Not Just the X's and O's, But the Culture of the KOC Offense

vike daddy

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Hopefully we can fix the turnovers issue this season.

I think Darnold will turn the ball over more than Kirk. But hopefully, the defense will be better at taking the ball away. 

• Like 1

If Darnold can maintain a 2:1 TD:INT ratio, I think we’ll be in good shape. 

For some reason I get the sense that Darnold with Jefferson and O’Connell is going to have similar results as Jeff George did with Moss and Green in 1999. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If Darnold can maintain a 2:1 TD:INT ratio, I think we’ll be in good shape. 

For some reason I get the sense that Darnold with Jefferson and O’Connell is going to have similar results as Jeff George did with Moss and Green in 1999. 

That would certainly be okay, just as long as they don't end up having to face the "Greatest Show on Turf" (although I still think the '98 Vikings offense was better than the '99 Rams offense, yet the Rams defense was far superior to that of the Vikings). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, GermanVike said:

Do the Browns pay anyone except for Garrett on Defense?

Denzel Ward's cap number is $12.1M this year.  Otherwise, most of their defense is on their rookie deals or small number vet deals like for Dalvin Tomlinson, Z, and Shelby Harris.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After all that's happened in the last week I honestly think the 2024 season boils down to KOC being able to scheme up an effective run game - something we've lacked in 2022 & 2023 under KOC.

Darnold can be a good QB but not if the whole offense depends on his arm & especially not if the offense is one dimensional 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, viking said:

After all that's happened in the last week I honestly think the 2024 season boils down to KOC being able to scheme up an effective run game - something we've lacked in 2022 & 2023 under KOC.

Darnold can be a good QB but not if the whole offense depends on his arm & especially not if the offense is one dimensional 

It would be great to have an impact full running game. Aaron Jones is the best back O'Connell has had in Minnesota.  I will wait to see if his running game plan continues to be uninspired, and if he abandons the running game after the first offensive series.

2 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

I will wait to see if his running game plan continues to be uninspired, and if he abandons the running game after the first offensive series.

I'm not sure if uninspired is the correct wording, I'd go with ineffective. KOC has said all of the right things regarding the utilization of the run game but he hasn't come through. So I'm partially with you in that I'll believe it when I see it. 

Adding Jones will hopefully help with that and perhaps Kene can bust a few explosive runs this year as well.

• Like 2

Which offenses will light up the scoreboard this season, and which will fall flat? We’ve projected how every unit will fare and ranked them from best to worst.

26. Minnesota Vikings

Look out—the Sam Darnold truthers are back, baby! Let me be clear. I have nothing against Darnold. It would be a fun story if he salvaged his career and played well for the Vikings. But I think many are dramatically overrating the likelihood of that happening.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2024/8/21/24224022/2024-nfl-offense-ranking-green-bay-packers-houston-texans-kansas-city-chiefs

Sheil hates the Vikings apparently.