep QB Kirk Cousins; The #49ers will try to trade Jimmy Garoppolo in the next month. https://t.co/RndlQQYYk6

Was just about to post this, but basically, no real news. For those that want the shorthand....

Trade talks have no yet really begun in earnest, NTC won't be an issue. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was just about to post this, but basically, no real news. For those that want the shorthand....

Trade talks have no yet really begun in earnest, NTC won't be an issue. 

It never was an issue since the team trading for him would have to rework the deal and lower the cap hit. If we want the highest compensation then it would essentially be where Jimmy wanted to go. 

12 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Brady would come for the minimum or not at all 

He's basically a billionaire. He's not coming here for money. Vet min or gtfo lol 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, N4L said:

He's basically a billionaire. He's not coming here for money. Vet min or gtfo lol 

That man will be coming here for nostalgia. He just wants to fan boy out, like all of us would. 

57 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think we have to take the 20 million via the trade then it can be restructured after he passes a physical. It's not going to happen tho imo. Lol I can see Kyle saying Nah. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think we have to take the 20 million via the trade then it can be restructured after he passes a physical. It's not going to happen tho imo. Lol I can see Kyle saying Nah. 

We passed once before, we will probably pass again

Not sure if the Rams winning changes anything. 

The 20m is base salary, Brady can re-sign for a lower salary at his discretion. 

I can't believe I am actually thinking about it, but if he isn't coming for the vet min, then I don't see how it makes any sense. 

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

We passed once before, we will probably pass again

Not sure if the Rams winning changes anything. 

The 20m is base salary, Brady can re-sign for a lower salary at his discretion. 

I can't believe I am actually thinking about it, but if he isn't coming for the vet min, then I don't see how it makes any sense. 

Um, because he is the literal GOAT and still was an elite QB this season? 😂

If it has to be for his 20M cap hit, then so be it. Figure out the rest and do what you have to do.