Week 9 GDT

mcmurtry86

5 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Really? The 4-3 division leading Titans who beat the Seahawks are more disappointing than the Broncos, Giants, and Bengals?

Looks like you missed the key word being "among" but regardless, a lot of people saw the Broncos and Giants demise coming

The Titans, coming into today, had the 26th ranked D, 13th ranked offense (by points allowed/scored). Their last 2 wins have been against the hopeless Colts and barely beating the incredibly awful Browns.

This was supposed to be a year to take a step forward and I'm not seeing it. Mariota has been mediocre at best (statistically below average) and has taken a step backwards. The D hasn't improved at all and has taken a step backwards. The coaching seems shaky. It's nice that they beat Seattle - who look to be declining a bit anyway - but that big win is offset by struggling to beat the Browns.

If they didn't play in a cupcake division, they wouldn't be in the playoff hunt. Luckily for them, they have a fairly easy schedule going forward (including a 4 game stretch against the Colts, Texans, Cardinals and 49ers). They very well could win their division since 2 of the other teams (Indy and Houston) are dead in the water. But a lot of people, myself included, were expecting Mariota to take a leap forward. A lot of people, myself included, thought perhaps the Titans could be a convincing playoff contender as opposed to a mediocre team benefiting from playing in the worst division in football with a very soft schedule.

So yeah, I'd say they are disappointing. Right up there with the Raiders, Bucs, Falcons and a few others.

1 minute ago, RamRod said:

Rams ran a hook and ladder. Kupp catches it and pitches it to Tavon. 

Curious how that look in the stat sheet. A catch for Kupp for the amount of yards from where he caught it and the yards Tavon gets are rushing yards?

Kupp would get credit for 1 catch with X yards, Austin gets 0 catches for Y yards

Archived