Who’s Linked To O'Connell: Filling Out The Staff

gopherwrestler

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Just because O’Connell was a bad QB doesn’t make him a bad coach. But I do generally agree, it’s getting tiresome seeing all these young coaches who have a connection to McVay get a job. Some of these hires just don’t seem warranted, but who knows. Can’t deny the successes those hires have had. Just never saw it with O’Connell but I am glad they hired more of an offensive focused coach. Would rather deal with turnover on defense than offense.

Honest question, “never saw it with O’Connell…” based on what?? What has their been to see?

His only time, in the spotlight, as a play caller was under essentially the same circumstances as Klint Kubiak here after Gruden got fired in Washington. Callahan was a run, run, run coach just like Zimmer and wanted to pound AP on early downs to set things up instead of using the pass to set things up. 

Edited by RpMc

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Hell hire Sean Desai!  The dude is smart as can be, great communicator and is the former Bears DC this past season. 

I can definitely get on board with Desai if the Bears aren't retaining him.

I think Fangio is my favorite but just don't think it's realistic. 

43 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I can definitely get on board with Desai if the Bears aren't retaining him.

I think Fangio is my favorite but just don't think it's realistic. 

Desai is interviewing for the Giants DC job so he could easily be gone in a short amount of time.

Just depends on if Fangio even wants to be a DC anymore or does he want to be a HC somewhere else.  

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Desai is interviewing for the Giants DC job so he could easily be gone in a short amount of time.

Just depends on if Fangio even wants to be a DC anymore or does he want to be a HC somewhere else.  

I could be mistaken, but I thought the only remaining job he interviewed for just went to Doug Pederson. At least for this cycle, Fangio appears on the outside. 

35 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I could be mistaken, but I thought the only remaining job he interviewed for just went to Doug Pederson. At least for this cycle, Fangio appears on the outside. 

Am I wrong or are the Dolphins, Texans and Saints all still looking for a head coach?   I believe they all are, I am not aware of who has interviewed but I cannot imagine anything is in stone until they hire someone.  Who are the guys that interviewed for those three openings?  I know Flores has for the Saints and Texans or at least there was interest there.  

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Am I wrong or are the Dolphins, Texans and Saints all still looking for a head coach?   I believe they all are, I am not aware of who has interviewed but I cannot imagine anything is in stone until they hire someone.  Who are the guys that interviewed for those three openings?  I know Flores has for the Saints and Texans or at least there was interest there.  

Miami has Mike McDaniel and Kellen Moore as their finalists. One will likely be named the HC tomorrow or Monday. 

The Saints are interviewing Bieniemy today, and it sounds he, Dennis Allen, and Aaron Glenn are the top candidates. 

Houston is reported down to Brian Flores, Jonathan Gannon, and Josh McCown as their finalists. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Never heard of him. I think Fangio would be awesome, but I get the feeling that we'll be stuck with someone like Mike Pettine.

Who have you not heard of?   Graham?  Alan Williams was our DC the last 2 years with Leslie.  

According to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Green Bay head coach Matt LaFleur has been in talks with former Raiders interim head coach Rich Bisaccia for the role of Special Teams Coordinator.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/05/report-packers-targeting-rich-bisaccia-for-special-teams-coordinator/

Brad Biggs@BradBiggs

With Chris Tabor headed to the #Panthers, the #Bears are believed to be zeroing in on Rich Bisaccia as their next special teams coordinator.

Edited by vike daddy

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

Who have you not heard of?   Graham?  Alan Williams was our DC the last 2 years with Leslie.  

Sean Desai.

I honestly don't remember Alan Williams either but then I think our defense was atrocious in 2012-2013.

Weren't those the years we made Rex Grossman look like prime Drew Brees?

12 hours ago, swede700 said:

Probably not on this staff... 🤣

Is almost guaranteed to be because he is connected to Sean McVay, played on the Rams for him for a bit so he will instantly get a coaching job then.  He is a terrible player so might as well be a coach already, fits the bill failed crap QB with McVay connection, soon to be head coach apparently then. 😉

Either way I will lose my mind if the Vikings hire Mike Pettine as the DC, especially if Sean Desai is still available not to mention Vic Fangio.  

Richard Hightower, who spent the last five years as the 49ers’ special teams coordinator, will be the next special teams coordinator in Chicago, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/06/bears-hire-richard-hightower-as-special-teams-coordinator/

Edited by vike daddy

The Jaguars found their head coach in Doug Pederson and they are moving on with the work of filling out his staff. Josina Anderson of CBS Sports reports that they have requested an interview with Texans quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator Pep Hamilton for their offensive coordinator role. Hamilton remains under contract to the Texans as they continue their head coaching search and he could be in line for a new role in Houston based on how that plays out.

Word on Sunday was that the Texans are working on a deal that would make defensive coordinator Lovie Smith their next head coach. Sarah Barshop of ESPN.com reports that Hamilton is expected to be Smith’s choice for offensive coordinator if those talks wind up with an agreement.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/07/reports-jaguars-want-to-interview-pep-hamilton-who-could-wind-up-as-texans-oc/