2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

35 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

What did I miss yesterday in regards to Dallas?

Yesterday they were -20M+ over the salary cap. 

Today they are still over the cap but @ - $13,423,684 over the cap. 

~ Did Dallas restructure or release any one for a cap savings last night?

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Think I read something about LTBE bonuses that weren't earned coming off the cap this past week. Pretty sure SF had some hit not sure about others, they saved around $6 million I think.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Think I read something about LTBE bonuses that weren't earned coming off the cap this past week. Pretty sure SF had some hit not sure about others, they saved around $6 million I think.

Thanks.

And somehow my Jets went from 5th to 4th in available Salary Cap Space and leap frogged Cincinnati (who's now 5th).

I know it wasn't anything Jets related because we're still @ $48,816,765 but now I'm wondering what happened to Cincinnati in order for them to fall to 5th @ $48,376,967.

5 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I'd say that J.C. Jackson and your N.E Pass Defense held their own against Stefon Diggs man. 

Trust me. I know. Because I'm an NY Jets fan.

Once again, no context whatsoever. 

You realize Diggs can be winning the matchup without the ball getting thrown to him/a pass being completed, right? The windstorm game in 2022 being a fine example of that.

5 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

You guys actually went through damn near the NFL gauntlet of awesome NFL WRs. 

Since you watched those games, which of those matchups did JC play man on the #1 for? 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Once again, no context whatsoever. 

You realize Diggs can be winning the matchup without the ball getting thrown to him/a pass being completed, right? The windstorm game in 2022 being a fine example of that.

You guys went through WR murderers row and ranked top 4 against the pass within just about every single statistical category known to DB mankind; and J.C. Jackson was the only superstar DB within your entire secondary. 

J.C. Jackson was awesome last year and a top 5 pass D wasn't possible without him. 

2 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Thanks.

And somehow my Jets went from 5th to 4th in available Salary Cap Space and leap frogged Cincinnati (who's now 5th).

I know it wasn't anything Jets related because we're still @ $48,816,765 but now I'm wondering what happened to Cincinnati in order for them to fall to 5th @ $48,376,967.

Dalton Schultz jokes and disappointment aside if he's not a Jet in 2022. How upset will you be if your Organization/Owner decides to not spend most of that available Cap but say pockets the money for a year?

Ala the Dolphins and Colts last year? Curious?

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I thought Kirk was was going to come cheaper, but he's well within his rights to come in there. 

With Curtis Samuel getting $11M last year this is right around where i expected him to come in at, especially with all the receivers getting tagged/staying put.

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Yep, it's basically the finalization of certain contract numbers

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Since you watched those games, which of those matchups did JC play man on the #1 for? 

I didn't watch all of N.Es games but I know you guys play both a lot of zone and also a lot of man to man. 

And I also understand that while in man to man coverage against opponents’ #1 receivers (regular season/playoffs combined) he only allowed 57 catches on 112 targets (50.8%) while ending up with a defensive QB rating against of only 51.8.

In other words he was elite (while in man to man coverage against teams #1 best receivers) and faced a lot of them. 

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Dalton Schultz jokes and disappointment aside if he's not a Jet in 2022. How upset will you be if your Organization/Owner decides to not spend most of that available Cap but say pockets the money for a year?

Ala the Dolphins and Colts last year? Curious?

Trey McBride. 2nd round. 36th overall (we've got 4 picks within just the 1st 38 draft slots alone). 

28 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

J.C. Jackson was awesome last year and a top 5 pass D wasn't possible without him. 

Which is true. But that’s also a straw man (from you, no surprise).

14 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I didn't watch all of N.Es games

Which ones did you watch?