GB free agency 2022

squire12

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Do you spend $72M on Christian Kirk or $24M on Zay Jones for them to sit on the bench?  With an $8M+ cap hit, do you want Marvin Jones on the bench?  One of them is likely getting moved, I'd bet on Marvin Jones.

Injuries etc happen. A roster dosent' only have 3 WRs on it even if those 3 play the most. 

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Does a high 2nd round pick or his agent want to be the #4 WR on a rebuilding team when his contract expires next season?

The player and agent really have no leverage here though. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Every player and agent have leverage, don't show up for camp.

That's an option but it's really not an option with the fine system that is in place for players under contract. 

1 minute ago, R T said:

That's an option but it's really not an option with the fine system that is in place for players under contract. 

He's represented by Klutch Sports, one of the fastest growing agencies, founded by LeBron and his business partners. You don't piss off well represented agents. What happens if Evan Neal or Aiden Hutchinson sign there and he makes their lives hell trying to get the #1 pick deal done because they're holding one of their clients hostage as a 4th WR on a rebuilding team?

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's represented by Klutch Sports, one of the fastest growing agencies, founded by LeBron and his business partners. You don't piss off well represented agents. What happens if Evan Neal or Aiden Hutchinson sign there and he makes their lives hell trying to get the #1 pick deal done because they're holding one of their clients hostage as a 4th WR on a rebuilding team?

I think that is a real reach. If the coaching staff wants to keep him and has a role for him in mind, they will keep him. If they don't they will entertain offers and try to move him. It's a two way street and a team can make life hell for an agent just as well. I have no idea what the team thinks, but the player and agent aren't free to do whatever they want in this situation.   

If I had a choice, I think I'd prefer GB go after Shenault over Parker. Not having watched either player, I cant make an accurate comparison - but GB was rumored to be interested in Shenault when coming out of college and he'll only be 24 in October.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

If I had a choice, I think I'd prefer GB go after Shenault over Parker. Not having watched either player, I cant make an accurate comparison - but GB was rumored to be interested in Shenault when coming out of college and he'll only be 24 in October.

I think the Packers need a true outside WR and that's not Shenault, although I'd rather trade for him than Parker.  Shenault is a Deebo Samuel type of player.  He's got serious potential if utilized properly.

57 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Does a high 2nd round pick or his agent want to be the #4 WR on a rebuilding team when his contract expires next season?

Does a high 2nd round pick or his agent make the decision to trade players? 

it could happen, i just don't see the point if I'm the jags unless i get good value.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think the Packers need a true outside WR and that's not Shenault, although I'd rather trade for him than Parker.  Shenault is a Deebo Samuel type of player.  He's got serious potential if utilized properly.

Yeah....it's all conjecture and I've honestly not seen much of either - but just watching highlight reels (now) - I'm not sure if Parker isnt the more talented WR at this stage - but - he's also 29 y/o and been doing it longer. 

27 minutes ago, R T said:

I think that is a real reach. If the coaching staff wants to keep him and has a role for him in mind, they will keep him. If they don't they will entertain offers and try to move him. It's a two way street and a team can make life hell for an agent just as well. I have no idea what the team thinks, but the player and agent aren't free to do whatever they want in this situation.   

I think you're underestimating the power players and agencies have in a social media world. If Laviska wants out of Jacksonville, he'll get out. If he's fine there competing for a spot, he'll stay.