Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) New episodes on Wednesday

Acgott

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Disney's take on Star Wars has regularly allowed Jedi that weren't strong with the force to whoop Sith who were supposed to be extremely well trained/powerful. Just takes away from the stakes,  imo.

Not saying I entirely disagree, but Obi-Wan is one of the best Jedi in the Star Wars canon.  The one jedi on the run did get strung up in this series, so there you go.

• Like 3

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Not saying I entirely disagree, but Obi-Wan is one of the best Jedi in the Star Wars canon.  The one jedi on the run did get strung up in this series, so there you go.

Rey and Fin were whooping on Kylo Ren too. The dark side is weak, lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

6/10 overall

7/10 for me 

59 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Loved Obi-Wan feeling the force and the rock barrage, it showed him as Vader's equal, which I always felt he was.

I don’t love it so much. I’ve rationalized it myself because I felt like it was Obi wan going a little gray, allowing himself to feel a connection to luke and leia which harnessed some dark side energy in fearing for their loss, but otherwise it just looked like Obi wan suddenly developed drastically better force powers than he ever exhibited. I’ve always thought Obi Wan was an unspectacular Jedi that only ever wins because luck/the force favoring him. His defeat of Anakin was good because he trained him and knew all his moves and knew the defensive strategy to counteract Anakin’s aggression, but his defensive fighting made him get his *** kicked at like every point in the prequels. In the final episode, him wiping the floor with Vader didn’t really make sense as he went from civilian to elite fighter and Vader would have much more experience now. Also don’t much love Vader leaving sooooo many of his opponents alive when he has the easy drop on them. Maybe palpatine inferring Vader is soft for them is true and the Anakin on the inside prohibits Vader from taking out those he cared about. 

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Had to get that "Hello there" in there with Luke, lol.  It's right in my nostalgia wheelhouse, so i'm always a sucker for that line.

Really dropped the ball not having Luke say “I have a bad feeling about this” in response 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rey and Fin were whooping on Kylo Ren too. The dark side is weak, lol.

It’s just the age old tired trope of showing a bad guy with elite power but pussyfoots around with it by toying with their prey and not taking their shot when they easily have it and then getting thwarted. It’s so boring and overdone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

It’s just the age old tired trope of showing a bad guy with elite power but pussyfoots around with it by toying with their prey and not taking their shot when they easily have it and then getting thwarted. It’s so boring and overdone. 

Obi Wan's lightsaber was legitimately bouncing off of storm troopers a couple of episodes ago and now he's destroying Vader, makes sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Probably the only reason Hayden agreed to come back, lol. 

Idk if Gen x/Boomers hating on the prequels soured him on it, but I know Hayden was a hardcore Star Wars fan before he got the job and likely would’ve looked for any reason to come back. 

The reason the prequels are making a resurgence now is because millennial and Gen z voices are at the forefront instead of the X and boomers back then, the former of which grew up on the prequels and love them for what they are. 

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Really dropped the ball not having Luke say “I have a bad feeling about this” in response 

Why would he have a bad feeling about a guy saying hello and giving him a toy?

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Feel like Obi Wan’s defeat of Vader at the end was 70% because they wanted to show Vader with half his helmet cut off for the visuals. 

Like I said, they were in a pickle there.  They both had to survive, and that's how writing works, building to get to what you really want to display/showcase.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Obi Wan's lightsaber was legitimately bouncing off of storm troopers a couple of episodes ago and now he's destroying Vader, makes sense.

The only way I can rationalize it (as I try to have an unbiased multifaceted perspective) is that he was weak (even in the prequels) because he only allowed himself to pull from the light but in this towards the end he understood he had to go a little gray. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His lightsabre bounced off of Vaders armor 2-3 times in that battle.  The one shot to the back had his cape smoldering and there were a couple shots to the helmet before he got the big one that took part of it off.  He also had busted up the controls too at that point.