2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Just now, iknowcool said:

So would the Texans take on Ryan's contract in this hypothetical deal?

Honestly feel like the Falcons are in an even worse spot than the Panthers though

Falcons already restructured his contract so dead money will skyrocket if they trade him. I beleive.

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

So would the Texans take on Ryan's contract in this hypothetical deal?

Honestly feel like the Falcons are in an even worse spot than the Panthers though

Not sure if Ryan has a no-trade clause. Can't see him wanting to go to Houston. 

If Watson goes to the Falcons, Ryan should want to go to the Colts or Browns. 

Just now, JetsandI said:

Falcons already restructured his contract so dead money will skyrocket if they trade him. I beleive.

Yeah, I'm really struggling to see how this works but if Schefter tweeted it, there's gotta be something.  

I get it for the Saints.  I get it for the Browns.  But the Falcons?  They have the least talented offense among the 4 teams. Pitts is great, but I'd be really skeptical of a 30-year old Patterson repeating the anamoly of a season he had last year (compared to the rest of his career) and Ridley is suspended for a year.  The OL is just as bad as the Panthers.  The defense was terrible last year.  Would you really want to trade one of your 3 best defensive pieces (Terrell, Jarrett, Jones)?

Not saying they can't pull it off but out of all the teams, they would be by far the worst off after a trade IMO.  And yeah financially I don't see how the Ryan contract works.

• Like 2

I was confused by Watson situation.  Texans granted the permission for Watson to talk with Saints and Panthers because of solid trade submissions but reports suggested that Watson is connected with Falcons and Browns.    BS? or what?

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I was confused by Watson situation.  Texans granted the permission for Watson to talk with Saints and Panthers because of solid trade submissions but reports suggested that Watson is connected with Falcons and Browns.    BS? or what?

I think those teams were trying to hide their interest in Watson because they have established starters. But someone leaked it that the Browns & Falcons are interested. I'm guessing the leak came from the Texans to drive the price up

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

Just now, JetsandI said:

52 pct at Slot so he is barely a WR. lol

If I'm trading for him, I'm putting him in the backfield for sure. He'll still line up in the slot and as a receiver sometimes, but he's a chess piece that you're going to need to figure out how to be effective using. Treating him as a regular receiver isn't going to cut it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I think those teams were trying to hide their interest in Watson because they have established starters. But someone leaked it that the Browns & Falcons are interested. I'm guessing the leak came from the Texans to drive the price up

Since both Browns and Falcons came out at the same time is 3 way trade in a card?

Browns get Ryan.

Falcons get Watson.

Texans get a bunch of picks from both teams.

?