GB free agency 2022

squire12

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Dude, I JUST went on a diatribe about the Packers not getting killer mentality players.

I’m not the person you need to be making fun of.

Doesn’t change the fact that the Packers wouldn’t break the bank for a personality that didn’t fit what they’re looking for.

The only reason we got Woodson was because we wanted him to play corner and that’s what he wanted.

I had to read this a few times, I don't get your line of thinking.

So you're saying Woodson was not a personality fit but we signed him anyway because we needed a corner?

Yet somehow he thrived despite his supposed killer mentality. I'm not sure he's even a good example to be using here.

Why can't the same happen for JuJu?

1 minute ago, Chili said:

I had to read this a few times, I don't get your line of thinking.

So you're saying Woodson was not a personality fit but we signed him anyway because we needed a corner?

Yet somehow he thrived despite his supposed killer mentality. I'm not sure he's even a good example to be using here.

Why can't the same happen for JuJu?

1. JuJu signed with the Chiefs

2. JuJu isn't anywhere near as talented as Chuck

3. Chuck was a "problem" for rudderless teams. JuJu was a "problem" for competitive teams. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Rodgers is 38 years old. He’s not doing that much longer.

but he did draft MVS and EQ four years ago when he was much more mobile. Seemed like a weird move at the time.

If Gute is expecting Rodgers to start throwing the ball up to his taller receivers then he doesn't know Rodgers very well. That's not his style, he only throws to open receivers not to taller guys hoping they out jumps their coverage. He's far too protective of the ball to take unnecessary risks like that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chili said:

but he did draft MVS and EQ four years ago when he was much more mobile. Seemed like a weird move at the time.

If Gute is expecting Rodgers to start throwing the ball up to his taller receivers then he doesn't know Rodgers very well. That's not his style, he only throws to open receivers not to taller guys hoping they out jumps their coverage. He's far too protective of the ball to take unnecessary risks like that.

i dont think this is accurate, he throws high to tight ends all the time

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

i dont think this is accurate, he throws high to tight ends all the time

Rodgers barely throws to TEs.

To Finley (best seasons only) 55, 55, 61 catches but since then....

To Cook 30

To Rodgers 58, 30

To Bennett 24 catches in 7 games

To Graham 55, 38

To Tonyan 52 then dropped to 18 catches in 8 games last season (not sure what that was all about)

It's pretty sad it was Rich Rod with the most catches since Finley and that was the season Nelson was out for the year. it explains why his numbers has been artificially pumped up especially with Adams not quite ready to take on the load. other than that he has really gone out of his way to avoid throwing TEs,

Rodgers clearly doesn't lean on big TEs the way Mahomes, Brady, Rivers does. Its the same with big WRs Rodgers barely throws to Lazard, EQ, MVS but those shorter agile guys he threw to over his career... a ton. Driver, Jones, Jennings, Cobb, Adams. Nelson is the only outlier.

it's obvious what kind of receivers Rodgers works best with.

Edited by Chili

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. JuJu signed with the Chiefs

2. JuJu isn't anywhere near as talented as Chuck

3. Chuck was a "problem" for rudderless teams. JuJu was a "problem" for competitive teams. 

1. well duh! we're talking hypothetically here.

2. Yes he's not as talented but that doesn't mean he can't succeed here.

3. Kansas is a competitive team and they certainly don't see JuJu as a problem. They tried to sign him for two offseasons in a row.

Just now, Chili said:

3. Kansas is a competitive team and they certainly don't see JuJu as a problem. They tried to sign him for two offseasons in a row.

JuJu wanted to stay in Pittsburgh but some of his on field antics cost his team this year. I don't remember Woodson's problems were health. Yes, he was late for meetings and things like that, but that is pretty much the Raider way. 

JuJu might be immaturity and maybe he grows up, but he did some really dumb things last year. 

The price certainly seems right to KC. 

Moving on...

Anyway I just had a thought. The Packers previously tried to trade for Will Fuller as #2 to Adams. In other words they think he's better than MVS. Do we really think the Packers opinions will have changed since then? Probably but it leads me to question whether we are really targeting MVS or is Fuller our real target despite his suspension and injuries over the past year.

LaFleur was the QB coach at Notre Dame when Fuller was there so there is a connection.

Maybe we'll just sign both!

Edited by Chili

21 minutes ago, Chili said:

Rodgers barely throws to TEs.

To Finley (best seasons only) 55, 55, 61 catches but since then....

To Cook 30

To Rodgers 58, 30

To Bennett 24 catches in 7 games (that works out to less than 0.5 catches per game)

To Graham 55, 38

To Tonyan 52 then dropped to 18 catches in 8 games last season (not sure what that was all about)

It's pretty sad it was Rich Rod with the most catches since Finley and that was the season Nelson was out for the year. it explains why his numbers has been artificially pumped up especially with Adams not quite ready to take on the load. other than that he has really gone out of his way to avoid throwing TEs,

Rodgers clearly doesn't lean on big TEs the way Mahomes, Brady, Rivers does. Its the same with big WRs Rodgers barely throws to Lazard, EQ, MVS but those shorter agile guys he threw to over his career... a ton. Driver, Jones, Jennings, Cobb, Adams. Nelson is the only outlier.

it's obvious what kind of receivers Rodgers works best with.

mostly bums, aside from finley. rodgers tested tonyan high a lot of times this year. 

30 minutes ago, Chili said:

Kansas City doesn't see Tyreek Hill or Frank Clark as a problem.

**** Kansas City

But that's not the point I'm making. It's more damning if a player is a ****up on a competitive team rather than a trash team.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

JuJu wanted to stay in Pittsburgh but some of his on field antics cost his team this year. I don't remember Woodson's problems were health. Yes, he was late for meetings and things like that, but that is pretty much the Raider way. 

JuJu might be immaturity and maybe he grows up, but he did some really dumb things last year. 

The price certainly seems right to KC. 

Being a “problem” skill position player is pretty much the Steeler way. 

Antonio Brown

Le’Veon Bell

Chase Claypool

apparently Juju

Dante Fowler to the Cowboys.

Is Z. Smith greed coming back to bite him in the ***? He walked away from a pretty good deal after seeing Miller's and Jones deals and there's a real possibility he will end up getting way less.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't understand the desire to post OTHER random people's opinions. It's just something I'll never get.

Either to build that post count or the self-important feeling of being the forum aggregator.

Edited by Striker