Washington not in love with Chase Young in 2020? *Rumor*

taylor made

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Bogus. If they weren’t in love w/ Chase they wouldn’t have drafted him. It sounds like an opinion that WalterFootball may have heard, doesn’t mean it’s true. People are planting things & did plant things.

So by this, I guess you think they "in Love" with D Haskins ? or they wouldn't have drafted him . 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

So by this, I guess you think they "in Love" with D Haskins ? or they wouldn't have drafted him . 

Give me a break. There is absolutely no way Rivera would've signed on and then immediately let Dan make the pick. Like I said, anybody currently arguing there was a better prospect going into that draft than Chase Young is being ridiculous. I know you can't stand the guy and that's your prerogative but had we passed on Chase Young he immediately would've gone with the next pick. This whole conversation is stupid. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I would expect a more rational response from you. Think about it, who is the reason that we drafted Haskins? And did that 1 person live Haskins & tell everyone else we’re taking him over the football operations guys he hired disapproval?

Dan Snyder loved Haskins. He told Brice, Jay & Kyle that’s who we are taking. So yeah, the owner loved Haskins and they drafted him.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Give me a break. There is absolutely no way Rivera would've signed on and then immediately let Dan make the pick. Like I said, anybody currently arguing there was a better prospect going into that draft than Chase Young is being ridiculous. I know you can't stand the guy and that's your prerogative but had we passed on Chase Young he immediately would've gone with the next pick. This whole conversation is stupid. 

Yeah and I would hate to be watching Gerron Christian, Lucas & Moses try to block Chase Young two times a year last year for the Giants. If we had taken Tua or Herbert, they would’ve gotten sacked a lot in our 2 Giants games. Cosmi/Lucas vs Chase seems like a major mismatch too.

18 hours ago, mar29020 said:

Chase said " i'm ready to get out there commanding". Man i hate this stupid cheesy name. We literally picked a name so we can use it for good PR with the millitary as a shield. Such a disaster of a organization. 

Regardless of the name, I sure hope we find a good starting QB which gives us some hope, our #2 WR & starting TE get and stay healthy & our D bounces back to have a good year.

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This is clearly someone projecting thoughts now.  

Young was the best non-QB prospect, and it wasn't even close.  There was no way this team was not all-in on Chase Young, especially with Rivera's background with defense.  

And Herbert was thought of by no one as the #2 overall prospect- mostly bc of the dumb reading that he’s an introvert but still. If we took a QB #2, it was going to be Tua who’s been average so far & taps out as a good talent but not elite.

On 2/5/2022 at 12:09 PM, turtle28 said:

Bogus. If they weren’t in love w/ Chase they wouldn’t have drafted him. It sounds like an opinion that WalterFootball may have heard, doesn’t mean it’s true. People are planting things & did plant things.

S7wQ.gif

Mike Shanahan didn't love RG3 but low and behold, we know how that turned out. 

We KNOW for a FACT that Dan Snyder has a hand in everything this team does. As shrimp boat captain as Dan is, he still holds all the money that pays all the bills, which includes paychecks. 

Now, Walter is walter. He is a good dude, but he does things for click bait. His site is a freakin billboard of ads, and takes a while to load, but he has worked hard to get where he is regardless of his track record. And yes, his track record is no better than a politician. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

And Herbert was thought of by no one as the #2 overall prospect- mostly bc of the dumb reading that he’s an introvert but still. If we took a QB #2, it was going to be Tua who’s been average so far & taps out as a good talent but not elite.

I would never draft an Alabama QB. That is my Bill Parcells of QB scouting. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’ve read a number of things suggesting that, even at the time, they had no interest in Tua and Herbert was their QB2 behind Burrow. 

I think it came up around the time that we were getting connected to Tua in trade talks (when MIA was supposed to be on the brink of trading for Watson), and our beat guys kept saying they didn’t think so because we never really liked Tua to begin with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

S7wQ.gif

Mike Shanahan didn't love RG3 but low and behold, we know how that turned out. 

We KNOW for a FACT that Dan Snyder has a hand in everything this team does. As shrimp boat captain as Dan is, he still holds all the money that pays all the bills, which includes paychecks. 

Now, Walter is walter. He is a good dude, but he does things for click bait. His site is a freakin billboard of ads, and takes a while to load, but he has worked hard to get where he is regardless of his track record. And yes, his track record is no better than a politician. 

I think it’s more than just Dan. Rivera was just hired we all knew the defensive minded HC was going to take the generational talent at DE over a QB who was coming off a dislocated hip.

Rivera was going to take Chase 100 times out of 100.

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I’ve read a number of things suggesting that, even at the time, they had no interest in Tua and Herbert was their QB2 behind Burrow. 

I think it came up around the time that we were getting connected to Tua in trade talks (when MIA was supposed to be on the brink of trading for Watson), and our beat guys kept saying they didn’t think so because we never really liked Tua to begin with. 

Interesting. I sure hope that was the case because it makes me feel much better about our scouting department, Ron & Scotty that they wanted Herbert over Tua.

I mean, its possible that they werent "in love" with any player at the number 2 pick, but couldnt find a trading partner, so they just took the one they thought would be the best with a top 5 pedigree.

And I also imagine Dan had some input. And I imagine, of all his input, he probably was gunshy about a QB.

I mean .... of all the guys picked 2-10 that aren't quarterbacks, Chase is the only one who made a Pro Bowl.