49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not sure I really get being in on WRs. What kind of a WR in particular?

I wouldn't mind them spending a good chunk of change at WR. Deebo and/or Kittle could go down at any time, I would like one more guy with more pedigree than Juwan Jennings

Allen Robinson is my pipe dream, assuming he could be had for 10-12M/year

Edited by adamq

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But what does that mean "successful" surgery? That just means the surgery didn't have any complications aka being a complete disaster. And that is very rare. But Jimmy having a "successful" surgery does not mean it is a given he will have no setbacks in the recovery process and that he will be 100% in a few months. There may be a good chance of that but there is still a risk there as there is with any surgeries. 

Oh I agree completely, but I don’t think that’s gonna change anything, teams are still gonna give him $17-$20 mil per year whether he hits FA or they trade for him. There is always risk, but do they wanna get there guy or not take a shot? I think teams will take a shot. Again, we shall see

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we were looking at another guy. I still do wonder where we are at with Jennings....his hands are awwwwwwwwwwwwwwful. 

I could see us wanting to bring in a slot type guy. I'd also love a true field stretcher that can play more than 10% of snaps. 

The problem is that we are a horrible destination for receivers looking to rebuild value lol. But I'd definitely be into Will Fuller on a one year deal. Jamison Crowder for the slot. I think MVS is probably beyond what we want to spend, but Tre'quan Smith probably wouldn't be. Jakeem Grant coudl also help special teams. 

I think Crowder would be a great singing, he is very underrated and a product of a crap offense for too many years. Would be great to see what he could do in our offense.

Fuller’s injuries just scare me, he never seems to stay healthy. When he does, he’s a game changer, but that seems to rarely last

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, adamq said:

I wouldn't mind them spending a good chunk of change at WR. Deebo and/or Kittle could go down at any time, I would like one more guy with more pedigree than Juwan Jennings

I thought I read that Allen Robinson is wanting $20mil per year, which I don’t think is gonna happen. I can see him signing around the $15mil mark or going on a 1-year prove it deal

56 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I think Crowder would be a great singing, he is very underrated and a product of a crap offense for too many years. Would be great to see what he could do in our offense.

Fuller’s injuries just scare me, he never seems to stay healthy. When he does, he’s a game changer, but that seems to rarely last

+1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not sure I really get being in on WRs. What kind of a WR in particular?

And I don't agree that CB has not been valued. They just don't value it in the early rounds and prefer veteran CBs but we gave Sherman a good deal and Verrett was signed for like 10M last season. Maybe valuing someone like Jackson at 20M does not make sense but paying Gilmore at 14-15M could be the play here. 

CB makes sense, WR doesn't, you have Deebo, Aiyuk, & Jauan, unless they're in on a WR/KR like Patterson.

2 hours ago, adamq said:

If we did this we couldn't extend Aiyuk, Aiyuk needs to be a priority next offseason.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, N4L said:

@49erscap can you explain the difference in cap space and effective cap space? Is it adjusted for the rookie class? 

Your website shows (1.2m) in cap space but (6m) in effective cap space 

Yeah, so Effective cap space is with 51 players signed, so they have 44 now, 7 more and they're $6M over, when we have more than 51, I use that as having all players counting. The $1.2M over is with just 44 players signed, they'll tender all 5 ERFAs, they'll likely end up having to shed $10M in cap room, AA makes sense, $10.424M savings, already has a void year in his deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

If we did this we couldn't extend Aiyuk, Aiyuk needs to be a priority next offseason.

I’m not sure Aiyuk would be considered a priority as of yet and next year is year 3 for him, still could exercise 5th year option when that time comes. He and the offense really need to take the next step this coming season for me to consider him a priority

……and we definitely will be adding some additional WR’s this year, whether that be in FA or draft, we need to diversify that WR room

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, P_locniners said:

I thought I read that Allen Robinson is wanting $20mil per year, which I don’t think is gonna happen. I can see him signing around the $15mil mark or going on a 1-year prove it deal

I understand this reasoning to a degree, the guy is coming off his worst year as a pro and didnt seem to be in sync with the offense at any point. Didnt "look like himself" so to speak. 

With that being said, the dude has been around for a while and is a proven player. If he has a reasonable explanation of what went wrong in Chicago, I bet there are multiple teams that would offer him multi-year deals. 

He probably wants a little security this offseason after playing on the tag last year. I really dont see him taking a one year deal, even though the idea of rebounding his value makes sense on some level. 

5 minutes ago, adamq said:

As Yac says this is probably BS, but New Orleans always made the most sense to me... if you ignore their salary cap situation

NO makes sense in terms of the Niners being forced to release him and then they can sign him outright. I'm sure they can make it work cap wise, but that's for @49erscapand/or @Forgeto explain lol.

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

NO makes sense in terms of the Niners being forced to release him and then they can sign him outright. I'm sure they can make it work cap wise, but that's for @49erscapand/or @Forgeto explain lol.

I did this on the fly off the top of my head a few weeks back, so don't take this as gospel with regards to accuracy (especially with regards to exact numbers), but its feasible: 

On 2/1/2022 at 9:01 PM, Forge said:

As crazy as it sounds, I can make it happen and there's a world where it even makes sense. They can't just cut a bunch of guys to get under the cap. Their contracts aren't built that way to allow for it. That means that they are basically going to be extending and restructuring everyone that they can...which also means that they are mostly going to tie themselves to this core for the next couple of years. This core is good and can compete.  This will sound crazy, but keep in mind that these are things that they will likely  have to do no matter what. 

Right now, they area about 76 million over the cap. What I'm about to go through is mostly just estimates, but here's what you got

1. Restructure Michael Thomas (savings 9.8) 
  2. Restructure Cam Jordan (8.9)
  3. Restructure Andrus Peat (6.5)
  4. Cut David Onyemata (3.8) - not sure how they feel about this one, so they may find a way around this
  5. Restructure Ramczyk (14.5)
  6. Restructure Marshon (18.4)
  7. Extend Marcus Davvenport (saves about 6.5)
  8. June 1 cut Malcolm Jenkins (saves 7.75M which they can ostensibly use on the rookie class)
  9. Cut James Hurst (2)
  10. Cut Bradley Roby (9.5)
  11. Cut JT Gray (2.1)
  12. Cut Tanoh Kpassagnon (2.35)
  13. Cut Mark Ingram (2.3)

I think that creates a little over 94 Million this year and next year they would be under a projected cap still. 

You trade for Jimmy. You extend him (whoever trades for him likely will); 10 million of his current base gets converted to signing bonus (2M prorated for five years). His base salary gets kicked to vet min. That means his current year cap hit is roughly 3.5 million or whatever. You guarantee a 2023 roster bonus of 15 million (which basically covers the remainder of the salary on the books right now) and give him like a 5 million base (makes his cap hit roughly 22 million next year). Or if Jimmy just wants to go here, he can actually just take a straight up pay cut. 

And voila. 

That's before smaller moves....maybe a trade with the 49ers involves Nick Vannett going back ot the niners (frees up another 2.7M or so).  They could cut Lutz and I think that saves close to 2. 

Saints fans can adjust some of the minor moves....like I have no idea if a guy like JT gray or Hurst is important. 

• Like 1