Who’s Linked To O'Connell: Filling Out The Staff

gopherwrestler

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

But in what capacity?

He had hoped to stay as DC? I’m sure he did. He had hope to stay as DL coach? If that’s the case, then I’m a bit bummed they let him leave. But, when’s the last time a coordinator took a demotion with the same team?

Yeah this seems like a non story unless he wanted to stay as D-line coach and got turned down

14 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Jaleel Johnson, Ade Aruna and Jalyn Holmes were misses but they shouldn't diminish the great impact that Andre Patterson had on this team.

Holmes actually seemed pretty solid with the Saints this year actually, which may be a sign that he was being developed but was taking longer, stuck behind better players… or it could mean that someone other than Patterson was able to get more out of him. Doesn’t matter at this point, but just food for thought.

• Like 1

Won’t lie, Rumph and Townsend don’t excite me much. Especially considering who they let leave. 

I can understand a bit more letting Patterson leave with the idea seemingly to switch to a 3-4, 1 gap system. Patterson has always been a 2 gap coach. 

But going with Townsend over Karl Scott is a puzzler. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Won’t lie, Rumph and Townsend don’t excite me much. Especially considering who they let leave. 

I can understand a bit more letting Patterson leave with the idea seemingly to switch to a 3-4, 1 gap system. Patterson has always been a 2 gap coach. 

But going with Townsend over Karl Scott is a puzzler. 

Im with you on letting Scott go; Townsend does have a relationship with Patrick Peterson (if P2 wants to stick around)