2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

47 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGk4DI0vhsbIKUxZ48kld

Let's goooooo. 

You do have the money he's asking for that no one else in the NFL apparently wants to spend. He does have his Ring now. Actually think you might be the front runner. 

It's not going to be cheap making him a Jet. Just make it so Rediculous of an offer, taking less joining the Cowgirls isn't even on the table. GL!!!

Go Jets

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You and my ex wife are the only two people I know that can be corrected on this every other day and still not know its ri not re. Ridiculous. With an *I*. 

Plot twist: Nabbs is actually your wife, she posts here

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I'd love Tyrann Mathieu the Honey-Badger as an NY Jet. 

FS: Tyrann Mathieu.

SS: Jordan Whitehead. 

Draft Sauce Gardner @ CB and all of a sudden NY has one of the most talented Secondaries around.

{featuring the likes of Mathieu/Whitehead @ FS/SS Safety + Sauce Gardner/D.J. Reed @ CB along with Bryce Hall, Michael Carter II and Brandin Echols at CB 3-5}. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGk4DI0vhsbIKUxZ48kld

Let's goooooo. 

You are quickly becoming my favorite poster on this forum

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You do have the money he's asking for that no one else in the NFL apparently wants to spend. He does have his Ring now. Actually think you might be the front runner. 

It's not going to be cheap making him a Jet. Just make it so Rediculous of an offer, taking less joining the Cowgirls isn't even on the table. GL!!!

Go Jets

Tyrann will be a Raider my friends, he's just waiting until June 1st when we have the cap space to sign him.

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's also insane that there is literally zero trade market for Jimmy or Baker.

But is it really insane? They're both free agents after this season. Who wants to invest money into either of these guys? And on top of that, give up a draft pick or two to do it. 

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

But is it really insane? They're both free agents after this season. Who wants to invest money into either of these guys? And on top of that, give up a draft pick or two to do it. 

Usually it's pretty difficult to acquire a starting QB, I mean we've seen guys like Darnold/Rosen get traded for 2nd round picks. Them being on 1 year deals also means it's not a long term commitment if it doesn't work out.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Usually it's pretty difficult to acquire a starting QB, I mean we've seen guys like Darnold/Rosen get traded for 2nd round picks. Them being on 1 year deals also means it's not a long term commitment if it doesn't work out.

Not defending those trades, but those guys had multiple years left on their rookie deals. In the case of Baker, this is the last year. Unless you're looking for a 1-year rental, you're going to have to pay him. Sure, he's worth a flyer on a team who could use an upgrade, but there's also the compensation piece. We don't know what Cleveland is asking. At the end of the day, not many teams are likely thinking "Baker is the answer for us at QB", so if that's the case then what's his value? Not much.

5 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Not defending those trades, but those guys had multiple years left on their rookie deals. In the case of Baker, this is the last year. Unless you're looking for a 1-year rental, you're going to have to pay him. Sure, he's worth a flyer on a team who could use an upgrade, but there's also the compensation piece. We don't know what Cleveland is asking. At the end of the day, not many teams are likely thinking "Baker is the answer for us at QB", so if that's the case then what's his value? Not much.

Jimmy G and Baker have actually shown that they can be average to above average in the right circumstances though.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy G and Baker have actually shown that they can be average to above average in the right circumstances though.

Average isn't worth the money that it's going to take to keep them though. That's the issue here. It's always about money. If they're not worth the money, then the market value is driven way down.