Joe Burrow vs Justin Herbert

Plat2

Who would you pick to start a team>  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Herbert or Burrow

• Herbert
    • Burrow

On 2/1/2022 at 8:12 PM, Bearerofnews said:

Before the playoffs I had it close Herbert over Burrow.. after the playoffs the gap grew.

Burrow really has not been good at all in these playoffs and it's crazy people think otherwise. I get it's his first full season and first post season, so i completely understand that. I get the counter will be he made it but Herbert didnt.  But that is a lazy man's argument. I don't think there is a top QB who has to overcome more than Herbert.  Call me a homer, im taking him over everyone.

23, no injury history, every physical skill and tool you could want, super smart, great decision maker, poise, clutch.... his team is a different story in the last 2 attributes mentioned.

I wouldn't say he hasn't looked good at all, but I'm a bit perplexed people are equating his teams success during the post season to him. I mean- he's been ok, but his defense deserves the recognition. His playoff run has done nothing for me to move the needle on how good he'll be, which is still the potential to be an elite QB in this league for a long time. I like Herbert more, personally. I also like Allen more, but I'm also not a fan of Burrow's personality. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 8:57 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Its not lazy, its fact. You had every opportunity to do what the Bengals did and couldn't get the job done. You had a chance to beat Mahomes when you were 8-6 and in the playoff hunt and couldn't get the job done meanwhile the Bengals beat him twice including in the AFC Championship game. 

Just give Burrow props and move on, you look bad trying to minimize what he's done to trying to prop up Herbert.

When he does something of note he will get the credit he deserves.

This is a lazy take. You need to watch film. Stop using team result and isolating it to individual contribution.

In the 2 games Cincy beat KC, they held KC to 6 points in 5 quarters. That wasnt Burrow.

Burrow had 40 yds, 0 tds, 1 int and another dropped int in 4th & OT. Burrow has been avg to bad in the playoffs.also in the regular season he played the easiest SOS for team record and the easiest pass defense schedule.

He had 3 games out of 16 that heavily inflated his numbers.

Joe is very good. Herbert is considerably better.

On 2/2/2022 at 12:59 PM, HerbertGOAT said:

You're so right. I forgot that Herbert is the guy who gave up 200 yards to Kelce by himself. I forgot that he personally made Rex Burkhead look like Emmitt Smith on his way to allowing 43 points to the Texans. I forgot that Herbert personally gave himself the 4th worst scoring defense in the league.

Don't bother. People like that rely on lazy takes. 

On 2/2/2022 at 1:37 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Herbert over Burrow is a fine opinion, but Burrow hasn’t been good at all in the postseason? This might actually be the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever posted.

He hasnt, at all. Are you even watching the games?

Vs the Raiders he had 3 mins to ice the game,up 7, goes 3 and out.. relies on his defense to int Carr at the 9 yd line. This was actually his best post season game and it was an avg game. 

Titans he took a few of those sacks and it was on him for holding the ball too long,drifting 10 plus yds behind the LOS, failing to get to the checkdown, failing to recognize presnap the blitzing DBs.

0 tds 1 int, numerous massive negative yard sacks. Late in the game tied, around 3 mins left. You have a generational kicker who has the most 50+ yd kicks in a single season. You have your team in/near FG range to to take the lead... takes a 10 yd sack, punt.

Relies on defense AGAIN, to int Tannehill as Titans are driving to kick winning FG.

Vs Chiefs, does nothing all 1st half. The 1 score was a dump off screen to peline who takes it 40+ yds. Then late in the game gets back into when Defense goes off and forces turnovers. Throws a jump ball to Chase for the other TD. 

Then goes 40 yds, 0 td, 1 int and another dropped int in the 4th & OT.

Burrow has been avg at best to bad. His best plays this post season were the 2 big scrambles vs KC.

Recency bias has Burrow being overrated. People using winner, swagger, confidence.. blah blah lazy takes. They are in the SB because of the kicker and defense.

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

This is a lazy take. You need to watch film. Stop using team result and isolating it to individual contribution.

In the 2 games Cincy beat KC, they held KC to 6 points in 5 quarters. That wasnt Burrow.

Burrow had 40 yds, 0 tds, 1 int and another dropped int in 4th & OT. Burrow has been avg to bad in the playoffs.also in the regular season he played the easiest SOS for team record and the easiest pass defense schedule.

Burrow is on the road in the playoffs against one of the most hostile stadiums in the league against the league's new big bad dragon. I'd be willing to bet money Herbert would have had the same exact struggles.

It really is a toss up, but I'd barely lean Burrow simply because his intangibles trickles down to the rest of the team.

Edited by biggie.

5 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Burrow is on the road in the playoffs against one of the most hostile stadiums in the league against the league's new big bad dragon. I'd be willing to bet money Herbert would have had the same exact struggles.

It really is a toss up, but I'd barely lean Burrow simply because his intangibles trickles down to the rest of the team.

Herbert played in KC this year. Sure it wasn't in the playoffs and sure it was early in the season. I don't see him going 40 yds, 0 tds, 1 int and what should of been a 2nd int in 4th qtr and OT.

If Mahomes didn't suddenly play his worst ball ever in the 4th & OT, then everyone is bashing Burrow and his play late off a loss.

Intangibles that can't be quantified, measured, demonstrated or weighted in anyway. Intangibles is such a lazy argument people use when they can't point to tangibles. 

His intangibles are he has a clutch dominant defense in the post season and a generational kicker and WR.

Edited by Bearerofnews

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Herbert played in KC this year. Sure it wasn't in the playoffs and sure it was early in the season. I don't see him going 40 yds, 0 tds, 1 int and what should of been a 2nd int in 4th qtr and OT.

If Mahomes didn't suddenly play his worst ball ever in thr 

That was back when KC's head wasn't on straight. In the second meeting when KC was back to normal, Herbert had a tougher outing.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:57 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Its not lazy, its fact. You had every opportunity to do what the Bengals did and couldn't get the job done. You had a chance to beat Mahomes when you were 8-6 and in the playoff hunt and couldn't get the job done meanwhile the Bengals beat him twice including in the AFC Championship game. 

Just give Burrow props and move on, you look bad trying to minimize what he's done to trying to prop up Herbert.

When he does something of note he will get the credit he deserves.

Herbert is 1-0 vs Burrow so there’s that 😁

• Like 2

Just now, biggie. said:

That was back when KC's head wasn't on straight. In the second meeting when KC was back to normal, Herbert had a tougher outing.

He really didnt though. He had a very good game and that was with 3 dropped tds... not a dropped int like Burrow. Herbert's 1 int was a deflection to. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 1:37 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Herbert over Burrow is a fine opinion, but Burrow hasn’t been good at all in the postseason? This might actually be the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever posted.

He’s been solid. Maybe it’s bad by his standards because he hasn’t yet taken over a game like he did during the season. But it feels like he can afford more mistakes because his defense is better and that’s why they’re winning. He’s definitely came up clutch after a game deciding turnover though. In both the games against Tennessee and KC.

27 minutes ago, Xenos said:

He’s been solid. Maybe it’s bad by his standards because he hasn’t yet taken over a game like he did during the season. But it feels like he can afford more mistakes because his defense is better and that’s why they’re winning. He’s definitely came up clutch after a game deciding turnover though. In both the games against Tennessee and KC.

Hence why I think he and Chase are going to blow up in the SB; they've been too quiet so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

This is just bad.

• Like 1