2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

7 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

They gotta beat out the Jets offer somehow🤷‍♂️

Literally would make no sense to trade Waddle for Tyreek. None, whatsoever. This is the pure definition of a Madden'esque trade.

Edited by Nick_gb

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

gonna be wild when it turns out Stephen Ross didn't want to trade for a player who was facing accusations of improper behavior towards women and then trades two first-round picks for a player with a history of domestic violence

Yeah 

Just now, SkippyX said:

Hill is like Gretzky (size, speed, quickness) guys have known their entire careers that you just have to hit them hard, jam them at the line, and so on. Good luck catching them.

That being said, I'd hate to be paying Hill 30 million a year when he loses half a step.

I mean hes not just a speed receiver. Hes a great route runner, has enough hops to dunk on a NBA net, and the natural ability to track the ball in the air. Even losing half a step hell still be a fast/good receiver

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's a defensive end, had like 10 sacks as a rookie and is an absolute physical freak.

Oh it just said LB on his title. That might work. Definitely need to add to the pass rush arsenal with the way the West is shaping up

Just now, Chiefer said:

Oh it just said LB on his title. That might work. Definitely need to add to the pass rush arsenal with the way the West is shaping up

Phillips would've been a top 5 pick last year but was hurt a lot in college and was a monster for the Dolphins as a rookie.

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Chiefs play Madden you didnt know?

Would require the Dolphins to play as well with a willingness to be the younger brother who is willing to accept any trade his older brother sends just to feel accepted. 

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

Would require the Dolphins to play as well with a willingness to be the younger brother who is willing to accept any trade his older brother sends just to feel accepted. 

I mean they do have a “new regime” in town right? Usually means old players arent kept around.🤷‍♂️

MVS is better than he showed with Rodgers.

All WRs not named Davante did not get the ball there. Focus on his efficiency numbers, not his raw stats. I'm not saying he is Hill (of course not) but he's a pretty good speed guy. If you sign him you are hoping for the 2020 version (11.0 ypt), not the 2021 guy. (The Giants hoped this too for Golladay but MVS won't get 1/3rd of Golladay money)

He's a good #2 WR speed guy at best, not a top 5 #1 guy like Hill (lets not go crazy)

Now add in Mahomes at QB and Kelce at TE and everything looks a little better.

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean they do have a “new regime” in town right? Usually means old players arent kept around.🤷‍♂️

At this point, I just have no words. The Dolphins trading Waddle straight up for Hill would just be foolish.

23 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Have the last two weeks been the craziest of any offseason? 

23 hours ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Not even close. The amount of QB movement, big trades and the almost scripted timing (most deals were spaced out where we had at least one big event per day) added up to somethign very unique. Usually its a nothing burger after the first 2-3 days or there is one big swing.

22 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It’s a big offseason when 1 elite QB moves to a new team.  Rare when 1-2 starters change.  

We had 2 elite and 3-4 clear starter level guys change teams.  And that’s before the Mack / Adams trades.    Or the Ridley suspension.  So yeah this is very much a unicorn off-season.   Maybe we’ll see more similar off-seasons like this in the future but this is the first of its kind post-cap and maybe ever. 

Pro Bowls aren’t a great barometer overall but this does highlight how crazy this offseason has been.   Tyreek Hill getting traded would just be another cherry on top of the craziest offseason ever in NFL history.  

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Is it out of question that you guys run it back with Jimmy if they don't feel Trey is ready?

Not now. I still view it as unlikely, but the fact is that the original idea is that he would have been gone by now and if Trey sucked in OTAs or got nicked up you really had no choice in the matter. 

Now there is a choice and you can see what unfolds with Trey.