Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:
1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

But he also single handedly doubled my defensive turnovers and led his team to 3 total points...

Which is very Tim Tebow of him.

Tebow cant do it all himself!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

After @Tk3 posts the new PWNYs, i think i will use that and extrapolate playoff predictions based on that metric and remaining strength of schedule.

I have given up using my own metric this year, we are riding the PWNYS

Is there any way to combine points and yards into one super metric? (If this has already been done, disregard this.)

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

After @Tk3 posts the new PWNYs, i think i will use that and extrapolate playoff predictions based on that metric and remaining strength of schedule.

I have given up using my own metric this year, we are riding the PWNYS

they will come soon

I am still reeling from the Thunder converting their first 10 3rd down attempts

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Is there any way to combine points and yards into one super metric? (If this has already been done, disregard this.)

Sure, any formulaa can be done.

Perhaps factor in efficiency too.

My old Formula i used last season.

Maybe it can be tweaked bc ypc isnt great because of kneeldowns

( 10 x YPC (offense) + Passer Rating (offense) + 2 X Avg Pts/Game Scored) – (10 X OPP YPC (defense) + OPP Passer Rating (defense)+ 2 X OPP Avg Pts/Game)

Just now, Malfatron said:

@TL-TwoWinsAway got a good formula for yards and points?

Maybe net yards + 10×net points

It sounds a lot like math. Math and I don't really get along.

I'd have to think that yards, points, turnovers and 3rd down conversions should be the standard, but I'm not the person to come up with something that makes any sort of sense.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It sounds a lot like math. Math and I don't really get along.

I'd have to think that yards, points, turnovers and 3rd down conversions should be the standard, but I'm not the person to come up with something that makes any sort of sense.

I can do the math

Its coming up with the importance of the various factors as it pertains to predicting future wins.

Turnovers to me (mostly fumbles) have too much of a luck element because fumble recoveries are random. INTs are more skill, and i would factor INTs and forced fumbles together maybe with forced fumbles possibly counting for half the value of an INT

11 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I can do the math

Its coming up with the importance of the various factors as it pertains to predicting future wins.

Turnovers to me (mostly fumbles) have too much of a luck element because fumble recoveries are random. INTs are more skill, and i would factor INTs and forced fumbles together maybe with forced fumbles possibly counting for half the value of an INT

Heres a potential formula

Net yards + 10 * net points + 40 *net int + 20* net forced fumble + 50 *net 3rd down conversion pct

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1