2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

2 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

No.

Even though Tom Brady retired the Buccaneers will still be hit with his dead cap hits of...

$32M (2022).

$24M (2023).

$16M (2024).

$8M (2025).

$80M in dead cap hits next 4 Offseasons (Brady retiring didn't really give Tampa Bay cap relief).

They're probably able to sign Chris Godwin long-term because TB is under the cap although not by much but not in absolute Salary Cap Hell. 

This is your problem, you do one google search, click the wrong link and then spew it as facts and dig in on your belief that the one site was correct despite the 1,000 other sites that state: The Buccaneers will only have to pay $17 million in dead cap in TOTAL, to which they will pay $8 million in 2022 and $9 million in 2023.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You said he was signed as a stop gap. That was false.

He also said (in either this thread or the Schultz thread in the Cowboys sub-forum; it's not that important to me to go back to look and see which) that Corey Davis was the "most sought-after free agent" in the class.  (Which also isn't true, even if we take into consideration qualifiers like how many potential free agents - especially WR's - never saw the market due to the franchise tag and that absolutely directly spiked the demands for the limited few who of note who did hit the market.  ... But he was signed to be a stop-gap...

• Like 1

FTR - I wasnt looking for a cap breakdown (I know none of yall are talking to me). I was asking if the cap savings is what tipped the buc's decision. Before Brady retired, there were a lot of rumors that the WR room was going to be too expensive with Godwin.

Now that the QB room is cheap, I was wondering if they decided to splurge. 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Sure. 

I think he will eventually get traded for peanuts. Dallas sucks at trading so I fully expect it to be a mid rounder; that is if he doesnt get flat out released.

Your Jets make a lot of sense, but really, any team that has a 3rd-4th rounder and needs a WR would meet the requirement. Bears, 9ers, Steelers, Colts, Jags, etc etc... They could all be in play. 

Id say he would pair best with a team that already has a deep threat. A team that would allow him to work the 5-15 yard routes. But obviously trades rarely allow you to go to the perfect situation.  

id do a 3 if the cowboys ate like half that contract like the broncos did in the rams deal

57 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

This is your problem, you do one google search, click the wrong link and then spew it as facts and dig in on your belief that the one site was correct despite the 1,000 other sites that state: The Buccaneers will only have to pay $17 million in dead cap in TOTAL, to which they will pay $8 million in 2022 and $9 million in 2023.

you cant fix stupid sir.

no matter how many times u try to educate someone its up to the someone to remember it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

No.

Even though Tom Brady retired the Buccaneers will still be hit with his dead cap hits of...

$32M (2022).

$24M (2023).

$16M (2024).

$8M (2025).

John Cena Wtf GIF by WWE

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

you cant fix stupid sir.

no matter how many times u try to educate someone its up to the someone to remember it.

I don’t think you have to be stupid to be unclear on how exactly the ludicrously complicated and arcane NFL salary cap rules work. 

I think the kind thing, if you do understand them well, is to try to explain these things as best you can to those who still haven’t quite digested all the details yet — rather than dumping on them because they haven’t yet fully mastered a very confusing topic. I think it’s easier to “fix” misinformed than it is to “fix” willfully hurtful and degrading. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I don’t think you have to be stupid to be unclear on how exactly the ludicrously complicated and arcane NFL salary cap rules work. 

I think the kind thing, if you do understand them well, is to try to explain these things as best you can to those who still haven’t quite digested all the details yet — rather than dumping on them because they haven’t yet fully mastered a very confusing topic. I think it’s easier to “fix” misinformed than it is to “fix” willfully hurtful and degrading. 

You might be coming in a little late to the party, but there is willful ignorance on the otherside that frustrating many people. There has been no less than ~10 people try to explain the cap and its just met with "that doesnt sound possible" or some other dismissive comment. He literally debated inflation when people tried to explain Joe Montanas career earnings vs Zack Wilsons rookie contract. 

That said, you are right. Ive been poking fun as well and its not a nice way to treat a new member; regardless of how frustrated I might be. So, my b @DefenseWinsChampionships for my part in the jokes at your expense. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

If we were going to eat any of the salary, we would just keep him. 

This type of talk is becoming absolutely mind boggling to me.

Because please explain to me why are you even talking/thinking about cutting an awesome WR and one who's still in his absolute prime @ only 27 years old and more importantly a WR weapon who Dak Prescott absolutely loves and one who was also just a big piece to Big D's #1 Offense in both Yards and Points Scored (to begin with)? 

But why?

Because haven't you (and everyone else on this forum) been preaching to me and telling me how your Dallas Cowboys aren't in absolute Salary Cap Hell, and/or the NFL Salary Cap is only a myth and/or how Dallas can just restructure Dak Prescott's contract and/or that everything is A-Okay out in Big-D?

But now you're forced to entertain the idea of CUTTING/RELEASING/TRADING away AMARI COOPER?!?!?!?

Dallas Cowboys GIF by WFAA

Can any of you Salary Cap Free Agency gurus please explain this hypocritical situation to me?!? 

Why are we even entertaining this topic of discussion right now because if Dallas was ranked top 5 @ $48M under the 🧢 instead of being ranked 30th (only ahead of Green Bay and New Orleans) @ $22,154,885 over the 🧢...

Would we REALLY be talking about "RELEASING/CUTTING/TRADING/THROWING AWAY" AMARI freaking COPPER right now?!?

I Dont Think So No Way GIF by FTX_Official

PS: Amari Cooper ranked #1 in Dallas TD catches last year and #2 in amount of targets (for Dak Prescott) per game...

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

This type of talk is becoming absolutely mind boggling to me.

Because please explain to me why are you even talking/thinking about cutting an awesome WR and one who's still in his absolute prime @ only 27 years old and more importantly a WR weapon who Dak Prescott absolutely loves and one who was also just a big piece to Big D's #1 Offense in both Yards and Points Scored (to begin with)? 

But why?

Because haven't you (and everyone else on this forum) been preaching to me and telling me how your Dallas Cowboys aren't in absolute Salary Cap Hell, and/or the NFL Salary Cap is only a myth and/or how Dallas can just restructure Dak Prescott's contract and/or that everything is A-Okay out in Big-D?

But now you're forced to entertain the idea of CUTTING/RELEASING/TRADING away AMARI COOPER?!?!?!?

Dallas Cowboys GIF by WFAA

Can any of you Salary Cap Free Agency gurus please explain this hypocritical situation to me?!? 

Why are we even entertaining this topic of discussion right now because if Dallas was ranked top 5 @ $48M under the 🧢 instead of being ranked 30th (only ahead of Green Bay and New Orleans) @ $22,154,885 over the 🧢...

Would we REALLY be talking about "RELEASING/CUTTING/TRADING/THROWING AWAY" AMARI freaking COPPER right now?!?

I Dont Think So No Way GIF by FTX_Official

2 reasons and they have both been explained. You just refuse to accept the answers:

1. Because Cooper is not nearly as good as you think he is. 

2. "Just because you can afford a gold toilet doesnt make it a good investment" (remember that quote?).... Cooper is horrific *value*

Again, those are the answers no matter if you chose to ignore them for the umpteenth time. 

• Like 2

Just now, Matts4313 said:

2 reasons and they have both been explained. You just refuse to accept the answers:

1. Because Cooper is not nearly as good as you think he is. 

2. "Just because you can afford a gold toilet doesnt make it a good investment" (remember that quote?).... Cooper is horrific *value*

Again, those are the answers no matter if you chose to ignore them for the umpteenth time. 

Please just answer me this one question. 

If your Cowboys were ranked top 5 @ $48M under the 🧢 instead of being ranked 30th (only ahead of Green Bay and New Orleans) @ $22,154,885 over the 🧢...

Would we really be talking about releasing/cutting/trading/throwing away Amari Cooper (for cap savings) right now? 

Please answer my question.

Yes or no?