49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I can't even begin to laugh at the folks that are wanting Wagner in a SF uniform. We legitimately have one of the best LB cores in the game as it is. In what world does it make sense to allocate so much of the cap to the LB position? Makes no sense at all.

Wagner also took a step back last year. Still a beast, but literally the last thing we need. 

• Like 1

Just now, John232 said:

Wagner also took a step back last year. Still a beast, but literally the last thing we need. 

No one was asking for an upgrade at the LB position at season's end because it wasn't needed....Heck, some were even saying that we should trade away Greenlaw because Warner/Al-Shaair are such a good duo.

Thanks, but NO thanks!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No one was asking for an upgrade at the LB position at season's end because it wasn't needed....Heck, some were even saying that we should trade away Greenlaw because Warner/Al-Shaair are such a good duo.

Thanks, but NO thanks!

I'm 100% with you. Wagner makes no sense for us. If we had enough money to do what we wanted and still bring in Wagner, then sure. But our LB group is good and relatively cheap for now. Best to spend the money on needs and not wants.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm 100% with you. Wagner makes no sense for us. If we had enough money to do what we wanted and still bring in Wagner, then sure. But our LB group is good and relatively cheap for now. Best to spend the money on needs and not wants.

Yep, a relative asked me about Wagner too. I said be nice but we really don't need him and he's gonna still cost a good dime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yep, a relative asked me about Wagner too. I said be nice but we really don't need him and he's gonna still cost a good dime.

If I'm going after a Seahawk right now, it's Tyler Lockett. Good lord would it be nice to have him in the slot with Lance's arm. 

Maybe he could be had for a 3rd? Not sure on his trade value, but that's the Seahawk I'd take.

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

If I'm going after a Seahawk right now, it's Tyler Lockett. Good lord would it be nice to have him in the slot with Lance's arm. 

Maybe he could be had for a 3rd? Not sure on his trade value, but that's the Seahawk I'd take.

He costs them 19 million more to trade than to keep. I don't think that is going to happen. 

Just now, Forge said:

He costs them 19 million more to trade than to keep. I don't think that is going to happen. 

Good point. I didn't look at his contract before posting that. I was just thinking from a scheme fit point of view, I'd love to have him.

• Like 1

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Good point. I didn't look at his contract before posting that. I was just thinking from a scheme fit point of view, I'd love to have him.

There were rumors yesterday that he was going to be available, buet I said it on the main board that it didn't make sense and then today Shefty shot it down on the radio, I believe. I like Lockett as a player though. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

This would be where you could see it being like a 5th this year and something conditional the following year

But a team trading for him will almost certainly extend him just to lower the cap this year. That's not too big of a worry for me. His surgery certainly complicates things as Breed alluded to. 

Just expect a 4th rounder so we won't be disappointed when the trade happens lol.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But a team trading for him will almost certainly extend him just to lower the cap this year. That's not too big of a worry for me. His surgery certainly complicates things as Breed alluded to. 

Just expect a 4th rounder so we won't be disappointed when the trade happens lol.

Right, but the secondary issue with the extension is that you ostensibly have to negotiate it without him being healthy and unsure of his recovery will fully look. 

As for the Colts, the issues with Wentz stretched back to before the season began, one source said, and over the course of the year, some grew frustrated at what they deemed a lack of leadership, a resistance to hard coaching and a reckless style of play, which had a role in several close losses this year.

But this wasn’t just a football move. Wentz’s play, inconsistent as it was to close the year, wasn’t the deciding factor. Colts’ brass simply didn’t trust him to be the franchise quarterback moving forward, and they weren’t willing to bring him back in 2022 and hope for better. Thus, the decision was made swiftly after the Week 18 debacle in Jacksonville: Wentz wouldn’t return for a second season in Indianapolis.

https://theathletic.com/3173631/2022/03/09/inside-the-colts-decision-to-move-on-from-carson-wentz-after-just-one-season/

I'll be honest with you, when Jimmy's teammates would have his back and talk about his leadership skills, I would sometimes roll my eyes. But I don't think we can overlook that quality from starting QBs. Regardless of Jimmy being mediocre, his teammates loved him and definitely played hard for him. So while Wentz may be more physically talented, I can definitely see Jimmy having more team success in Indy or where ever he ends up at. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://theathletic.com/3173631/2022/03/09/inside-the-colts-decision-to-move-on-from-carson-wentz-after-just-one-season/

I'll be honest with you, when Jimmy's teammates would have his back and talk about his leadership skills, I would sometimes roll my eyes. But I don't think we can overlook that quality from starting QBs. Regardless of Jimmy being mediocre, his teammates loved him and definitely played hard for him. So while Wentz may be more physically talented, I can definitely see Jimmy having more team success in Indy or where ever he ends up at. 

I read this article and just hot damn man lol

You almost feel bad for Wentz at this point.