Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

I wonder how the Winston situation will impact on Koetter, especially with a QB heavy draft coming up.

If we do move on from Winston, he might get another crack at it with another first round QB. 

However, if this is true, I think that’s it for Licht. I can’t see the Glazers renewing a guy who took a calculated risk on Winston’s character and got it wrong. Unfortunately for Koetter, no Licht probably means he’s fired.

The franchise is in an exceptionally tough position. I think they’d be right to move on from Winston if he’s found to have done this, however given there were two people in the car, I don’t think we’ll ever know for certain what happened. What do the Glazers do if we get to that position?

37 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I wonder how the Winston situation will impact on Koetter, especially with a QB heavy draft coming up.

If we do move on from Winston, he might get another crack at it with another first round QB. 

However, if this is true, I think that’s it for Licht. I can’t see the Glazers renewing a guy who took a calculated risk on Winston’s character and got it wrong. Unfortunately for Koetter, no Licht probably means he’s fired.

The franchise is in an exceptionally tough position. I think they’d be right to move on from Winston if he’s found to have done this, however given there were two people in the car, I don’t think we’ll ever know for certain what happened. What do the Glazers do if we get to that position?

Honestly unless this team closes 9-7, licht is cooked and won't be renewed. His ballsy decision making has cost this franchise. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9347/dirk-koetter

Multiple league sources tell The Ringer’s Mike Lombardi that Bucs coach Dirk Koetter’s job is in jeopardy.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9270/jon-gruden

Pewter Report’s Scott Reynolds believes there’s "interest on both sides" between the Bucs and Jon Gruden.

There you go boys!

21 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

I think the house gets cleaned because of Jameis. Reflects poorly on the GM and HC. The HC will more so be a casualty of the GM and not get a 3rd year to prove this was a fluke down year. The fact that we could have 1. New GM/HC 2. QB heavy draft 3. Top draft pick 4. Serious questions on James' character at the very least 5. 1-2 years away from a $100MM contract extension for Jameis.... all this makes me wonder if its the perfect storm to do something unprecedented. Trade a 23 year old, potential franchise QB. Sure this sets the team back, potentially, but if we deal out $100MM to Jameis and he pulls some other stupid crap, then we are actually screwed as a franchise. A new GM who has no ties to Jameis can't feel comfortable giving him the kind of money he'll want.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I feel like the "Grumors" would be a lot different if Jameis were suspended indefinitely.

If we have a top pick with tons of QBs coming out in the draft, I still think Gruden would want to come back. Not saying I prefer him, but I think he'd still want to come back. We have TONS of offensive talent, but need to sure up the lines. Draft say, Lamar Jackson, someone who Gruden could continue to develop as a pocket passer, and man the offense could really be unstoppable. If Jameis is shipped out and we had the chance, with the improved passing of Lamar, id be tempted. I don't think he's Vick 2.0 in the passing department. Why wouldn't Gruden wan to work with him and our offense?

9 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If we have a top pick with tons of QBs coming out in the draft, I still think Gruden would want to come back. Not saying I prefer him, but I think he'd still want to come back. We have TONS of offensive talent, but need to sure up the lines. Draft say, Lamar Jackson, someone who Gruden could continue to develop as a pocket passer, and man the offense could really be unstoppable. If Jameis is shipped out and we had the chance, with the improved passing of Lamar, id be tempted. I don't think he's Vick 2.0 in the passing department. Why wouldn't Gruden wan to work with him and our offense?

I don't think think Lamar Jackson is a guy you can develop quickly. And has gruden really warmed up to younger qbs? 

The guys in this draft to me are all raw. I like darnold but he's not ready to play in the NFL. He needs to clean up a lot. 

Rosen is probably the most NFL ready guy but there are concerns that players don't like him that are his teammates. Interceptions with him and darnold concern me  

Jackson has a ton of upside and I like him but he's not ready to play. 

Josh Allen is what you call a developmental guy with upside. He's got sloppy mechanics. 

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:53 PM, Lil' Shorty said:

I think the house gets cleaned because of Jameis. Reflects poorly on the GM and HC. The HC will more so be a casualty of the GM and not get a 3rd year to prove this was a fluke down year. The fact that we could have 1. New GM/HC 2. QB heavy draft 3. Top draft pick 4. Serious questions on James' character at the very least 5. 1-2 years away from a $100MM contract extension for Jameis.... all this makes me wonder if its the perfect storm to do something unprecedented. Trade a 23 year old, potential franchise QB. Sure this sets the team back, potentially, but if we deal out $100MM to Jameis and he pulls some other stupid crap, then we are actually screwed as a franchise. A new GM who has no ties to Jameis can't feel comfortable giving him the kind of money he'll want.

So let's say this happens and they want to trade Winston. Now how much would we ask in return for trading him?

BTW if we do bring in Gruden and a new GM then who would go to the OC and DC side. That's another question to answer also.

Archived