Pro football draft sim.trade down

DudeWhat???

This sim went so fast I didn't know who I was passing on.. apparently I passed on ikem and green... Hard to pass... But I do really like Trevor...Trevor was literally making DLinemen mad because he played so viciously to the whistle and over powered many of them. I like that...a lot. I can't believe Malik was still there but it could happen I guess...like it did with Lamar and especially if qbs fall...perhaps many teams don't view guys like Pickett, coral and Howell as mid first round picks... It is considered a weak class. So I guess it's possible Malik could fall if they all fall with guys like Desmond slightly rising. If tindall isn't there give me James houston Jr. From JSU...I watch the shrine game and I noticed that longed arm fcs sacking leader guy playing both ILB and edge rusher...he was extremely effective in coverage..his versatility is intriguing. 

PIT
    Trevor Penning
    OT Northern Iowa
    trade icon
  • PIT
    Malik Willis
    QB Liberty

• PIT
    Sean Rhyan
    OT UCLA
    trade icon
  • PIT
    Coby Bryant
    CB Cincinnati

• PIT
    Channing Tindall
    LB Georgia

• PIT
    Otito Ogbonnia
    DT UCLA

• PIT
    Marquan McCall
    DT Kentucky

• PIT
    Danny Gray
    WR SMU

• PIT
    Ezra Gray
    RB Alabama State

Wow...people are impressed with Penning throwing guys down? It was a huge disappointment as you didn't get to see him anchor. You didn't see his ability to use his hands. You missed his mirror ability. Coaches should have stopped that. That's not a sign of dominance...that's a sign of fear. In my opinion the throwdowns were dirty.

Penning will be a good one. Any other year, M.WIllis would be a round 2 guy, but he's not getting out of round 1, this year.
I have very mixed feelings about WIllis. 

I have to say, I'd rather use all our picks on other weaknesses this year. I just don't love the QBs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

If we're looking RT, I wouldn't look that early. We could get that kid from Michigan 2 rounds later, as of now. I can't weigh in on the "physical" play of Penning as I didn't watch the game. 

Looking for LT ... Moore can move to RT... I like more at LT but I believe he can be just as or even more effective on the RT. 

5 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Wow...people are impressed with Penning throwing guys down? It was a huge disappointment as you didn't get to see him anchor. You didn't see his ability to use his hands. You missed his mirror ability. Coaches should have stopped that. That's not a sign of dominance...that's a sign of fear. In my opinion the throwdowns were dirty.

I didn't say throwing guys to the ground. I said playing to the whistle. Finishing. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/northern-iowa-ot-trevor-penning-demonstrates-nasty-streak-at-senior-bowl/

5 hours ago, armsteeld said:

https://youtu.be/h8M5V1loy5w

4 minutes ago, DudeWhat??? said:

Looking for LT ... Moore can move to RT... I like more at LT but I believe he can be just as or even more effective on the RT. 

I think Penning will be a lateral move, at best, from Moore at LT. I’d rather take an actual, people-mover, RT, but mostly I think improving our guard play is the way to improve the offense.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Wow...people are impressed with Penning throwing guys down?

I get not being impressed with throwing guys down.  He was at Northern Iowa and the biggest question was could he dominate and pancake with better talent.  I think he set in his mind to be a mean SOB and get noticed. Mission accomplished. He showed a little Taylor Lewan attitude and with an OL that has been called soft the past few years, I welcome toughness, grit, attitude and  a passion to move men. We need some guys like that in the Steelers locker room and on the OL in my opinion.  The past two years the Broncos drafted two OL's that I was very high on and would have liked to see in the Black and Gold (Lloyd Cushenberry and Quinn Meinerz).  You can teach technique, you can quell and coach playing smart, but you can't give attitude and desire. That has to come from within. The throwing down wasn't necessarily impressive, but the willingness to mix it up and show an aggressive attitude was liked by me. 

It was a huge disappointment as you didn't get to see him anchor. You didn't see his ability to use his hands. You missed his mirror ability. Coaches should have stopped that. That's not a sign of dominance...that's a sign of fear. In my opinion the throwdowns were dirty.

He was asked to come out and compete and he did. I look at his actions more as displaying a mean streak than trying to be dirty, hurt anyone, or acting "Bush League."  I was impressed by his commitment and willingness to fight and mix it up consistently.  You want to change a culture, it starts with some of the guys you bring into the locker room. Some of the same was said about Dan Moore wanting to fight and mix it up after getting beat as well. You can't coach toughness and attitude. You can coach with toughness and attitude,   but the players have to have some fire inside. 

One of the most disappointing moments of 2022 was the second Bengals game. After several Bengals said this team quit and said they were soft after the first game. No doubt the Bengals were the better team this year and have had the Steelers number, but the response was extremely disappointing. They did not have the fight and did not seem ready to compete. That is attitude.  We can talk about poor play calling, injuries, and a lot of other reasons, rationalizations and outright excuse, but there is no excuse for the perceived lack of effort and lack of Steelers toughness and pride.  The Bengals called them out on this as others have as well over the past few years.  Think back to 2017 when the Jaguars came to Pittsburgh for the divisional game and talked smack. I remember "Pocket Hercules'" kids throwing snowballs at fans even. That was never done in Pittsburgh before. The Jaguars came in and kicked the Steelers butts. I want to see the Steelers passion, pride, and toughness come back and it starts up front. I would rather have guys shoving and throwing opponents to the ground than getting pushed in the backfield, run over, and coming into our house and beating us on both sides of the ball and talking smack.  Even with some of the bad Steelers teams, they were never accused of poor effort, quitting or heaven forbid being called "SOFT!" 

16 hours ago, mwalker said:

Penning will be a good one. Any other year, M.WIllis would be a round 2 guy, but he's not getting out of round 1, this year. I have very mixed feelings about WIllis. I have to say, I'd rather use all our picks on other weaknesses this year. I just don't love the QBs.

I tend to agree with you here on everything . It will be interesting to see who the team really likes. QB's are typically over-drafted based on need and everyone searching for the next "franchise QB." I don't want to see them reach for a QB or any other player for that matter.  It will be interesting once we see what happens during free agency. I think the Steelers need to build inside of the trenches.  A good OL and a solid defense will go a long way to reestablishing some things and making this team more competitive with the better teams. 

16 hours ago, DudeWhat??? said:

Yes .. absolutely....I want his aggressive road grader style of play on the inside..

Me too! Pennington or any other player who has some nastiness, feistiness, pride, and determination.  You are not going to win every snap, every battle, or every game, but you can still play hard every play. I sometimes question the efforts after hearing opponents say that this team, has of all things, "quit!"  That's not Steelers football!

7 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

If I am trading down out of the 1st, I'd likely be drafting Zion Johnson -- if he was still available. I also think you need to pick up a Safety instead of QB.

What safeties available in the second round are catching your eye... because I agree but I haven't looked into safeties available during this round ..  so I'm not sure who I should be looking at...any suggestions?