Washington not in love with Chase Young in 2020? *Rumor*

taylor made

Just read this in the Senior Bowl rumor mill from walterfootball.com. This is the FIRST time I've heard anything like this before. This is just a rumor so take it for whatever its worth. But my god, this just makes me lose faith in Rivera & Company more and more. 

By the sounds of it, the Lions are not head over heels in love with Michigan edge rusher Aidan Hutchinson or Oregon edge rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux. Washington felt that way about Chase Young in 2020, yet he went No. 2 overall. 

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Senior-Bowl-2022-Rumors-Friday

(About 3/4ths of the way down)

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Just read this in the Senior Bowl rumor mill from walterfootball.com. This is the FIRST time I've heard anything like this before. This is just a rumor so take it for whatever its worth. But my god, this just makes me lose faith in Rivera & Company more and more. 

I remember back in the good old day where writers would at least pretend they had an anonymous source for this kind of thing, now they just assert it as fact.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I actually feel that Chase will be traded like Khalil Mack was. The fact that Chase didn't like the new name. He had underachieved in his first two years. I don't agree with it, but I think it will happen. It's the stuff that bad teams do, we fit the bill. 

How bad is it that our organization is letting our star players do these videos slamming the team name a couple weeks before the reveal. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, taylor made said:

That pick was all Dan like RG3 was. With those connections between the Snyder family and Chase prominent from the get-go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

How bad is it that our organization is letting our star players do these videos slamming the team name a couple weeks before the reveal. 

I think it was back in November that he did it? At the very least it was before the team informed the players they had decided. We all know the team decided on the name early last year. This would actually be the longest they have ever kept anything hidden so I guess that's progress about something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacDog said:

I remember back in the good old day where writers would at least pretend they had an anonymous source for this kind of thing, now they just assert it as fact.

It’s Walter football. He runs a trash website and basically never gets anything right. After we picked Trent Williams he said it was the worst pick in the draft and Williams would be out of the league in two years. He also wrote a giant article about how amazing Jimmy Clausen was going to be. The guys an idiot. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

That pick was all Dan like RG3 was. With those connections between the Snyder family and Chase prominent from the get-go.

If Dan Snyder had to convince Ron Rivera to pick the best player (at that time) in the draft then we have bigger problems than we know. 

• Like 2