2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Even if he was (he's not), it's negligible at-best. Why would you throw away the ONLY home-grown QB you've had in decades for a career journeyman?

Baker's ceiling is still way higher than Jimmy's.

The only home-grown QB they've had in decades who helped them out of the 1-31 abyss, who helped them win a road playoff game for the first time in forever, who battled through injury for them in 2021. Most QBs are praised for playing through injury; Browns fans crucified him for not sitting. I just don't get it. When did Cleveland become connoisseurs of elite QB play? 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

The only home-grown QB they've had in decades who helped them out of the 1-31 abyss, who helped them win a road playoff game for the first time in forever, who battled through injury for them in 2021. Most QBs are praised for playing through injury; Browns fans crucified him for not sitting. I just don't get it. When did Cleveland become connoisseurs of elite QB play?

I'm no Browns fan but I have been adamant that paying Mayfield would be a huge mistake for them if they want to win a championship.

Paying QBs isn't a problem. Paying the wrong ones is the problem.

You same posters saying things like this would crucify the Browns if they pay him $35 million after this season, which would be his market value if he rebounds.

15 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Just because the QB play bar is very very very low in Cleveland--doesnt mean they should settle and strive for average.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Even if he was (he's not), it's negligible at-best. Why would you throw away the ONLY home-grown QB you've had in decades for a career journeyman?

Baker's ceiling is still way higher than Jimmy's.

This.

I'd hate to move from Baker to Jimmy G, but if his and Stefanski's relationship is that fractured, then I get the need to move on from him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Watching Wilsons intro press conference...

I aspire to be as happy, nice, energetic and positive as he seems to be ALL the time. I dont know how he does it.

He is crazy impressive at talking lol

He is a genuinely nice person who deserves everything he has earned and accomplished.

The vipers in Seattle hated him for it. (Sherman and company)

Just now, DawgX said:

This.

I'd hate to move from Baker to Jimmy G, but if his and Stefanski's relationship is that fractured, then I get the need to move on from him.

Yup. There is a lot of Carson Wentz with Baker--both playstyle, injury, untapped potential and the fact that he is probably going to play for a bunch of teams hoping to recapture his best.

Just now, DawgX said:

This.

The Browns were good enough to beat the Packers this year but Baker said, screw you guys. I'm giving the ball to the Pack! He's an anchor who can never be paid top tier money. Move on now, move on next year. Its not a big difference.

I'm not sure Keenum is that much worse for 2022 (even if Baker has the higher ceiling)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

“An adult” 😂

are we sure this Stefanski regime is as competent as we’ve been giving them credit for? This is getting childish 

"An adult" - aka the guy with 22 civil cases against him. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Now it'll end up being another several days...

Texans Radio 610 Houston keeps getting interrupted by producers for Breaking News / Trolling as they are waiting for the Watson deal and hoping against hope that Carlos Correa does not get a better offer and goes back to Houston.

One of the better ones was...

He's coming back to where it all started.... Zack Greinke is going to KC!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

"An adult" - aka the guy with 22 civil cases against him. 

This whole Watson thing is so confusing man.

Guy has TWENTY TWO open civil cases against him and is pretty much undoubtedly a sexual predator, but we're just gonna all collectively ignore that because he wasn't charged criminally? Like, blows my mind.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This whole Watson thing is so confusing man.

Guy has TWENTY TWO open civil cases against him and is pretty much undoubtedly a sexual predator, but we're just gonna all collectively ignore that because he wasn't charged criminally? Like, blows my mind.

Your conclusions were big in the South over the last 150 years.

You only have to be pretty much well sorta kinda maybe for the Grand Jury.

This was not even that.

Be better.