Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

WEEK 9   

FRE 47 ANT8

LRUR 52 ANC40

NAS 23 NZ-6

HAN 26 REYK 20

RIO 39 LAN12

TAC 46 COX 12

EGY 32 IND 47

SCR 34 PIT -8

BUR 39 NOR 55

PHO 17 RIC 32

"You win in the trenches" unless it's in Nacho's world. This metric went 3-7. Not great. Would be interesting to see if any teams bucked their trend this week or if the sum of other parts took them over the edge. 

Now we wait for week 10... 

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 2

I think we gotta take a moment and reflect on the greatness of @EaglesPeteC's coaching duo of HC Nick Sirianni and OC Pete Carmichael. Look at the aggressiveness of this offensive drive with a late 14 point lead:

Current score is New Zealand Blobfish 24, Nassau Sea Wolves 10.

Q3, 3:59, 1st & 10 on the NZ 15: Ryan Tannehill passes the ball to the outside and completes to Austin Hooper for 17 yards. Tackle made by Marshon Lattimore.
Q3, 3:27, 1st & 10 on the NZ 32: Ryan Tannehill passes the ball to the outside and completes to Curtis Samuel for 14 yards. Tackle made by Xavier McKinney.
Q3, 2:49, 1st & 10 on the NZ 46: Christian McCaffrey rushes up the middle for a gain of 4 yards. Tackle made by Jerry Hughes.
Q3, 2:09, 2nd & 6 on the 50: D'Andre Swift rushes to the outside for a gain of 14 yards. Tackle made by Derwin James.

Q3, 1:32, 1st & 10 on the NAS 36: Ryan Tannehill holds on to the ball too long and gets sacked by Richard Sherman for a loss of 5 yards.
Q3, 0:58, 2nd & 15 on the NAS 41: Ryan Tannehill passes to the middle of the field and completes to Jaylen Waddle for 7 yards. Tackle made by Devin White.
Q3, 0:29, 3rd & 8 on the NAS 34: Ryan Tannehill passes the ball to the outside and completes to Christian McCaffrey for 14 yards. Tackle made by Derwin James.
Q4, 15:00, 1st & 10 on the NAS 20: Ryan Tannehill passes to the middle of the field and completes to Christian McCaffrey for 10 yards. Tackle made by Richard Sherman.
Q4, 14:24, 1st & Goal on the NAS 10: Ryan Tannehill scrambles for 10 yards. Touchdown. Tyler Bass' extra point good.

I struggle to have my coaches call passing plays with a late deficit. These guys are out here going for throats. It's beautiful.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

42 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think we gotta take a moment and reflect on the greatness of @EaglesPeteC's coaching duo of HC Nick Sirianni and OC Pete Carmichael. Look at the aggressiveness of this offensive drive with a late 14 point lead:

Q3, 3:59, 1st & 10 on the NZ 15: Ryan Tannehill passes the ball to the outside and completes to Austin Hooper for 17 yards. Tackle made by Marshon Lattimore.
Q3, 3:27, 1st & 10 on the NZ 32: Ryan Tannehill passes the ball to the outside and completes to Curtis Samuel for 14 yards. Tackle made by Xavier McKinney.
Q3, 2:49, 1st & 10 on the NZ 46: Christian McCaffrey rushes up the middle for a gain of 4 yards. Tackle made by Jerry Hughes.
Q3, 2:09, 2nd & 6 on the 50: D'Andre Swift rushes to the outside for a gain of 14 yards. Tackle made by Derwin James.

Q3, 1:32, 1st & 10 on the NAS 36: Ryan Tannehill holds on to the ball too long and gets sacked by Richard Sherman for a loss of 5 yards.
Q3, 0:58, 2nd & 15 on the NAS 41: Ryan Tannehill passes to the middle of the field and completes to Jaylen Waddle for 7 yards. Tackle made by Devin White.
Q3, 0:29, 3rd & 8 on the NAS 34: Ryan Tannehill passes the ball to the outside and completes to Christian McCaffrey for 14 yards. Tackle made by Derwin James.
Q4, 15:00, 1st & 10 on the NAS 20: Ryan Tannehill passes to the middle of the field and completes to Christian McCaffrey for 10 yards. Tackle made by Richard Sherman.
Q4, 14:24, 1st & Goal on the NAS 10: Ryan Tannehill scrambles for 10 yards. Touchdown. Tyler Bass' extra point good.

I struggle to have my coaches call passing plays with a late deficit. These guys are out here going for throats. It's beautiful.

My offense with jacked up aggression is way better than it was when I was playing more conservatively. I went 100 aggression for the lols against the Venom and it kinda worked so I stuck with it to a degree last week and it was my best game of the season. 

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My offense with jacked up aggression is way better than it was when I was playing more conservatively. I went 100 aggression for the lols against the Venom and it kinda worked so I stuck with it to a degree last week and it was my best game of the season. 

I couldn't agree more. I did the same (throughout last year, then into this year) and reached the same conclusion. You run the risk of experiencing more negative plays, but also seem to try to move the ball.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You can tell this was from the sim based on how Tannehill didn't throw an interception to lose his team the game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Well, since i have impeccable sliders...maybe with bad sliders he can be good!

Remember when Nacho posted all those slider breakdowns of owners? Would be curious to see how this season stacks up against prior ones.

• Like 1