2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Just now, SkippyX said:

You named 2 fast guys who weigh a bit more to cancel out a 3rd guy being fast?

This is the opposite of unbiased.

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo is not fast by the standards of the other players at his position in the NFL, lol

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Are you suggesting that he somehow got faster either from being in the NFL or from putting pads on, whereas the other players who were also wearing skin tight undies did not

I’m suggesting that 40 yard dashes are not good indicators of an edge rusher’s play speed. I mean, you wouldn’t say JJ Watt doesn’t explode fast enough and isn’t fast, all because of his 1.71 10-yard split, would you? 

It’s almost like these times don’t translate to the field…

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Are you suggesting that he somehow got faster either from being in the NFL or from putting pads on, whereas the other players who were also wearing skin tight undies did not

Look at arm velocity numbers from the combine. Now look at actual performance in the NFL. Maybe you will get a clue?

Its a workout on a random weekend. People purposefully train not to be good at football or to be fast but to run like a track star for that specific weekend. Some people put more effort into it than others. Some people have better 40 yard dash coaching and nutritionists. This stops being true in the NFL.

The more the 40 yard dash means to you the less your opinion means to anyone else.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

I’m suggesting that 40 yard dashes are not good indicators of an edge rusher’s play speed. I mean, you wouldn’t say JJ Watt doesn’t explode fast enough and isn’t fast, all because of his 1.71 10-yard split, would you? 

It’s almost like these times don’t translate to the field…

Why are you still talking about the 40 time? I'm not talking about the 40 time. I am happy to talk about whatever measurement you want--Okoronkwo isn't fast by any of them.

I'm just flabbergasted that y'all are choosing to stan for a guy with 4.5 career sacks who played a career-high 29% of the defensive snaps last year to justify what appears to be your total disdain for measurable athletic ability. Heckuva hill to die on, good luck with that.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Why are you still talking about the 40 time? I'm not talking about the 40 time. I am happy to talk about whatever measurement you want--Okoronkwo isn't fast by any of them.

I'm just flabbergasted that y'all are choosing to stan for a guy with 4.5 career sacks who played a career-high 29% of the defensive snaps last year to justify what appears to be your total disdain for measurable athletic ability. Heckuva hill to die on, good luck with that.

“total disdain for measurable athletic ability”

*player posts a decent 10-yard split and very good vertical*

”more whining”

She also called him a talented photographer, but I haven’t seen any proof from the combine that that is the case?????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

*player posts a decent 10-yard split and very good vertical*

And yet when I point out other players at his position ran better at heavier weights, you choose to just ignore that, lol

Take it elsewhere fellas, Im trying to fid out what team is being leveraged by witch agent to get their client fake overpaid, 2 minutes after its reported on Twitter, because the Bird is blocked at work

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 8

Just now, Blue said:

And yet when I point out other players at his position ran better at heavier weights, you choose to just ignore that, lol

You pointed out 2 players who were top 5 picks.

One guy had a 12 sack rookie year and the other guy is DPOY level.

You are really, really, bad at this.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You pointed out 2 players who were top 5 picks.

One guy had a 12 sack rookie year and the other guy is DPOY level.

You are really, really, bad at this.

I'm sorry, is Marcus Davenport the 12 sack rookie or the DPOY? Or are you talking about Kentavius Street? And which one of them magically became a top-5 pick when I wasn't looking?

If you're going to try and argue with me, at least address what I actually said instead of making things up.

I wonder where Deshon Elliott is going to end up and roughly the price. I know Marcus Williams went to BMore and Chuck Clark has a couple reasonable years left so I assuming resigning is passed by. Deshon is off injury so I assume a deal is something like a one year prove it, and my guess is 5mil but with the cap rising maybe a bit more like 6.5? I think he'd be a good signing at that level to a bunch of teams, but I see no rumors at all. When I look on Twitter it's mostly BMore fans that liked him saying how he'll always be a Raven to them and positivity like thanking him for the 4 years. I wonder if he's a contender to replace Whitehead in Tampa on a team friendly (maybe less than 5mil, Malik Hooker style last year with the 'Boys) prove it year deal to try and chase a Lombardi before hitting FA again next year?

5 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I wonder where Deshon Elliott is going to end up and roughly the price. I know Marcus Williams went to BMore and Chuck Clark has a couple reasonable years left so I assuming resigning is passed by. Deshon is off injury so I assume a deal is something like a one year prove it, and my guess is 5mil but with the cap rising maybe a bit more like 6.5? I think he'd be a good signing at that level to a bunch of teams, but I see no rumors at all. When I look on Twitter it's mostly BMore fans that liked him saying how he'll always be a Raven to them and positivity like thanking him for the 4 years. I wonder if he's a contender to replace Whitehead in Tampa on a team friendly (maybe less than 5mil, Malik Hooker style last year with the 'Boys) prove it year deal to try and chase a Lombardi before hitting FA again next year?

Yeah Elliott is going to get probably a smaller contract because of his injury concerns, but he's a solid FS when healthy...but that's of course the caveat.

• Like 1